Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys, Heading to Ennis next week.....!!

• 17-01-2011 7:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Guys, Heading to Ennis next week......?

Looking for info .. on cheap student nite (as were students) clubs nd pubs during the week , monday till thursday...
    Were a young Dublin couple so student nights is what we do ;)

ny info greatly appricated guys...thanks in advance

:D:D ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

There are no student nights as there are no students.

But try Brandons - as thats where the students go when they visit here, and its the best pub/club in town IMHO.

Also it's free in and €3 pints. You won't find that anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Charlie Stewarts have 5 bottles of beer or 5 cans of cider in a bucket for 15euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

it'll be dead mon-thurs
    and fri-sun...i'd go somewhere else

if your coming this way, head to limerick city, loads on,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

There is no third level college in Clare so there is no student scene. I'd head to Galway instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Pub scene has been seriously quiet this month except for Saturday. I'd also opt for Galway/Limerick.

None of the clubs will be open Mon-Thurs. Maybe the Sanctuary is open Thursday I'm not sure. Pub wise I'd stay on Abbey Street. If there's anybody around they'll be in Knoxes, Yolos or something near The Queens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

So someone posts they are coming to Clare for a piss up and ye suggest to go to another county.

For shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

CptSternn wrote: »
    So someone posts they are coming to Clare for a piss up and ye suggest to go to another county.

For shame!
    ya we doing them a favour !
    I'm from Ennis, I feel its my duty to spare them the horrors !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

OP there are no Third level colleges in Clare/Ennis so there is no student scene really apart from the weekend maybe when people head to places like the Queens nite club. You are better off as mentioned heading to Limerick which is only half an hour from Ennis, the place will be buzzing with students etc or even better Galway, I'm not taking away from Ennis as it has some good pubs but you'll be bored :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

CptSternn wrote: »

For shame!
    Can't recommend it to students at this time of year on a weekday. At the weekend it's a great spot for a pint, loads of students about. I think the Queens (aside from the poor DJ's) is a much nicer nightclub than they have in Limerick or Galway. But it's not open weekdays.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

As has been mentioned a lot of times, there isn't a student scene in Ennis, but that's not to say you won't find somewhere to go, although don't expect to get any cheap deals, but off the top of my head....

Early bird menus are available in most of the Chinese restaurants in town along with Knox's and Season's 52 offering very good deals (~€20 for a 4 course meal I think). I believe those 2 bars have drink offers as well, something like Kollege mentioned (€15 for a bucket), I believe Cruises is offering pints of Guinness for €3 a pint for January. Search facebook for all those places and you'll get a better idea.

For other bars with a bit of an atmosphere around (without drink promotions that I know of), Ciaran's, The Diamond, Faffa's, Brogan's usually have a few in during the week. The best piece of advice I can give anyone coming to Ennis and is looking for a bar to go to is try a few, everywhere is within walking distance and if you like a place stay there, if you don't, don't :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement