Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good, reasonably priced car park near Dame Street (Not Trinity Street Car Park!!!)

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone could tell me a good car park near Dame Street.

Parked in Trinity Street Car Park earlier for 4/5 hours and it ended up costing me over €20.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

The multi-storey car park on Drury Street (opposite Brooks Hotel) is €2.90 per hour. Brown Thomas car park is somewhere around €3.20 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,689 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Parked in Trinity Street Car Park earlier for 4/5 hours and it ended up costing me over €20

It's very expensive to park in that area, better off parking else where and getting a Dublin Bike. (€20 sounds wrong for that amount of time, it's €3.50 an hour there, are you sure it was over €20?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

John_Rambo wrote: »
    It's very expensive to park in that area, better off parking else where and getting a Dublin Bike. (€20 sounds wrong for that amount of time, it's €3.50 an hour there, are you sure it was over €20?)

5 hours and 1 minute gets charged as 6 hours
    6x3.5=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

John_Rambo wrote: »

I probably did get charged for 6 hours, think I was there for a little over 5 hours.

Cost me €20.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Is there no deals in the car parks around there at all?

Like how they cap the highest amount in the Jervis (€10 or €12 or something like that).

Just seems overly expensive, of course I'd probably see it otherwise if I owned one of the car parks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

The old whiskey store, it's on the Exchequer st side of Drury st. Valet parking too, can't remember the price per hour but they do rates for all day parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Jervis if your parking regularly. Buy a five day pass for 40 euro and it doesn't expire for 6 months.

Advertisement