Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Price Plan

Options
  • 17-01-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Iv been using o2's free texts price plan for over a year now.Every month a day or 2 before its due id get a text saying i need to top up within the next day or 2 or the plan will end..I never received this and i ended up spending a 10er in texts in 2 days... I called over to the shop and outline my problem and they just said its up to the customer to know when to top up. Has anyone had similar problems?:mad::mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You knew that you had to top-up every 30 days to get the offer, yet you didn't?

Isn't this standard across all the providers in Ireland, fair enough O2 may not have sent the reminder or they did and perhaps you deleted it but charges would still eb valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Cabaal wrote: »
    You knew that you had to top-up every 30 days to get the offer, yet you didn't?

Isn't this standard across all the providers in Ireland, fair enough O2 may not have sent the reminder or they did and perhaps you deleted it but charges would still eb valid.

I havnt deleted my inbox in over a month.On the day it expired i got a text from them saying:"hi were really sorry for the problems you had last week with your o2 experience plan.we have refunded your account appologies from o2"..That was the last text i got

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

No mobile provider in the world can guarantee that Text Messages will be delivered. It's possible that they sent it but your phone didn't receive it properly so didn't notify you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nothing they'll do, its up to you to remember when to top up, you can check your last topup online,itd be 30 days after that, simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Fol20 wrote: »
    I called over to the shop and outline my problem and they just said its up to the customer to know when to top up.

Well, calling to the shop won't get you anywhere. The shops are for retail sales, and nothing more. They cannot help you with customer support issues.

The reminder texts are a courtesy, but not guaranteed (because text messages can sometimes fail to get through). It's up to the customer to know the top-up schedule they need to stick to, and you can check the date you need to top up by online anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Iv learned my lesson now and will make sure next month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Maybe a recurring alarm on your phone's calendar?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Maybe you got caught out in this service issue, maybe you are not due to top up for an other while.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056147624

Though the store staff should have told you about it.

Advertisement