Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No wordpress support

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

Is it true that Eircom won't host wordpress sites and if so why?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Thanks

Hi supermonkey,

I will need to look into that, and I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dante's Devise

Hi supermonkey,

I will need to look into that, and I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

Hi eircom:Mark,

I'm also looking to find out if Wordpress hosting is possible with eircom as I have to migrate a wordpress site onto eircom's servers. Any feedback or update would be great.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi eircom:Mark,

I'm also looking to find out if Wordpress hosting is possible with eircom as I have to migrate a wordpress site onto eircom's servers. Any feedback or update would be great.

Thanks.

Hi Dante's Devise
    Mark is getting information on this issue for SuperMonkey and we hope to have some update this week.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Hi,

Thanks

If you are refering to the homepage.eircom.net/~username system it is not supported as this server does not support PHP or MySQL.

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Supermonkey,

Apologies for the wait, the answer I have received thus fas is..

"It appears to be down to compatibility, in that Wordpress needs the host company to support PHP which is apparently not supported by the platforms eircom uses for web-hosting."

I have asked for further clarification on this which I hope to have soon.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

collier wrote: »
    If you are refering to the homepage.eircom.net/~username system it is not supported as this server does not support PHP or MySQL.

When you consider the price of domain registration and a basic hosting plan, I can't see a good reason for not having a proper hosting package.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 viadd

Hey, I'm trying to move a Wordpress site to an Eircom server at the moment, are the servers still not compatible with Wordpress sites?

viadd wrote: »
    Hey, I'm trying to move a Wordpress site to an Eircom server at the moment, are the servers still not compatible with Wordpress sites?
    Hi Viadd,

The situation regarding wordpress hosting is as follows:

t appears to be down to compatibility, in that Wordpress needs the host company to support PHP which is apparently not supported by the platforms eircom uses for web-hosting."

I am afraid I have been unable to get an indication as to if or when the situation may change, I have passed on the feedback to our online hosting team to try keep pushing this for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement