Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dolan Ares FrameSet

• 17-01-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Been trying to make my mind up for months on what frame i want for the 2011 Season and looking for something decent but if i crash in a race that i wont feel too gutted if something happens too it.

I have a had a great offer for a custom painted one of these €1400.00 delivered.

I just wanted too see if any you guy had experience with these or similar models from Dolan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dolans are well regarded but that's a lot of money for something you wouldn't mind crashing.

By comparison, these are cheap as chips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ribble Gran Fondo (Slightly more sportive based as the name suggests)

Ribble Stealth

Planet X SL Pro Carbon (One of us! One of us!)

There were some pretty hefty discounts on the Nanolight before christmas too, I think the frameset dropped as low as 650 or something, savage price as it's a pretty nifty frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Lumen wrote: »
    Dolans are well regarded but that's a lot of money for something you wouldn't mind crashing.

By comparison, these are cheap as chips.

Thanks Lumen not for me just dont like the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    There were some pretty hefty discounts on the Nanolight before christmas too, I think the frameset dropped as low as 650 or something, savage price as it's a pretty nifty frame.
    Dirk, I was googling around about that nanolight. It seems the was some review in Cycling+ that crucified it. Rated 39th of 40 bikes. However I never found the article. Anyone got positive reviews for the nanolight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Dirk, I was googling around about that nanolight. It seems the was some review in Cycling+ that crucified it. Rated 39th of 40 bikes. However I never found the article. Anyone got positive reviews for the nanolight?

6/10 apparently on reviewing the Dura Ace Specced one. Ouch!

Some randomer off a forum says:
    Wouldn't place that much credence in a C+ group test tbh. Makes me wonder how they choose and 'test' the rigs they do (funny how enigma, Van Nicholas et al seem to do well, would it be the huge amount they spend in the C+ advertising office?). Seems all pretty subjective rather than objective really. I have the SL and yes it shakes it's head but for the dough it is a bargain, so if it is anything like that should be a good buy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Crash.
    I have a Dolan Hercules SE. 2.5years old.
    Comfy and no problems that I have noticed with flexing etc.
    Now it is a compact frameset as opposed to more traditional look on the Ares.
    That said I can't fault Dolan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

I have a hercules frame for racing on during the season and I also have a preffiso frame for the winter with mud gards.You can not go wrong with this frames for there price they are stiff good handling too. I have also rode dolan frame for years before and I cant complain.I have never heard a bad review on his frames either. You can go out and spend five grand on a frame but if dont have the legs you wont win races. The An Post team are riding those ares frame this year. Who u ordering it off? Think i seen them for less than 1400.

Advertisement