Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irl vs Wales match in Feb?

• 17-01-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of getting tickets for this for myself and the little fella (I'm the clueless mammy:D). It's a bit pricey, even with the schoolboy option - so I'd love to know if it'd be worth my while? Again, it's mainly for him to experience the Aviva, and he'll obviously know some of the players for Irl...I've had a look at the Wales team and don't know any of them (I assume Giggsy is retired?)...

So really my question is will the lad know some or any of the Wales team (he collects Match Attax and knows ALOT about the Premier League now:confused: hasn't learned it from me!) and might it be a good match? Or should I keep the few bob for the Man U trip I'm planning for him, later in the year? Thanks alot.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Wales actually have a decent enough side now, I wouldn't be surprised if they got a result. In descending order of how well known they are...

Gareth Bale - Spurs
    Craig Bellamy - Cardiff
    Aaron Ramsey - Arsenal
    James Collins - Aston Villa
    Wayne Hennessy - Wolves

They have numerous other PL players, but Bale/ Bellamy will most likely be the star attractions.

Its a good game to bring the kid to as Ireland should be favourites, and it should be a decent enough game as far as friendlies go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Aw he'd defo know a few of those! That's great thanks Rory - think I'll get the tickets so:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This fixutre actually caught me by surprise - I thought this tournie with NI, Wales and Scotland was actually in summers where there was no Euros/WC being held.

Looking forward to it anyway.

Is Giggsy involved with Wales at all now? Is there a chance he might be there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Giggs wont be there. Wales will win :)

• Advertisement

Are you Welsh:D

I thought I'd heard Giggsy was involved somewhere in the background for Wales still...? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I doubt it. It'll be us. Wales as a team are collectively rubbish. Some good individuals but they are a shambles as a team. The tournament will be full of rubbish football.

I doubt Bellamy will play either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So John Delaney promised a review of ticket prices to take into account the recession and I get an email offering me tickets for this joke of a game for 35€and 50€.

That's a fiver less than for last year's glamour game against Argentina.

Nothing like €400k a year to keep you out of touch with the common man, eh? :rolleyes:

Fittle, keep your money in your pocket and try to get a ticket for the game against Macedonia in March. Or take junior to some LoI football. :)

Myself and junior were all set to become supporters of Sporting Fingal (following advice from here) as it's 2 minutes up the road from us. But I've had a look at the website, and their home matches are now moving to Dalymount:confused:. We are not impressed...we still haven't nailed our colours to a LOI mast yet, but might hop on a Luas and go to Tallaght for their next home match....

Anyway, I was thinking that about Wales - for him, at his age, it's all about who he'll know on the pitch (if he has them in Match Attax etc - he has about 10 G Bales for some reason!! - can't get a W Rooney to save me life!) so I'm not sure the Macedonia match would do it for him....

Tickets for me and him are 50.50...(when you include 'service charge')...

Fittle wrote: »
    Are you Welsh:D

I thought I'd heard Giggsy was involved somewhere in the background for Wales still...? No?

Yes and i dont think he has signed up for anything yet.

• Advertisement

Myself and junior were all set to become supporters of Sporting Fingal (following advice from here) as it's 2 minutes up the road from us. But I've had a look at the website, and their home matches are now moving to Dalymount:confused:. We are not impressed...we still haven't nailed our colours to a LOI mast yet, but might hop on a Luas and go to Tallaght for their next home match....

Anyway, I was thinking that about Wales - for him, at his age, it's all about who he'll know on the pitch (if he has them in Match Attax etc - he has about 10 G Bales for some reason!! - can't get a W Rooney to save me life!) so I'm not sure the Macedonia match would do it for him....

You will have to go further than Dalymount to get the Luas to Tallaght.;) You and junior will be made welcome at Dalymount for Fingal's games.
    Rovers play in Tallaght.

Le King wrote: »
    I doubt it. It'll be us. Wales as a team are collectively rubbish. Some good individuals but they are a shambles as a team. The tournament will be full of rubbish football.

I doubt Bellamy will play either.

ireland are not much better are they? There isnt much between them on the pitch. Put your money on a Wales win as i cant see the Ireland players being fired up for this.
    Try and be positive for a change, the negativity by Irish fans over the years is ridiculous. The Ireland V Wales game could be the best game of football ever seen at Lansdowne.

You will have to go further than Dalymount to get the Luas to Tallaght.;) You and junior will be made welcome at Dalymount for Fingal's games.
    Rovers play in Tallaght.

:D I know that sorry - I meant we hadn't decided who to support yet in the LOI, and when I discovered Sporting fingal were going to Dalymount, I thought we might get the Luas to Rovers ground instead...! We saw them in the Aviva..he was a big fan of Hooperman:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

and he'll obviously know some of the players for Irl...I've had a look at the Wales team and don't know any of them (I assume Giggsy is retired?)...

He does? I don't, he's really addicted.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I'd take him to the Wales game. That's a very decent price for an international game - €25 each.

dfx- wrote: »
    He does? I don't, he's really addicted.. :D

Match Attax:D He has me poverty stricken:P

Nunu wrote: »
    I'd take him to the Wales game. That's a very decent price for an international game - €25 each.

Yeah, it's 35 for me and 10 for him....I think I'll bring him along....

Advertisement