Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyliffin International 10 Mile Coastal Challenge - Donegal 23/4/2011

Options
  • 17-01-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anyone planning on doing this race in Donegal this year? I ran it last year and the route is simply stunning. It begins in the village of Ballyliffin, through the Isle of Doagh and finishes on the beach at Pollan Strand. Details/Pics etc on their facebook page at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Great-Island-10-Mile-Road-Race/259998645758?ref=ts#!/pages/The-Ballyliffin-10mile-Coastal-Challenge-2011/146842005338829

Press Release

The 2nd annual Ballyliffin Coastal Challenge 10 mile event is taking place on Easter Saturday April 23rd this year .

Again the nominated charity is the local Hospice unit in Carndonagh.

There is an international dimension to the event this time round with a large group from London travelling to participate.

With just under 100 days left to this years event, there is still plenty of time for all the New Years resolutions to be kept to get fit and support a very worthwhile local charity in the process!

Come on guys, dust down the old Hi-Tec's and see you up the front on April 23rd !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭AngryLips

What kind of numbers are they expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Somewhere in the region of 600 i think.....

They've just released a video promo for the race - Looks great.

Olympic Team Manager Patsy McGonigle is involved with the organising committee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nG8_3TAGIM

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kevin7

I'd guess thats going to be a great event. My wife's family are from the area so I visit a few times a year and the jog along the beach there is marvellous.

There's a fairly well laid out track up along the by the dunes which is perfect for running because its a grassy sandy surface which is fairly flat. I don't mind jogging along the actual beach now and then but wouldnt make a habit of it because of the incline.

If you can make a weekend of it, bring your bike! Loads of hills around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lady marmalade

I'm going to do the Ballyliffin Coastal Challenge for the first time. It's a great course through a beautiful part of the world.

• Advertisement

are many of ye planning to head up for this? I had a groin injury which has just about cleared so hoping to take part again this year. Loking forward to it...

All set folks for this exciting event in Ballyliffin . Pre entries very encouraging, with over 200 so far and you can enter now by downloading entry form from www.visitballyliffin.com so why not get your friends on the list today.
    Failing that enter on the day from 11- 30 in Ballyliffin Hotel, with post race refreshments in the Strand Hotel .

Nice warm-up for the Belfast marathon..

Race starts 2pm

Remember you can either walk /jog/run ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Did anyone do this race last year? It certainly doesn't look like a route for setting PBs.

http://www.visitballyliffin.com/Ballyliffin-Coastal-Challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Looks like a fab route.

Advertisement