Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Paranormal Investigation

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

This popped up on my facebook and I have to admit,I did smile a little. It's Ireland's ever first ever Gay Ghost Hunt (for gay people I assume,not gay ghosts).
    Red Moon Event Management We are pleased to announce that we will soon be holding the first Ghost Hunt for the gay community here in Ireland. The event will be hosted by author, TV personality and radio host Ray Jorden. An evening of fun & madness is planned with Ray and a psychic drag Queen to keep you entertained through the evening. Details of this exclusive and exciting event will be released soon..!

Thoughts. Who is going on this? How is a gay ghost hunt different to a normal a-sexual ghost hunt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Riamfada wrote: »

Thoughts. Who is going on this? How is a gay ghost hunt different to a normal a-sexual ghost hunt?

The ghosts are more likely to give you the willies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Riamfada wrote: »

A-sexual is to reproduce with one's self, just so you know :) I believe heterosexual is the phrase you were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

GodlessM wrote: »
    A-sexual is to reproduce with one's self, just so you know :) I believe heterosexual is the phrase you were looking for.

Oh thanks sorry, I was going for neutrally sexual.As in not having any sexual orientation associated with it. But I have suspected some people of having a-sexual relations on paranormal investigations/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I'd say it's just a fun event for the gay community. Like a bunch of OAPs congregating for a night of dancing - they come together because they have common ground, e.g. they're all of a similar age range, and feel comfortable being with their fellow ilk.

I imagine it's the same for members of the gay community. They can be open about their sexuality and relax a bit and have a laugh amongst like-minded people.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with 'gay ghost-hunting' being different in its methodology. They probably have it billed as a 'gay ghost hunt' because they want to make it implicitly clear that it's an event for the gay community and hopefully attract more of the same. Good luck to them. Should be gas with all the queens going mental in reaction to a cool breeze, shadows, etc. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The majority of male mediums Ive met have been gay. The profession seems to attract an unusual percentage of them, or perhaps at some point in their development, the straight ones turn. :)

That event sounds like it will be pretty fun. A psychic drag queen.. (Gypsy Rose Liam, maybe?) Id go just for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'm against this. Mostly against the concept of segregation, to be honest. I love the gays, but this is just another way of making them out to be different and requiring seperate events. It's probably not meant that way, but that's the impression I get. Gay people are (I'm only speaking for myself here, but I'd assume for most people) more than welcome at ghost hunts and events, why do they feel the need to have an exclusive one of their own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

This is the company of the tv show i love. Probably just a bit of fun really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It sounds like something you could base a comedy show on...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Urizen wrote: »
    I'm against this. Mostly against the concept of segregation, to be honest. I love the gays, but this is just another way of making them out to be different and requiring seperate events.

Gay people ( as far as I know ) are not requiring seperate events, as far as I know they did not ask for this event to be created, it was created by Redmoon Event Management, and its a great idea.
    Urizen wrote: »
    Gay people are (I'm only speaking for myself here, but I'd assume for most people) more than welcome at ghost hunts and events, why do they feel the need to have an exclusive one of their own?

Gay people do not feel the need to have an event of their own.I know the people running this event personally and ( as far as I know ) none of them are gay. As they are married with kids etc etc.. It is a fun way to get the gay community involved, and to do something that has never officially ( to my knowledge ) been done in Ireland before.

I'll certainly be going ( as a straight woman ) it will be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

As I said, I may well have gotten the wrong idea. It appears to me like an exclusive event, which would be a woeful idea. If it's not, and it's just a more obviously pro gay investigation designed to get them interested without accentuating their differences, grand.

• Advertisement

There are plenty of gay spirits out there , Queer Paranormal.Interestingly enough there is also a Queer Archaeology website being designed. Oooh!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Maybe all spirits are gay and that's why they don't cross over...?
    Has this idea ever been looked at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

maximoose wrote: »
    The ghosts are more likely to give you the willies?

well played sir

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

This is just an example of stereotyping gay people as being a gullible market for exploitation through exclusivity.

Tragic. Truly tragic.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Allisson

This is just an example of stereotyping gay people as being a gullible market for exploitation through exclusivity.

Tragic. Truly tragic.

Thats not the case at all, Major Lovechild, This event has been requested and I think its a great way of bringing every one together, like any event in a safe and enjoyable environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Tragic. Truly tragic.

You could not be ay further off the mark. There is a great deal of support for this event, from the straight and gay community in Ireland.

I think it's about time an event like this was held and who better to do it.

It is a great event to bring people together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    You could not be ay further off the mark. There is a great deal of support for this event, from the straight and gay community in Ireland.

I think it's about time an event like this was held and who better to do it.

It is a great event to bring people together.

Agreed. Just because there is an event for homo-sexual people doesn't mean that the organisers are implying that gay people need such an event to fit in. Fact is gays have their own community alongside regular life, and it's good to have events like this.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Agreed. Just because there is an event for homo-sexual people doesn't mean that the organisers are implying that gay people need such an event to fit in. Fact is gays have their own community alongside regular life, and it's good to have events like this.

Ha ha! Good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Allisson

Oryx wrote: »
    The majority of male mediums Ive met have been gay. The profession seems to attract an unusual percentage of them, or perhaps at some point in their development, the straight ones turn. :)

That event sounds like it will be pretty fun. A psychic drag queen.. (Gypsy Rose Liam, maybe?) Id go just for that.

Oryx there is great excitement around this event and everyone is welcome to go. It is bringing together everyone and our Host is Ray Jorden from Haunted 911. I can see by some of the posts that some people don't agree with it, But I think You will have to experience this event to be able to make a proper judgement on it.

Ha ha! Good one.

Would you look at that! An infraction for making an observation. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Sounds like this Ghost Hunt would put the sh@te up ye alright.

Thats it , im organizing a Straight march. This sexual segregation has to stop. Why cant people learn that we are all the same no matter our orientation.

Why cant people learn that we are all the same no matter our orientation.

We are not really though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MrJay

The gay ghost hunt is aimed at all gay men and women in Ireland, the event is open to straight "gay friendly" people as well, just as nightclubs, some hotels and other events are classed to be gay friendly to the gay community, so really everyone is most welcome.

For instance, if you look at London's Gay Pride event every July, this event started off many years ago as a gay only event, but over time where acceptance has grown the event is now open to Gay Friendly people, which has now become open and enjoyed by many people the world over, Gay and Straight, so to read that the people at Red Moon are implying that gays need this kind of event to fit, is a little horrific to read, gay people do fit in and this is just an added bonus to the gay community.

I am delighted and proud to be hosting this event for my own community, and as a gay celebrity here in the UK, I am so proud to be involved in this, this event has been requested and I truly commend Red Moon Events for taking the lead in events to host this night for their own gay community, which on feed back the gay community of Ireland have embraced with open and welcomed arms.

The evening will be full of enjoyment, fun and paranormal investigation of course, hosting the night with me will a Psychic Drag Queen, which will not only conducting the spiritual communication through the night but also a touch of fun to the event too for everyone to enjoy.

There is no marketing ploy, no segregation just bringing the Irish Gay community together for their own event in a relaxed and safe environment with like minded people.

“Agreed. Just because there is an event for homo-sexual people doesn't mean that the organisers are implying that gay people need such an event to fit in. Fact is gays have their own community alongside regular life, and it's good to have events like this”

I could not agree with the comment above more, there is no marketing ploy, no segregation just bringing the Irish Gay community together for their own event in a relaxed and safe environment with like minded people.

Ray Jorden

Good man Ray. I salute you. Maybe the ghost of Bill Hicks will show up so watch out! ;)

Good man Ray. I salute you. Maybe the ghost of Bill Hicks will show up so watch out! ;)

Thanks for your kind message, I honestly believe that event will appeal to everyone, Gay, Straight or man on the moon.

Thanks for the salute again very kind and please tell me more about Bill Hicks.

You're welcome. :D I look forward to attending.

Bill Hicks, I'm afraid, is no longer with us but please feel free to contact him yourself should you wish to.

Well I look forward to meeting you on the night. Sadly I am neither a Medium or Psychic but know a person who can :D

likewise - look forward to meeting you too. I'm a red moon kinda guy.

• Advertisement

likewise - look forward to meeting you too. I'm a red moon kinda guy.

Are you now? then you will be in for a real treat I am sure as will everyone.:D

Advertisement