Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for Chicken and Broccoli bake?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

I have some chicken stock left from a roast chicken yesterday and I'm wondering could I use it in a chicken and broccoli bake? I have never used homemade stock so am slightly clueless as to how to use it.
    I was gonna make a casserole with it but I have a goo on me for yummy broccoli and chicken.

Any recipe suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Quick and easy is to crease your dish put the shredded chicken in the bottom, broccoli on top and cover with bread crumbs. Add to 1pint of chicken stock 2 tbls of mayo, 1 tbls of curry powder and 2 tsp of corn flour, pour over everything in the dish and put in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

i use a similar recipe but with a can of campbells ( now erin) condensed mushroom soup, or you could use chicken soup or even chicken and mushroom soup ! i dont dilute the soup. just mix it with the mayo and curry powder. i dont use any stock. also i poach the chicken (or used left over cooked chicken) and blanch the brocoil. 10 mins head first in a bowl of boiling water.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

If you have home-made stock then make your sauce from it like so:

Melt an ounce of butter (about a woman's finger-width off a one pound block) over a medium heat in a saucepan that will take the full amount of stock. Add an ounce of flour (a tablespoon, roughly), stir together (use a wooden spoon) and cook for two or three minutes, stirring all the time. It'll look like a paste. Pour in your hot stock (I'm assuming about a pint), stirring well as you go. Season well, let bubble slowly and gently for 10 to 15 minutes. Add cheese if so inclined, off the heat, and stir until melted.

Mix chicken and broccoli into the sauce, pour into a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs and more cheese and bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

This is practically the same as the one I use, it means making your own stock and is a little work but is sooo worth it, absoutely devine... I make it often so if you've any questions fire away :)

http://arteculinaria.wordpress.com/2007/02/19/chicken-and-brocolli-gratin/

Ooops missed that you had your stock, you're half way there!

Advertisement