Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gatso vans - Meath

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Looks more like lights being reflected, a flash from a Gatso (x2) would be much brighter than that, camera vans don't flash, they use infra red.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mycro 89

bladespin wrote: »
    Looks more like lights being reflected, a flash from a Gatso (x2) would be much brighter than that, camera vans don't flash, they use infra red.

So no penalty points in this case??

Mycro 89 wrote: »
    So no penalty points in this case??

Depends how fast he went past, with the van there's no way of telling until the fine and points land in the post box (other than not speeding past one that is).

Depends how fast he went past, with the van there's no way of telling until the fine and points land in the post box (other than not speeding past one that is).

Thanks for that, I thought that the flash in the video was the flash that offending motorist would experience when exceeding the speed limit.

Unfortunately I have the points to prove this :(

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I have the points to prove this :(

Sorry Bladespin, but do you have the points for the flash (x2) or just from a flash similar to that in the video?

Mycro 89 wrote: »
    Sorry Bladespin, but do you have the points for the flash (x2) or just from a flash similar to that in the video?

No flash, those cameras don't need a flash to get you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wnut3

Got caught by the red van (with limited/ no markings) at Kilsale in Trim.

wnut3 wrote: »
    Got caught by the red van (with limited/ no markings) at Kilsale in Trim.

Was there a flash?? Was it day or night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wnut3

no flash, pitch black at night 10.02pm I think it said on the fine, and we were moving out here that night, so not familiar with the roads/speeds etc. my husband was behind me in the van, i was directly in front of him (obviously going slightly fast than him) and the VAN got the fine, not the car??? not complaining.....i was waiting on two fines/points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Fiskar wrote: »
    Thought these Gatso vans were to be in white livery with all the appropriate markings?

Spotted a Red Transit van (10 KY ...) parked on the Navan side of Dunshaughlin last week with a rear shroud sticking up. Same type vehicle was parked up on the Clonnee bypass before the M3 section last week and today (9am).

Seems to be very easy now to get caught going to Navan as if it wasn't expensive enough with fuel.

Anyone else spot this vehicle on the Navan to Dublin route via M2 / M3?

What's the position with that 50km zone on the old N3 /R147? Gatso van parked there (red van) on the 4th and all of us passed through at 75 km, me being the last car

There are survey vans (no markings) apparently, they're not catching people just carrying out a feasability study on whether it's worth putting a van there in future, there was a red one on the Navan/Trim road a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

The private vans are marked. The ones run by the Gardai are not.

MagicSean wrote: »
    The private vans are marked. The ones run by the Gardai are not.

Some are, some are not, there are unmarked private survey vans too, same as there are marked Garda units too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Some are, some are not, there are unmarked private survey vans too, same as there are marked Garda units too.

The Gardai actually stick the stickers on the van when it arrives at the side of the road if they want the van to be noticed. Seen them doing it on the N4 a while back.

Not wrote: »
    The Gardai actually stick the stickers on the van when it arrives at the side of the road if they want the van to be noticed. Seen them doing it on the N4 a while back.

Seen a few in Cork, Garda logo on the back window - on the other side the camera was easy to spot too.

Advertisement