Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where you came up with your username title??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Kya is the name of one of my dogs and I was born in 1976. Very original:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Boring. Thought up while undergoing a severe attack of world-weariness and know-it-allness.

Eh... I still think I've earned my stripes, so to speak... :o... so am leaving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

My first one was a mish-mash of what my married name would have been (engaged and clearly insane at the time!!). My second one was what a boy I thought was cute used to call me :pac:

My current one is from the brand on the water coolers at work. I like my 1st and 2nd explanations better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was trying to think of a username and the book I was reading was open in front of me and the first two words on the page were 'how strange'.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

I think periwinkles are delish :o

Remember eating them on an amazing trip to Lahinch a few years ago. Good times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Mine is a horse I used to love to watch racing, she has retired since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

Have a guess! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭b.o.m.d.a.s.

Brackets off, multiply, divide, add, subtract.?
    as far as i remember junior cert maths :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

Mines a nitendo 64 computer game character from way back when.. Lylat wars or something

****e game but played it for years, I still quote lines from it but my news friends dont get the reference :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

My boyfriend's nickname for me :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno = immortal sister of Medusa :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ok confession time, mine came from my tractor! haha

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Rubberbandits song "Anthony's Eye."

"What's wrong with Anthony's Eye Is it a Cod Eye? Is it a Lamb's Eye?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Mine is the title of one of my favourite albums.

Mine is the title of one of my favourite albums.

Ah metal. Forever tainted for me by my ex, who was in a metal band. The worst, meanest, most awful human being I've ever met. Can't listen to metal since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I really, really like cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Mild obsession with both Flight of the Conchords and French culture.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Mild obsession with both Flight of the Conchords and French culture.

Fellow Francophile appreciates. :D

LambsEye wrote: »
    Ah metal. Forever tainted for me by my ex, who was in a metal band. The worst, meanest, most awful human being I've ever met. Can't listen to metal since!

I have an ex like that too. Life goes on though, keep the chin up! :)
    I wouldn't let him/her put you off listening to metal.

I have an ex like that too. Life goes on though, keep the chin up! :)
    I wouldn't let him/her put you off listening to metal.

Ach, I still rock out privately to my Killswitch and Lamb of God. But the connotations are too dreadful. It was a whole "scene." Prick! :D

• Advertisement

LambsEye wrote: »
    Ach, I still rock out privately to my Killswitch and Lamb of God. But the connotations are too dreadful. It was a whole "scene." Prick! :D

Hehe, good woman! Yeah, I know what you mean. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Muas Tenek is an Aramaic name for St. Michael's Seventh ArchAngel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

My characters name in a game called Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III, Merle

and I have been told that I am very girlie , so I combined both! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I always thought Silverfish was after those little metallic looking insects... :o

I always thought Silverfish was after those little metallic looking insects... :o

Great SP song Cherub!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Mine's from The Simpsons, catch-phrase of Radioactive Man, not terribly exciting...

Up-n-atom! wrote: »
    Mine's from The Simpsons, catch-phrase of Radioactive Man, not terribly exciting...

"My eyes! Ze goggles do nothing!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Mossy is my nickname, very simple really haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I was just after eating a bag, and the packet was still on the table and here I am! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Brackets off, multiply, divide, add, subtract.?
    as far as i remember junior cert maths :)

Bedmas? Brackets, exponential, division, multiplication etc...

I'm sure they're all the same... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Similar to what Korvanica did...

Dra-cula
    ha-vok
    John Malk-ovich (yes I know that's "ovich" instead of "ivich" ;P)

No particular reason for making it out of those 3 words in particular... but thought it sounded cool put together. been using it for over 8 years now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Gauge is a unit of measurement, specifically the one used to measure the size of body piercing jewellery (in the USA mostly, not so much here).

Piercings and body jewellery are something of an obsession of mine, and I also like names with very few letters in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

My friend was playing around with photoshop instead of doing work. Got a picture of my face and made my cheeks really red. Inspired her to turn me into an apple. Plus she would always call me 'sawa' instead of sarah. So i just squished the words together!

Sawa the apple -> swapple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

i am aries..., and very stubborn... and female... simples

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It was an in-joke that the only thing I could say in French was 'Je suis un poisson', which is feckin useless... I used to have an email account where you could have lots of different addresses all going to the same inbox, and the beginning of two of my addresses were je-suis-un-poisson and i-am-a-fish. Fishie must have seemed like a logical username at the time. People have gradually PMed me over the years with more languages to add to the signature.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fishie wrote: »
    It was an in-joke that the only thing I could say in French was 'Je suis un poisson', which is feckin useless... I used to have an email account where you could have lots of different addresses all going to the same inbox, and the beginning of two of my addresses were je-suis-un-poisson and i-am-a-fish. Fishie must have seemed like a logical username at the time. People have gradually PMed me over the years with more languages to add to the signature.

You could link that explanation to the last bit of your sig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Rocky Horror :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rocky Horror :)

Every time I see your username I get the song stuck in my head again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Your names awesome, Rainbow Kirby. Rainbows are lovely and happy and fuzzy :)

I thought SparkyTech sounded pazzaz and quirky.

In hindsight I relaise this was a spur of the moment impluse from my overactive brain :o

• Advertisement

I was clocking a motherboard/chip back in the dark ages, and did it wrong, I was a sparkytech when the chip flew out of the motherboard with a bang and landed a few feet away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

I break out (and get thrown off of) a lot of young horses. And there's some song I can't currently remember off hand but the chorus is something like "skywards again blahblahblah" and some smartass at the track thought it would be funny to start singing it every time I got launched. Its funny now, but I wasn't so amused the first time :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

It's my first name + first letter of my last name written backwards.

Been meaning to change it for ages, but can't think of anything to change it to! :-/

Budgese is what myself and the ex decided "is the language budgies speak". And I get to listen to a lot of budgie-speak with the two chatterboxes I keep at home.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Because I shine so brightly, like a beacon to all the faint-hearted. *coughs violently* I dunno, I just chose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

I'm a nature creature. Love nothing more than a big field of wild flowers, like a landscape painted by Claude Monet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Konata is a character in the anime Lucky Star. She's awesome :D

1228784067899.png.thumb.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My name is Fiona and when my brother was younger he couldn't pronounce it properly so it became Nona, which became Noni, which in turn became Noinini (can't figure out the fada's on this computer).
    Which (as I'm sure you all know :p ) is the Irish for Daisies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Daisies wrote: »
    can't figure out the fada's on this computer

AltGr + aeiou = áéíóú :cool: ( if you dont have a AltGr use Ctrl + Alt )

my screen name comes from the waltons by way of my oldest brothers sense of humor.
    wrote:
    Night John boy....

and sligo is my hometown so to make it a little unique I tacked it on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

AltGr + aeiou = áéíóú :cool: ( if you dont have a AltGr use Ctrl + Alt )

Tried that, doesn't work on this computer :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Fishie wrote: »

ooh- my friend speaks fluent Te Reo (Maori), I was just talking to her about it earlier. I should find out how to say it for you. That'd be a cool one to have. (actually you could probably google it but it'd be nice to get it from someone).

Mine is a mixture of my surname and the initials of my first and middle name. Not very exciting, I know. I'm getting married next year and am going to change my surname. Maybe I should change my username too to reflect it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement