Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spectrasonics unveil a custom made (one-off) "instrument" called OMG created

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Spectrasonics at 2011 NAMM showed a new custom made instrument they created. It's going to be given as a prize to the winner of some competition which will be announced shortly.

Eh....the "instrument" consists of:

built around a little phatty
    2 built in iPads
    2 built in iPods (iPod touches)
    Inside it contains a mac mini
    It's got USB and Firewire on it also
    Wi-Fi network built in
    Software on it is Omnisphere v1.5
    Omni TR (their new iPad app)

and more....

he starts the description @1.39
    he starts playing demo @4.15

i think it looks terrible btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

might look like shyte but that is going to be one serious piece of kit for the lucky winner :cool:

oh hang on. is the moog synth part of it or is it gutted to make way for all the software? if so then i take back what i said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

oh hang on. is the moog synth part of it or is it gutted to make way for all the software? if so then i take back what i said.

hahaha :D

there's no moog synth (i think) just the big shell making way for all the bits inside.

you going to enter the comp now? :p

nope.. but im gonna make my own out of an old pentium 1, a copy of rebirth some mdf and they keys off a yamaha PSR :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

:D

you could put a fog horn on it too with a little disco ball for the live performances would go down a treat :p

• Advertisement

or one of those wind up air raid sirens. stuck on the side with gaffa :cool:

WWWWEEEOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo............

WOOP WOOP its da sound of da police!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭SinewaveSurfer

that is one fugly piece of dog sh1t.

Advertisement