Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby straining all night

• 17-01-2011 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi, i have a 9 week old boy. he starts straining and pushing immediatly after his 4am bottle and continues all night!! anyone have any idea what it could be? he is on aptimel comfort formula, and is definatly not constipated!! soooo tired from bein up half the night every night with him!!:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

wind after bottle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

sounds like wind - its tough at this age but it'll get easier. When mine was that small i'd put her on a pillow on her tummy for 20 minutes while i stayed awake, it would relieve the wind, she'd fart like a beast, then i'd put her back on her back and she'd be settled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭upinthesky

hi my little lad is nine weeks as well! he used to do this kind of grunting and pushing but i figured it was he wanted to be moved and wasn't comfortable it was his way of communicating
    does he cry as well?when he is pushing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 174

i dont think its wind as he will burp after feeding. we had him at doc today and she says silent reflux, so will be trying zantac with him now. poor little fella spends the days and nights crying. we are taking him to a cranial osteopath too, he has had two sessions, as he was born very fast (labour time 42 mins) and she said there is a lot of pressure in his head as it did not get a chance to mould properly so fingers crossed everything combined will sort him!! Thanks for the replies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭strewthelvis

hi my baby was like this too in the beginning and found out she had reflux, -baby heartburn she was constantly straining at night. GP recommended infant gaviscon and we havent looked back since. Might be worth mentioning it to your gp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement