Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCM: Microsoft Certified Master

Options
  • 17-01-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done their MCM in any area?

This is the prerequisites for Exchange as well as the normal certificates.

Five or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003: installing, configuring, and troubleshooting

Three or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007: installing, configuring, and troubleshooting

One or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010: installing, configuring, and troubleshooting

Thorough understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server design and architecture

Thorough understanding of Active Directory, Domain Name System (DNS), and other core network services related to Exchange Server

Ability to speak, understand, and write fluent English

The parts highlighted in bold are what I am confused about.

Is this identified through the exams already taken or will they need to meet and assess you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

HOLY CRAP.

I just got more info on it. It cost 18,500 USD to do.

Screw that.

It isnt going to raise my salary anywhere near enough to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I was thinking about doing it for a while. I meet all the pre req's and I think i could handle it but the cost was the killer. Company wont fund it and you can only do it in Redmond I think.

The had deal on recently where it was on offer for ~7.5k if Im not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its got Architect above it. You would need to be pretty focused on a single platform for it to be worth it.

I note about 80% of them work for MS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I was thinking about doing it for a while. I meet all the pre req's and I think i could handle it but the cost was the killer. Company wont fund it and you can only do it in Redmond I think.

The had deal on recently where it was on offer for ~7.5k if Im not mistaken.

Correct

Advertisement