Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best RB in the league?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ivanovic......pfffft he isnt even the best at Chelsea. :pac:

My vote goes to P. Ferriera :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Its a waste of time putting up these threads as we all know how they turn out. Basically Evra gets voted best left-back, Vidic and Rio best CB's and Rafael best RB even though he has played fcuk all games this season. Man Utd are the best team in the World and Fergie is the best manager. Rooney is better than Messi and Scholes is better than Xavi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Oranage2 wrote: »
    So now can we get back on topic?

Rafael as far as right backs go is very average if not poor - He's wild in the tackles, poor awareness, struggles positioningly. but because he's so young he can improve but i doubt to the stadard of an United full back!

Seriously flawed argument here, eager to tackle, yes. Whenever there is a ball that can be won, he is in for it, certainly not wild as he wins a large percentage of these tackles.

He owned Bale at OT, was fantastic against Ribery until the sending off, kept Bale quiet yesterday until the sending off, and in general since nailing down his place in the side has been one of our best players, consult Mitch's man of the match voting in the United thread for further detail on this.

I can see the merit for arguing he is not the best yet due to his age, inexperience (in relation to games played) compared to some of the other contenders and the fact that he hasnt played a large amount of games thus far.

IMO the only two real challengers are Sagna and Ivanovic, probably in that order, but if it was down to my own choice, I'd have Raf in my team.
    Mister men wrote: »
    Martin Kelly

This is ridiculous, people are referring to Rafael as a prospect which IMO is incorrect as he is the established first choice at United, regardless of his age. Prospects are players like Kelly and Walker, potentially going to be very good players, something which Rafael is already established as.

Kelly, although older than Rafael has had 7 league appearances for Liverpool and 7 appearances on loan for Huddersfield town.

At a younger age Rafael has been playing in the PL and CL for three years and has made the RB slot at an unbeaten team his own.

I have no doubt that Kelly could go on to be great based on his last few performances but at this stage to even put his name into this debate is wrong.

Just out of interest how many people would still refer to Gareth Bale as "a prospect" because he is only 21?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Warper wrote: »
    Its a waste of time putting up these threads as we all know how they turn out. Basically Evra gets voted best left-back, Vidic and Rio best CB's and Rafael best RB even though he has played fcuk all games this season. Man Utd are the best team in the World and Fergie is the best manager. Rooney is better than Messi and Scholes is better than Xavi.

Nice to see its finally sinking in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

....or....

you could try to reason with the 'blinkered' Utd fans as to why other RBs are better than Rafael.

we all know there's club bias, and there's a lot of Utd fans on these boards. you can do the math. hence my Howard Webb photo.

but there's really no point in moaning about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

It would be Ivanovic for me except he's had to play a lot of the season at centre back, so I'd rule him out.

After that I'd have Bosingwa but he's barely played so I'd have to rule him out then too.

Sagna and Zab have been the most solid so far imo.

Although if Rafeal keeps up the level of performance he's been putting in then come seasons end he'll be a shoe in for team of the season, imo.

EDIT: I for got Hutton, he's played very well this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

VW 1 wrote: »
    Seriously flawed argument here, eager to tackle, yes. Whenever there is a ball that can be won, he is in for it, certainly not wild as he wins a large percentage of these tackles.

He owned Bale at OT, was fantastic against Ribery until the sending off, kept Bale quiet yesterday until the sending off, and in general since nailing down his place in the side has been one of our best players, consult Mitch's man of the match voting in the United thread for further detail on this.

I can see the merit for arguing he is not the best yet due to his age, inexperience (in relation to games played) compared to some of the other contenders and the fact that he hasnt played a large amount of games thus far.

IMO the only two real challengers are Sagna and Ivanovic, probably in that order, but if it was down to my own choice, I'd have Raf in my team.

This is ridiculous, people are referring to Rafael as a prospect which IMO is incorrect as he is the established first choice at United, regardless of his age. Prospects are players like Kelly and Walker, potentially going to be very good players, something which Rafael is already established as.

Kelly, although older than Rafael has had 7 league appearances for Liverpool and 7 appearances on loan for Huddersfield town.

At a younger age Rafael has been playing in the PL and CL for three years and has made the RB slot at an unbeaten team his own.

I have no doubt that Kelly could go on to be great based on his last few performances but at this stage to even put his name into this debate is wrong.

Just out of interest how many people would still refer to Gareth Bale as "a prospect" because he is only 21?

Well Rafael has only played about 40 senior games in the last few years, Gareth Bale for instance has played about 3 times as many in a similar timeframe, anyone who has played as few games as Rafael must be considered a "prospect", he's proved very little yet.

