Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky multiroom landline prob?

• 17-01-2011 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey

I ordered sky tonight but I mainly want it for multiroom. Anyway the guy on the phone said that we need a landline for multiroom. Which we have. And it works fine cos we have broadband through it. There's just one prob I'm wondering about.

We cancelled our outgoing calls ages ago to stop us from ringing using the phone(bills too high). He said that when installing it, the engineer will need to dial on the phone and make a call or something to make sure its working? Does this mean I won't be able to get multiroom?

As I said the phone line works perfect and we have a phone. And can even receive calls fine to the phone. We just can't make outgoing calls with the phone. Will this effect getting the multiroom?

Thanks for any help...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

The boxes need to call out to confirm that they are on the same landline and at same address, you'll need to lift the restriction so the installer can preform the call backs needed to activate your account.
    Also the boxes must remain connected to your landline for the duration of your contract with sky.
    Although, some people remove their phone connection and are never bothered by sky, 50/50 really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Can you make Freephone calls? If so you should be ok as I'm 99% sure the boxes ring a Freephone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rob 89

Thanks for the help :)

I don't know if we can get eircom to put outgoing calls back on for us. They were charging us a ridiculous amount before we got it cancelled(even without making calls) so I doubt they'll just stick it on, on the once off for us.

We can receive calls fine but not sure about phoning free numbers. I'll have to hook up the phone and check. Starting to think this won't work now.

Do you know is there anyway they can just get someone at sky to ring the line for us instead of having to make an outgoing call themselves? I understand sky ring the line to ensure we still have the box hooked up. Could they not just do that when setting it up too? (I'm clueless with this lol)

Thanks for all the help...

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

I have sky but was thinking of multi room. Do I need a phone line to get multiroom as I dont have it? Is there any way around this?
    Sorry to OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I have sky but was thinking of multi room. Do I need a phone line to get multiroom as I dont have it? Is there any way around this?
    Sorry to OP.

No way around it,heard of a few dubious installs but you will get found out very quickly,not worth the hassle.Best solution is a FTA/Freesat box for the multiroom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement