Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a solution

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

Hi all

ok here is my story...

I live directly across for a family member.
    I have a wireless connection into my house with a fixed IP that i run VPN into.
    I have a dvr on my network which runs some cctv for me.
    When im in the house across the road i can pick up my wireless from my internal access point but its very weak and drops in and out.

I now want to put a second dvr in the house across the road and create a bridge between two access points to access it.

Im obviously going to need stronger signal. i currently have an enGenius access point in my house..

Im going to need a second access point also.

what would people recommend for this solution?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi all

ok here is my story...

I live directly across for a family member.
    I have a wireless connection into my house with a fixed IP that i run VPN into.
    I have a dvr on my network which runs some cctv for me.
    When im in the house across the road i can pick up my wireless from my internal access point but its very weak and drops in and out.

I now want to put a second dvr in the house across the road and create a bridge between two access points to access it.

Im obviously going to need stronger signal. i currently have an enGenius access point in my house..

Im going to need a second access point also.

what would people recommend for this solution?

Another router in the other house may be stable in connection than a machine with a wireless card. With custom firmware on some routers you can also boost the power output levels. You may also want to check for other networks on the same channel that may be interfering and reducing the range first though.

Advertisement