Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement AC Adapter?

• 17-01-2011 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering does anyone know of any place in Dublin City centre that sells universal AC Adapters for Laptops? My Compaq one has given up the ghost! Even online might do!

Have tried PC World in Jervis, who sent me to Maplin, but Maplin's aren't exactly what I'm looking for (too expensive + not universal).

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Theres a large chinese hardware,electronics store in moore street, sells pc cables, universal power supplys around 40euro.
    ITS past the illac entrance, on the illac side, as you go towards parnell st,about 4 minutes walk from the illac entrance.try ebay ie ,if you want sumthing cheaper, make sure it suits power reqiurements, make sure set polarity right on the unit, +, - inside,outside the power circle,socket.SEE the diagram on the laptop label.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

i use this guy he is on dorset street 12 months warranty nice guy too http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/17/65716317.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Excellent - thank you both very much!

Advertisement