Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Primary Teaching Courses

• 17-01-2011 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I am hoping to do primary school teaching in college in September..If i succeed in getting the points :mad: at present i am filling in my CAO and would like some information about the Church Of Ireland course which is a good few points less than St. Pats.. (Why) :confused:#
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭pooch90

Can't tell you much about the C of I course but if you do this then you will have to do a separate module to qualify to teach in RC schools. This is why the points are less. So unless you're C of I and only want to teach in C of I schools then I'd apply to one of the others first.

(completely open to correction on this btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Siobh1 wrote: »
    Hi I am hoping to do primary school teaching in college in September..If i succeed in getting the points :mad: at present i am filling in my CAO and would like some information about the Church Of Ireland course which is a good few points less than St. Pats.. (Why) :confused:#
    Thanks

Because it's just like any other course on the CAO - it's all about the demand, spaces available and the lowest amount of points accepted that particular year.

Advertisement