Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tilt Control?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 6:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey,great forum and i have read alot of the posts...brilliant info imo...i just have a question about tilting in cashgames/tournaments...i play regularly online and i think my game is pretty good for the exception that i'm fairly prone to tilting,i'm pretty emotional by nature and as we know in poker we have to try and leave our emotions/egos at the door...just wondering if anyone has any advice,if they tilt and if so what they do to recover...cash games we can just quit sure,sit out or whatever but when u are deep in a tournament this isn't possible..sorry if i'm posting this in wrong section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭timogen

Different things work for different people.I dont really suffer from it but a runner,runner would do it to me.I stand up from the laptop take a walk around, rant and rave about my luck and make a coffee.
    Sit back at the table watch a few hands and off we go again,Telling myself (tight is rite).2 or three hands in again im back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

I tend to not playing anything except the 4 premium hands-
    I put head down and think how hand played out, was it a race, bad beat, donk call.....usually see how poker balances out or sometimes just get unlucky. Tell myself that's the game and justify the hand to myself....
    Runner runner bad beat or caught bluffing take a walk/ stretch/ fake ph call

Advertisement