Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bar showing the Superbowl?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi
    Sunday Feb 6th Superbowl on - does anyone know of any sports bar or superbowl party on in the city? Few events in Dublin alright but will be in Kilkenny on the Sunday. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Highly doubt it in kk, will prob end up going to dub myself to see the packers win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Super what?! Jaysus!!

I know, But apparently outside of Kilkenny there's other things apart from hurling....crazy or wha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I know, But apparently outside of Kilkenny there's other things apart from hurling....crazy or wha

Myth!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think the BBC will show it again this year so you could have a superbowl party at home?

• Advertisement

Lump wrote: »
    I think the BBC will show it again this year so you could have a superbowl party at home?
    Tis sky sports. BBC aren't even showing the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Is the Super-Bowl not usually played very late? Late as in beyond pub opening hours?

no between 11-11:30 IIRC

BBC Sport will broadcast the Super Bowl live, over the next two years, having signed an exclusive free-to-air deal with the NFL.

Ah, the deal signed in 2007 expired last year. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So, the build up may start in pub opening times, but game doesn't start until Midnight Irish time (6pm in Texas), it is live on the BBC by the way.

BBC report of the Pats/Jets game says the Superbowl will be live on BBC 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The Superbowl is on BBC again this year.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    So, the build up may start in pub opening times, but game doesn't start until Midnight Irish time (6pm in Texas), it is live on the BBC by the way.
    no kick off is around then build up is before. You sure bout that?

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    The Superbowl is on BBC again this year.
    You'd think the gimps would show the whole season. Watching streams is annoying

no kick off is around then build up is before. You sure bout that?

Here says its 4pm (22.00 Kilkenny time) build up, 6pm (Midnight here) kick off. Would it not vary from year to year what time its shown here, depending on where in the US has the game?

Super Bowl Wiki says it kicks off at 5.25pm CST which is 23.25 here.

Yea but the game could be 4-ish hours long ;)

Lump wrote: »
    Yea but the game could be 4-ish hours long ;)

Yeah 'cos there is the arduous chore of the half-time show to get through too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Yeah 'cos there is the arduous chore of the half-time show to get through too.

Not only that but companies Stateside pay Millions of Dollars for ad space during the game. So there will be lots of commercial breaks that drag the game out.

It's a slow game too at the best of times..... good for getting drunk ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think there might be a pub that'll be serving that late, a certain man with a wheelchair would be able to tell you better.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

there is a pub in carlow showing the super bowl. pm me and i can let u know where. it is looking like it might b a good nite, apperantly food and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

BBC aren't showing the playoffs but they are showing the SuperBowl ;)

no doubt to attract a few viewers who would otherwise have no clue what american football is and I estimate that 62% of viewers will have switched off after the half time show ;)

But it's on the beeb though :cool:

watched it there last year and the coverage is pretty good - no add breaks either so great chance to get a bit of punditry in as well

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    BBC aren't showing the playoffs but they are showing the SuperBowl ;)

no doubt to attract a few viewers who would otherwise have no clue what american football is and I estimate that 62% of viewers will have switched off after the half time show ;)

But it's on the beeb though :cool:

watched it there last year and the coverage is pretty good - no add breaks either so great chance to get a bit of punditry in as well

Yeah I quite enjoyed it on the BBC last year, didn't they have the 49's Quarterback? He wasn't a natural in front of the camera but it was a good show anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Yeah I quite enjoyed it on the BBC last year, didn't they have the 49's Quarterback? He wasn't a natural in front of the camera but it was a good show anyway.

they did and all now that I think about it - any idea who's going to be on it this year??

It's being presented from London I know that much, their budget has been massively cut so no one is going out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I think there might be a pub that'll be serving that late, a certain man with a wheelchair would be able to tell you better.
    The end of the world?:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Plug wrote: »
    The end of the world?:D

was when we only got the four in a row ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement