Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Stand

• 17-01-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope someone knows of a good deal going. I have looked on most main sites for bike stands and while I dont have a set budget in mind I am looking for the best deal but also a decent stand that raises the bike off the ground and is compact enough not to take up too much space in my shed when not in use.

What can you recommend ?

Cheers

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

instinct wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope someone knows of a good deal going. I have looked on most main sites for bike stands and while I dont have a set budget in mind I am looking for the best deal but also a decent stand that raises the bike off the ground and is compact enough not to take up too much space in my shed when not in use.

What can you recommend ?

Cheers

Mark

Bikehut do a excellent one from a compact/folding POV. However I personally find if your using a heavier bike such as a full susser, you have to lower the stand as its to stable enough. They also use a plastic bushing on the clamp area which isnt too durable if your constantly disassembling it. Its quite light , made from aluminium, and the tubing is strong enough, ive taken some tubes off to use as levers :o , They didnt deform.

Other than this id reccomend it, I got it for e70 which is excellent value for what it is, thats minoura stand level, and minoura stands are ****e.
    When folded , depending on the space you need its about 3ft high and half foot wide, or you can leave it assembled and it will fit in a corner no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

Hey thanks for the feedback. It would be for a hardtail so I want something stable enough.

Here is a deal I stumbled across this morning. I think its pretty good and may order later. It doesnt appear that legs fold when not in use but sure it can live in the corner of the shed and not cause much of a hassle.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/xtreme-repair-set-244814

Advertisement