Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor garden venues?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a nice outdoor garden venue for family parties and small weddings etc located between Louth and Dublin?

I am hoping to set up a family gathering (naming ceremony, Spring or early Summer, 30-40 guests) and to give you an idea of what would be ideal, think of Ardgillan Castle's greens with sea and mountains as the backdrop (I don't think they allow private functions there though). Boyne Valley Hotel has a really nice garden adjacent to a nice conservatory area, but we have already had a function there, so keeping it as our fallback option for now.

I know we live in a spectacularly beautiful part of the world, and I am sure there are some real gems hidden out there, it's just that I don't know about them..! Thanks in advance for all recommendations..!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

Tankardstown House in Slane is nice. I know it's a bit out of the way but well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Rein-in

There have been some garden parties held here and seem to have gone down well. The website is being updated at the minute, but gives an idea of what they're about. It might be a bit far north for what you want though...

http://www.bellurganpark.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Darver Castle?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks for the suggestions so far. They all look great.

I know I mentioned they don't allow functions / parties in Ardgillan castle, but on further googling I found a comment here on boards that someone had their wedding at Ardgillan Castle. So may be they do? Need to get to the bottom of this one, as it's just a fantastic looking place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Ghan House Carlingford:

http://www.ghanhouse.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement