Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting time to Dublin

Options
  • 17-01-2011 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone give me a rough idea of what it takes to commute to work in dublin from carlow town or the outskirts? and what part of dublin they commute to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I used to commute to Blanchardstown from Carlow and it took me about 75 minutes now that it is all motorway and freeflow intersections.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

depends totally on where your going to in dublin and what time of the day your going, best way is carlow town to the newlands cross 45 mins..... with no traffic delays and doing the speed limit....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

thanks............... going to be commuting from carlow town to dublin airport........ probably looking at 1 hour 15??

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

thanks............... going to be commuting from carlow town to dublin airport........ probably looking at 1 hour 15??

It depends on the traffic at Newlands cross they are the only set of traffic lights between Carlow and the airport. What time will you be commuting at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

It may be of little use to you, but I got from Dublin Airport to Ballon yesterday in 65 minutes, leaving the Airport carpark at exactly 1.52 P.M. with Mrs Leincar driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

thanks everyone, need to be in the airport at 8am and can leave at 4.30 pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i commute from carlow to santry everyday

i leave at 7:30am and arrive in work at about 8:30 - 8:40am

but if i left home at 7:45am i'd be in santry after 9am

cos santry is next to the airport your travel time would be similar

Advertisement