Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to play indoor soccer

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all, I'm now in Cork city and just wondering if anyone could suggest how I could get playing a bit of indoor soccer, whether joining a team in a league or just a bit of a kickaround game? I could go sign up for astroturf etc but I was particularly wondering if there were any suggestions on indoor soccer? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

A guy I met in a pub told me that there is indoor soccer in Colaiste Stiofan Naofa but I cannot remember what nights.If I can find his number I could find out off him or maybe if you contact the college yourself you could find out.By the way would you have any interest in playing handball ? I am looking for someone to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The best thing is to go out to Leisureworld in Bishopstown (Mondays around 5 or 6 are good) and just ask people if they're looking for anyone, there's a game every hour on each of the 4 pitches and people are always looking for an extra man due to cancellations and no shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rgl

Dermighty wrote: »
    The best thing is to go out to Leisureworld in Bishopstown (Mondays around 5 or 6 are good) and just ask people if they're looking for anyone, there's a game every hour on each of the 4 pitches and people are always looking for an extra man due to cancellations and no shows.

Thanks for the tip! That would be outdoor would it though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

My apologies :P

I know Nemo has an indoor astroturf pitch (their outdoor pitches have subsided so avoid them), might be worth asking in Nemo (out near Douglas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tennis Village 5aside

Hi, We actually have a new indoor 5 a side league starting soon in tennis village model farm road. If you can get 5 you have a team or if you want I can try and find a team for you. It starts Thurs 3rd March, they have cool 5 a side indoor pitches there. Give me a shout on 086 1728668 or email tennisvillage5aside@gmail.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement