Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Channel for Australian Open Tennis?

• 17-01-2011 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

I have 28, 19, 13, 9E all Ku on fixed 90cm
    I have 42E to 45W on 110cm Motorised.

Only Free To Air

Anyone got Live or highlights?

Is BBC Interactive on Sky box (no sub) best option? (That is working right now)

(My wife at least wants our next sat box to be Freesat HD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like BBC are your best option,they advertised it live via red button last night.Plus commentary is English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Probably hard to beat BBC FTA.

As an alternative, maybe Eurosport FTA on 19? I can't get 19 myself, but apparently there is english audio available. Schedule below.

http://tv.eurosport.de/tvschedule.shtml

If you were looking at subs, Al Jazeera is showing it as well. Eurosport 1 + 2 HD picture is much more inviting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

watty wrote: »

I have 28, 19, 13, 9E all Ku on fixed 90cm
    I have 42E to 45W on 110cm Motorised.

Only Free To Air

Anyone got Live or highlights?

Is BBC Interactive on Sky box (no sub) best option? (That is working right now)

(My wife at least wants our next sat box to be Freesat HD)

Eurosport on 19E are showing it. I couldn't find any BBC streams showing it last night, but I don't have red button capabilities on my box so was looking for the actual stream, their website said they were showing it on the red button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

We spend money on DVDs, not TV subs. Thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

BBC red button are showing it atm so that would be your best bet. Also on Eurosport in German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Johnmb wrote: »
    Eurosport on 19E are showing it. I couldn't find any BBC streams showing it last night, but I don't have red button capabilities on my box so was looking for the actual stream, their website said they were showing it on the red button.

The BBCi streams are always available on a FTA receiver at 12441 V 27500. The TPs haven't changed since at least last summer.

Advertisement