You mention twice that he was dominating supposed better players until he was SENT OFF, the important bit's in bold. He clearly has potential but he is far too petulant, he can tackle but still makes bad decisions as to when to tackle, a few people have pointed out how many tackles he makes, I'd argue that good defenders don't need to tackle that much (due to them having a good positional sense, awareness and they read the game well, it was very rare to see Maldini through himself into a tackle) and that many of his tackles are unneccessary.

So far this season Rafael has been very good but he hasn't played enough to be considered the best in the league, it actually highlights a lack of good right backs in the league that he is even in consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Boskowski wrote: »
    JOS has been a passenger at the best of times and hardly gets a game with the reserves these days.
    Eh oshea has Been injured for last while and made his comeback with reserves during the week , he missed most of last season through injury too . So that statement ain't really through at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sagna for me. Always been a big fan of his.

Perch is a close second. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

VW 1 wrote: »

He owned Bale at OT
    I really didn't want to get into this but you don't tell the whole story here at all. He got huge help with Bale from Darren Fletcher, he didn't do it on his own by an stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Sagna is the most consistent, so he gets my vote, even without the bias.

Rafael is good and on the up, he'll be challenging in a couple of years. He's a horrible little fecker though. Easy to hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Eh oshea has Been injured for last while and made his comeback with reserves during the week , he missed most of last season through injury too . So that statement ain't really through at all

Sorry, my bad. I knew he suffered a dead leg and I didn't know such a thing could be that serious.

Having said that, I stand by what I said about him in general. Passenger. Solid backpasser. How his name could possibly come up in such a thread is beyond me.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Sagna is the most consistent, so he gets my vote, even without the bias.

Rafael is good and on the up, he'll be challenging in a couple of years. He's a horrible little fecker though. Easy to hate.

how is he easy to hate?

he plays with the same fire and passion of the lovable Mr Tevez

kryogen wrote: »
    how is he easy to hate?

he plays with the same fire and passion of the lovable Mr Tevez

who's ever said Tevez is loveable?

and Rafael is blatantly a petulant little so-and-so, dives into tackles, and is fairly adverse to respecting referees. for example, these 3 just from yesterday...

1) on the first tackle, he jogged off, for fúcking ages, while Dean was trying to call him back to have a word. just acting ignorant.

2) on the sending off, even though it was soft to say the least, he got right up in Dean's face.

3) when he was tackled, he waved that imaginary card. twice. he waved it, then when he saw Dean wasn't looking, stopped, then when Dean looked at him, waved it again.

he's going to sent off an awful lot in his career if he doesn't cop on. referees will take a dim view and start punishing him quicker than others if he gets a reputation.

if you can't see that he has a petulant, annoying little fecker streak in him, i can't help you. he's one his own fans love to have, but opposing fans love to hate. he's not malicious i don't think, just one that acts like a little fecker is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

SlickRic wrote: »

and Rafael is blatantly a petulant little so-and-so, dives into tackles, and is fairly adverse to respecting referees. for example, these 3 just from yesterday...

1) on the first tackle, he jogged off, for fúcking ages, while Dean was trying to call him back to have a word. just acting ignorant.

2) on the sending off, even though it was soft to say the least, he got right up in Dean's face.

3) when he was tackled, he waved that imaginary card. twice. he waved it, then when he saw Dean wasn't looking, stopped, then when Dean looked at him, waved it again.

he's going to sent off an awful lot in his career if he doesn't cop on. referees will take a dim view and start punishing him quicker than others if he gets a reputation.

if you can't see that he has a petulant, annoying little fecker streak in him, i can't help you. he's one his own fans love to have, but opposing fans love to hate. he's not malicious i don't think, just one that acts like a little fecker is all.

The new Gary Neville. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Predalien wrote: »
    Well Rafael has only played about 40 senior games in the last few years, Gareth Bale for instance has played about 3 times as many in a similar timeframe, anyone who has played as few games as Rafael must be considered a "prospect", he's proved very little yet.

You mention twice that he was dominating supposed better players until he was SENT OFF, the important bit's in bold. He clearly has potential but he is far too petulant, he can tackle but still makes bad decisions as to when to tackle, a few people have pointed out how many tackles he makes, I'd argue that good defenders don't need to tackle that much (due to them having a good positional sense, awareness and they read the game well, it was very rare to see Maldini through himself into a tackle) and that many of his tackles are unneccessary.

So far this season Rafael has been very good but he hasn't played enough to be considered the best in the league, it actually highlights a lack of good right backs in the league that he is even in consideration.

He was indeed sent off in those two games, both of which are generally considered questionable at best and in the opinion of a lot were not sendings off at all.

At a total of 63 appearances for United alone and being their first choice starter, add in to the fact that he has recently been called into the Brazil squad, being third choice behind Dani Alves and Maicon, he is definitely not just a prospect.

With Nani having an off day yesterday, the ability of Rafael going forward was on show, getting into the ball with the box on numerous occasions, taking on players, running with the ball at his feet, as well as taking care of his defensive duties and keeping Bale quiet for the most part down the left hand side.

This is the form we have come to expect of him, he is one of the most consistent performers in the team and always tries to the last. It is his attitude as well as his ability/potential (whichever it is being labelled as), as well as his hunger that wins it for me and makes him the best in the league. In 5-6 years it will be a debate as to whether there is a better RB in the world than him if he continues to develop as he has so far.

SlickRic wrote: »

3) when he was tackled, waving that imaginary card. twice. he waved it, then when he saw Dean wasn't looking, stopped, then when Dean looked at him, waved it again.

the sarcasm meter is on the blink my friend :)

i agree with most of what you said there, he will learn though, it was nice to see Rio giving him a little clip round the ear for waving the invisible card yesterday, and his youthful petulance and exhubarence has been seen before in players like Keane, Rooney, Ronaldo etc.... its nothing new and I hope he learns to curb it, as Im sure he will so that he can fully reach his potential

Of course I love him, and pretty much every united fan will love him, but its easy to see why other fans will find him an easy target!

makes us love him more of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Bacary Sagna. Generally a rock in a defense that gets more exposed than others. Constantly has to play beside a different centre-back partnership most weeks, which cant be easy and unsettling and doesnt let anyone down. Id probably have Ivanovic in second place although he has mainly played centre-back this season.

Rafael is a rough-diamond and has still a lot to learn, has the potential to be a very good attacking rightback but he does seem to get overly excited when defending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Glen Johnson?? :)

Stearman at wolves is a pretty decent young player too that is often overlooked cos he plays for wolves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Well are you going to disagree that United have the best back 4 in the world? Rafael may not be the best right back, but his performances this season have put him up there with the likes of Ivanovic and Sagna. Even the most biased ABU names Cole and Evra as the 2 best LB's around. Vidic and Ferdinand have their critics, and flaws, but they are certainly the best partnership around at the moment.

Nobody is claiming that Rooney is better than Messi, but you can certainly make a small argument that Scholes has been better than Xavi over the course of his career, obviously not now.

And nobody is claiming that United are the best in the world, especially with Barca's current form, but you can certainly make a case that they are the best in England at the moment. Fergie has won a hell of a lot more than any manager currently working. Of course it's going to be claimed that he's the best.

You make a scathing post on deluded United fans, when when half of that sarcastic post is actually true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Boskowski wrote: »
    Sorry, my bad. I knew he suffered a dead leg and I didn't know such a thing could be that serious.

Having said that, I stand by what I said about him in general. Passenger. Solid backpasser. How his name could possibly come up in such a thread is beyond me.

Think he only said it messin tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

My list:
    1. Rafael
    2. John O' Shea
    3. Wes Brown
    4. Gary Neville
    5. Darren Fletcher
    6. Owen Hargreaves
    7. Ritchie de Laet

I'm not really aware of any other decent teams or right backs worthy of mention in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

flahavaj wrote: »
    My list:
    1. Rafael
    2. John O' Shea
    3. Wes Brown
    4. Gary Neville
    5. Darren Fletcher
    6. Owen Hargreaves
    7. Ritchie de Laet

I'm not really aware of any other decent teams or right backs worthy of mention in England.

You've lost it flah, trying too hard now.

Could include Fabio in that at a push tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Maicon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

gustavo wrote: »
    Maicon

He is not in 'the league'
    He is in 'that other league'

gustavo wrote: »
    Maicon

Id imagine since the title says best right back in the league, and its clear from the reading of the thread and having a brain that Maicon is not eligible for this discussion

Also, Maicon is not the best right back in his chosen league anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Xavi6 wrote: »
    You've lost it flah, trying too hard now.

I thought you of all pople would enjoy seeing a bit of fun being poked at United fans for once Xavi?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My list:
    1. Rafael
    2. John O' Shea
    3. Wes Brown
    4. Gary Neville
    5. Darren Fletcher
    6. Owen Hargreaves
    7. Ritchie de Laet

Thats just too much like what Phil Brown would say.;)

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Well are you going to disagree that United have the best back 4 in the world? Rafael may not be the best right back, but his performances this season have put him up there with the likes of Ivanovic and Sagna. Even the most biased ABU names Cole and Evra as the 2 best LB's around. Vidic and Ferdinand have their critics, and flaws, but they are certainly the best partnership around at the moment.

Nobody is claiming that Rooney is better than Messi, but you can certainly make a small argument that Scholes has been better than Xavi over the course of his career, obviously not now.

And nobody is claiming that United are the best in the world, especially with Barca's current form, but you can certainly make a case that they are the best in England at the moment. Fergie has won a hell of a lot more than any manager currently working. Of course it's going to be claimed that he's the best.

You make a scathing post on deluded United fans, when when half of that sarcastic post is actually true.

Yes I am. Inter Milan's back 4 and Barcelona's back 4 are better imo.

Inter - Zanetti, Lucio, Samuel, Maicon
    Barca - Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal

Plus Xavi has been a better player than Scholes over the years.

Plus Mourinho is the No. 1 manager in the World today.

• Advertisement

i respectfully disagree with your assesment there

I understand the case for them, but I would have to disagree, aint life great

I would have Utd third, they are the best defensive unit in English football though they have conceded an awful lot in the EPL this season but so have Inter in Serie A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

My list:
    1. Rafael
    2. John O' Shea
    3. Wes Brown
    4. Gary Neville
    5. Darren Fletcher
    6. Owen Hargreaves
    7. Ritchie de Laet

Didn't Carrick play there? Don't forget him.

Sure according to other posts anyway Flah, just look at their medals they have to be the top :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

1. Ivanovic
    2. Sagna
    3. Rafael

With Rafael being top of that before the end of the year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Phil Neville. Mr.Consistent. Solid, dependable. Very sound defensively. Captain....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Plus Xavi has been a better player than Scholes over the years.

Plus Mourinho is the No. 1 manager in the World today.

Thats all fair enough. I disagree with you, but I can see the points on either end of the arguments.

So why the need for the sarcastic post about United fan claims. It's not outlandish to claim that United have the best back 4, or that Scholes has had a better career than Xavi, or that Fergie is the best manager. They may not be true, but we're not stupid for suggesting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

So why the need for the sarcastic post about United fan claims. It's not outlandish to claim that United have the best back 4, or that Scholes has had a better career than Xavi, or that Fergie is the best manager. They may not be true, but we're not stupid for suggesting it

Not sure why a thread about the best RB in the EPL mentions Fergie or Scholes. Pointless & worthless pop at United tbh.

Anyways, I'd find it very hard to choose between Sagna and Ivanovic. Hutton has been good when he has played also. Boswinga was great before his long term injury. If he can regain that kind of form again he is a contender.

If Rafael can curb his recklessness, he would have to be considered as a candidate. He has been very solid defensively and a good threat going forward. Wouldn't rate him as the best yet, but its certainly not as crazy to suggest him based on current form.

I would have Utd third, they are the best defensive unit in English football though they have conceded an awful lot in the EPL this season.

because Rio hasn't been there.

seriously, that back 4, i saw them yesterday, i remember them from the Double season with that clean sheet record...as a unit, and it fúcking grinds my gears to say this, they are pretty much the best in Europe.

Spurs were a man up for how long yesterday? Modric, Lennon, Bale, VDV, Crouch all on at the end, and all i remember is one VDV curler from 18 yards.

Vidic and Ferdinand compliment each other so well it's frightening. if they're fit and on form, you generally need weaponry to get through.

do you remember that clean sheet record? VDS made about 15 saves in 10 matches or something mental.

it's they to the Premier League. if Rio and Vidic stay fit the EPL is United's IMO.

anyway...this is slightly off topic.

um, yeah, Rafael is pretty promising, but there's a few better than him still :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ivanovic tears up that position in his sleep, and him a centreback by trade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Rafael is in the Sergio Ramos school of head banging right backs.

• Advertisement

Thats all fair enough. I disagree with you, but I can see the points on either end of the arguments.

Ya fair enough but there is an awful lot of pro-Utd. bias on here. Btw I never called anyone stupid and my post was obviously a bit sarcastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

But do United even have the best back 4 in the league, let alone the world.

Ivanovic by popular consensus is better than Rafael according to this thread.

Vidic is better than Alex.

Terry and Ferdinand are much the same quality I'd favour Terry slightly.

Cole better than Evra in my opinion.

And yes I would put both the Inter and Barca back 4 before Uniteds.

In fairness Xavi against Scholes is a non runner and you know it. While their club careers have been much the same, 2 Champions Leagues each and a batch of league titles, one only needs to look at the respective international careers and indeed individual awards to see the difference.

Xavi has won a European Championship and a World Cup and indeed an under 20 world cup. Paul Scholes achieved nothing spectacular at international level and retired when he knew he wasn't going to get his game.

These statements aren't outlandish but really people should know better. The fact of the matter is that of the best players of the past 30 years only Cristiano Ronaldo played in the Premier League.

Most fans, not just United fans but they're a handy example, think that they're club is the best in the world and show little appreciation for foreign leagues and players. I've no doubt that if a best goalkeeper in the world thread went up Van der Saar would get a shout. On the best player of the lifetime thread shouts were given for Cantona and Scholes. Ridiculous. In fairness shouts were also given for Zola and Bergkamp and indeed Kenny Dalglish so its no just United fans who show huge.

Basically these threads always descend into United are the best team in the world etc. Many people are unable to see beyond their own team being hugely biased in the process.

Btw I think Sagna is the best right back in the prem. He's been at the top for 3 and a half years whereas Rafael has been good for 9 months. He has the potential to be very good but has a petulant streak he must overcome first. If he can keep his form then this discussion could be vastly different in two years time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

TBH, I see a load of people in these threads claiming that United fans say that we're the best in the world and all that, but I rarely ever see Uniteed fans actually saying that.
    Just the regular load of bollox from the regular load of bullshít posters.

Being as unbiased as I can, the United defence works better together than any other defence in the world, imo. Chelsea's defence sounds great on paper, but it really isn't. Rio and Vidic are perfect together and Evra is an all-rounder and Rafael is well on his way to being a great RB.

I'm getting sick of the shít from some people here, tbh.

baz2009 wrote: »

Being as unbiased as I can, the United defence works better together than any other defence in the world, imo. Chelsea's defence sounds great on paper, but it really isn't. Rio and Vidic are perfect together and Evra is an all-rounder and Rafael is well on his way to being a great RB.

Bad and all as Chelsea's defence is they have conceded the same amount of goals as United this season and that's despite having Alex injured most of the season.

To be fair its not that United fans think they're the best fans in the world. Its the hype of past and present players that I take exception too. Also the need to belittle foreign teams at every available attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Puyol and Pique look the strongest partnership in Europe atm.
    Alves is better than Rafael.
    Abidal is underrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Bad and all as Chelsea's defence is they have conceded the same amount of goals as United this season and that's despite having Alex injured most of the season.

To be fair its not that United fans think they're the best fans in the world. Its the hype of past and present players that I take exception too. Also the need to belittle foreign teams at every available attempt.

Did I say Chelsea's defence was bad?
    I just said it wasn't great, which it isn't, tbh.
    United's conceeding has come from mistake in the midfield rather than defence, I can't think of a goal against United that was a mistake of a defender(I'm sure there is one, just no obvious one that I can think of, atm). united's defence looks more assured than others, imo, even when Rafael got sent off yesterday Spurs never looked like scoring.

Every team does that, not just United.
    Belittling foreign teams?:confused:
    If that's from the Scholes v Xavi argument then a big LOL, tbh.

No not from the Scholes Xavi argument but even so the argument should never have been made in the first place.

To be honest its the likes of this crusade to dismiss La Liga and Also ignorance of some of the greats of the game purely because they never played English football.

TBH, I see a load of people in these threads claiming that United fans say that we're the best in the world and all that, but I rarely ever see Uniteed fans actually saying that.
    Just the regular load of bollox from the regular load of bullshít posters.

I'm getting sick of the shít from some people here, tbh.

Do you not see the irony here? It is sh1t like that, that people on here have to read all the time.

Surprised you didnt get 10 thanks for that tripe

Did I say Chelsea's defence was bad?
    I just said it wasn't great, which it isn't, tbh.
    United's conceeding has come from mistake in the midfield rather than defence, I can't think of a goal against United that was a mistake of a defender(I'm sure there is one, just no obvious one that I can think of, atm). united's defence looks more assured than others, imo, even when Rafael got sent off yesterday Spurs never looked like scoring.

Every team does that, not just United.
    Belittling foreign teams?:confused:
    If that's from the Scholes v Xavi argument then a big LOL, tbh.

OMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Think Rafael gets great protection from his teammates.

Its amazing Sanga still looks a good defender in this current arsenal team especially when he's relying on Arshavin to get back and help him out.

Think Sanga would be a monster in the united defence rarely ever makes mistakes and Rafael might struggle in the Arsenal defence with little protection and constant one on one's he would face.

Advertisement