Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best and worst game endings *SPOILERS*

• 17-01-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Since we have one of these for openings and intros how about one for endings

Post some bad of disapointing ones aswell sure, mix it up!

heres 2 of my favorites

Samanosuke ****ing rules!

Always loved Shinobi III's ending, just seemd satifsying
    Its like a send off to the 16 Shinobi games, and more or less the end of the franchise as a really popular series

Now for one that really annoyed me, good things the game was so good I didnt care that much

Just such a ****ing tease of an ending

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,833 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Halo 2.

Guess 'best' or 'worst'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Easy...

I remember thinking WTF? That's it after all that?

Having completed the wonderful arcade version, the c64 version (Which isn't bad considering) came along with the usual c64 stink.

I guess in those days the ending was just an after thought :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Wind waker had one of the best endings ever.

Final Fantasy XIII's was garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

C64 was awful for these, they obviously never expected anyone to complete some of them... Arkanoid and Metrocross, if I remember, had simply "Game Over".. Hated that... Granted I used infinite lives (or time) cheats to get there... Hmmm... maybe the system detected that and gave me the bad ending...

I loved the ending of Half Life Opposing Force

Not sure if it counts as "retro" though... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah Shepard needs to make a comeback in HL2 E3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Quake was spectacularly terrible. Just a bit of text to congratulate you.

Halo 2 was unforgiveably bad but then so was the rest of the single player game.

MGS4, the best I can say about it is that the game finally came to an end. After the prettiest version of track and field ever more boring cutscenes followed by a quite frankly awful boss fight with Ocelot the ending cinematic goes on for about 90 minutes. For an ending to such a god awful story it really didn't need to be that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I love the ending to Chakan. Purely because it couldn't be appreciated in its true absurdity until emulation and save states came along! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Perhaps one of the most depressing endings to a videogame i've ever seen.

Advertisement