Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Help and Advice Needed] Farming Work

Options
  • 17-01-2011 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hola boardsies!

A friend and I are currently seeking farm work to acquire our 2nd year WHV, and I was just wondering does anybody have any useful contacts or websites (apart from Gumtree) for finding work? I say apart from Gumtree as I'm already using it.

We're currently living in Sydney, but we'll move to anywhere in Victoria, NSW or Queensland for work!
    Neither of us have any farming experience. We're not interested in work without pay (supplying only accommodation and food) as need to save up money to travel on afterward!

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Try here mate,

http://myalbangera.com/bp/index.php

Don't know them personally though have mates that stayed here, basically a family that runs a hostel in Griffith though they have some agreement with 'Skilled' who supply all the local factories, farms and wineries with workers.

Might lead to nothing but hey its a starting point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Oh it's also probably worth mentioning that neither of us have our own transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

Bro, the best way to find outt is using

http://jobsearch.gov.au/harvesttrail/default.aspx

i don't know how often using 'contacts' works.... best is to get on those websites, get the names and numbers and just start ringing like hell

pretty sure the MODs have posted these sites in the 'read here' section though

Advertisement