Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darren Bent hands in transfer request

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

So long as he doesn't do it at Villa then it's all good.

MON took Villa to 6th, then spent the guts of £100m on transfer fees to take Villa... to 6th. Shame he didn't buy Bent when he was available at Spurs, Villa have been crying out for a poacher for years.

My apologies if i came across as 'ribbing' you in some posts, ive been hanging around friends who are villa fans for too long ;)

Did lerner say the milner money was available to him?. You have to be more realistic though, lerner probably thought he would have to go into too much money to make the leap to the cl. MON and villa gave it a good shot, even spurs with their great overall squad had to scrape past city to get into the cl in that head to head at eastlands, 6th was as good as the squad was imho, anything else would have been heroic. Villa had been going very well but i honestly do believe when you are stuck playing europa in july your season in the league gets messed up, as has been the case with villa, the squad got tired in march 2 seaons on the trot when going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

£18 million? That's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

daithijjj wrote: »
    lol, you do realise your current boss spunked 11mil on heskey, 10 mil on diouf and then 14m on cisse!!!

Has MON taken over at west ham?, i think he would rather take over at somewhere like forest than them, remains to be seen.

Oneill made some mistakes, curtis davies (facepalm), he couldnt wait to get oneill out the door, where has he been? found his level in the championship imo.

No. It's been reported by the BBC that he has ruled himself out.

I'd imagine you'd take 6th now though? I don't get it, he takes you to the brink of challenging for 4th place - finishing almost level with Everton in 5th and ahead of Spurs and Man City who had far more money spent two years ago and yet you lot see him as failure? And then last season finishing just 6 points outside the CL spot? Baffles me.

He wasnt a failure. I certainly don't believe so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

orourkeda wrote: »
    He wasnt a failure. I certainly don't believe so.

Well maybe not failure, but why is he looked on with disdain by Villa fans? What were they expecting? Titles?

No. It's been reported by the BBC that he has ruled himself out.

Thanks, i knew that, it was just a playful dig at him saying MON would enjoy himself there, i never for one second thought he would take that on, not with those owners. Funnily enough, on 5live on saturday they took a call from a hammers fan and he said MON was not the right guy for west ham. All these teams want great attacking football and have very little thought for the consequences. There is some irony in the fact their player of the season the last 2 years has been scott parker, a dog of war in midfield, if they had more dogs of war like parker they wouldnt be in a perilous position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

My apologies if i came across as 'ribbing' you in some posts, ive been hanging around friends who are villa fans for too long ;).

No worries
    Did lerner say the milner money was available to him?. You have to be more realistic though, lerner probably thought he would have to go into too much money to make the leap to the cl. MON and villa gave it a good shot, even spurs with their great overall squad had to scrape past city to get into the cl in that head to head at eastlands, 6th was as good as the squad was imho, anything else would have been heroic. Villa had been going very well but i honestly do believe when you are stuck playing europa in july your season in the league gets messed up, as has been the case with villa, the squad got tired in march 2 seaons on the trot when going well.

I think Villa gave as good as they could in the battle for 4th over the last few seasons. I think it was 08-09 which was our best chance, but poor signings - Heskey, Davies, Shorey, Sidwell - and terrible injuries - Laursen, Bouma - put paid to our hopes. We were never in it last season. It's the manner in which our season collapsed in both years with dramatic loss of form and long runs of terrible results in Feb/March which brought about exasperation with O'Neill i feel.
    I'd imagine you'd take 6th now though? I don't get it, he takes you to the brink of challenging for 4th place - finishing almost level with Everton in 5th and ahead of Spurs and Man City who had far more money spent two years ago and yet you lot see him as failure? And then last season finishing just 6 points outside the CL spot? Baffles me.

I'm going ot now but yes i wish Villa were in 6th now, and no i don't describe MON as a failure, at least not a total failure. i was content enough for O'Neill to stay on this season even with the huge waste of money many of his signings were and his one dimensional style of play. He didn't however and left Villa in the shiit, which goes a long way, along with the crippling injury list over the past few months, to explaining how poorly Villa have been doing over the past while.

Bent + Makoun plus a couple more in this window means we (I) can stop wondering about what could have been with MON. Onwards and upwards.

Well maybe not failure, but why is he looked on with disdain by Villa fans? What were they expecting? Titles?

I have no idea. It appears that expectation levels were/are unrealistic. Some of them are blaming Martin O'Neill for the current run of results although he hasn't been there for 5 months.

I think Villa gave as good as they could in the battle for 4th over the last few seasons. I think it was 08-09 which was our best chance, but poor signings - Heskey, Davies, Shorey, Sidwell - and terrible injuries - Laursen, Bouma - put paid to our hopes. We were never in it last season. It's the manner in which our season collapsed in both years with dramatic loss of form and long runs of terrible results in Feb/March which brought about exasperation with O'Neill i feel.

We were right in it until the second last game of the season. The away game to Manchester City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We were right in it until the second last game of the season. The away game to Manchester City.
    This is true.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    This is true.

Even in that game we were right in it until the end. We could quite easily have come out of that game with a positive result. It didnt happen but at least we made a run at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭event

judas101 wrote: »
    crazy money being talked about.

Think of the quality thats available for 18m!

name some of the proven premier league quality thats available for £18m
    £24m for Darren Bent .
    Mindboggling absolutely mindboggling.
    Football has truly gone mad.
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    £18 million? That's funny.

why?

keane went for £19m at 2 years older
    berbatov went for £30m at 1 year older.

both had an inferir goal scoring record. in fact most players have an inferiois record to Bent
    kryogen wrote: »
    His attitude is questionable to me

why?

Even in that game we were right in it until the end. We could quite easily have come out of that game with a positive result. It didnt happen but at least we made a run at it

You had a good run in the cups aswel, one final one semi, if you get that peno against united it could have been so different for MON and villa........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

event wrote: »

why?

I am not a fan of players who hand in transfer requests, much less someone who does it twice in a couple of years, Bruce and Sunderland were good to Bent, took him on when he was wallowing on the subs bench at Spurs and when his confidence was rock bottom, they made him the focal point of their attack, he regained his confidence and he earned himself an England recall, should have been at the WC in fairness to him....

Then because he gets offered an extra few grand a week (which he should know nothing about) he slaps in a transfer request? the same guy who was kissing the badge and talking of his love for the club last season? Villa are an undoubtably bigger club then Sunderland, but Sunderland are going in the right direction and there is no reason to think he can achieve more in footballing terms at Villa then at Sunderland

I know as Im a united fan you can say, what about Rooney, but we are not talking about Rooney here, you asked why I think his attitude is questionable, thats why

You had a good run in the cups aswel, one final one semi, if you get that peno against united it could have been so different for MON and villa........

They got the peno but should have been a red card. No use crying over spilt milk I suppose.

Thought Spurs and Man City had the upper hand right throughout the season, They had better squads and played better football over the 38 games, this showed in our results against them, meant i didn' think Villa would have a realistic chance of finishing above either. O'Neills Villa had fight and could get a result anywhere but as witnessed at COMS, and at Stamford Bridge & Wembley, his Villa teams predictably wilted at the crucial moments.

Nonetheless it was still a good season and i taught even minus Milner there was plenty to build upon, but clearly O'Neill felt he had done all he could at Villa.

If/when signed hopefully Bent will be more Dion Dublin then JPA and will hit the ground running. It's hard to believe Villa are poised to spend £19m - £24m on one player.

They got the peno but should have been a red card. No use crying over spilt milk I suppose.

My bad, memeory of it is hazy but i do remember thinking you were on the bad end of a decision that could have changed things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

when you start to sell your good players every summer where are you going to go?

the players sold made it quite clear they wanted out of the club and our chairman has said many times he doesnt want anyone who doesnt want to be there

Ive heard it all before from villa fans, blah blah blah. O'neill walked out when Lerner decided to sell milner, i dont blame him but clearly o'neill had more ambition than that.

milner wanted to leave :confused:

mon sanctioned the move anyway, and it was mon who wanted ireland as part of the deal

• Advertisement

its the future of the club

mon had a completely unsustainable model that involved buying high, putting on astronomical wages, then not playing, and being unable to sell. it's mon's doing the club is where it is now, but it was always going to be like that the season after he left, we were always going to need a massive rebuild. look at the players in the squad were likely to sell/release purely because they're not good enough/too old:

friedel (cost £2.5m, £45k pw wages)
    collins (cost £5.5m, £50k pw wages)
    warnock (cost £8m, £50k pw wages)
    beye (cost £3m, £45k pw wages)
    davies (cost £10m, £30k pw wages)
    reo coker (cost £8.5m, £30k pw wages)
    petrov (cost £7.5m, £65k pw wages)
    john carew (cost nothing, £55k pw wages)
    emile heskey (cost £3.5m, £55k pw wages)

then some of the players we've bought and sold under him included:

sidwell (cost £5.5m, £55k pw wages, recouped nothing)
    nicky shorey (cost £5m, £45k pw wages, recouped £1m)
    zat knight (cost £4.5m, £35k pw wages, recouped £3.5m)
    marlon harewood (cost £4.5m, £35k pw wages, recouped nothing)
    wayne routledge (cost £1.25m, £25k pw wages, recouped £600k)
    shaun maloney (cost £1m, £30k pw wages, recouped nothing)

then of course, we sold gary cahill for £5m and replaced him with zat knight - super business that one

martin o'neill looks like a good manager from the outside, when he's not the manager of your club. but once you actually look at what the guy is doing, it's no wonder that celtic and leicester took years to recover financially from him being in charge. he's a manager with a glass ceiling and no long term plan - its all about the short term, then he jumps out before it all goes tits up, and as the team (his team, his overpaid team) declines everyone says "oh that'll be cos o'neill left then"

no, it's not coz o'neill left, it's coz o'neill knew that he had an unsustainable model and he got out before it all went to crap

whoever followed him was going to have this, im just happy he went when he did, and not after he was allowed to waste more of our money

look at the kids who have come through in his absence. yes our hand was forced for most of them, but not all. bannan was told he could leave by mon, now he looks a real prospect. albrighton wouldnt have come through in the way he has either, nor clark. and hogg certainly wouldve been off

then theres the fact that we had ONE overseas scout employed by the club during o'neill's time. one. a scout. for the whole of the world that didnt include the uk. thats pathetic

huge work needed to be done on villa since mon left, simply to repair what he'd done, or fix what he hadnt

if you buy into the myth then fair enough, but youre missing out on the bigger picture. yes mon got us 6th 3 years in a row, but it was unsustainable and he knew it

Helix wrote: »
    milner wanted to leave :confused:

mon sanctioned the move anyway, and it was mon who wanted ireland as part of the deal

This is true, but i think we need to look at when mon left for clues as to why he left. The point wasnt really that these players were sold but the expectations of fans after big players leave 2 summers on the trot. Big performers for your team.

IMO, and its just my opinion, lerner thought he could just soldier on and the club would be fine even if it dropped a few places in the league. I think he underestimated the situation because its clear there was disagreement in how any money coming in would be spent. I cant see why mon would leave if he was given the milner money. Listen, i think things moved quickly over a short period with mon and lerner and there was a clear shift in how both men saw things. He may well have wanted ireland as part of the deal, (if there was no other option to him), i recall he wanted finnan as part of any barry deal to liverpool, which didnt happen initially in the negotiations for that deal. MON and the owner clearly had different views, why not get a striker in the summer if there was that money available?. I think bent if he signs would not necessarily happen if you were not in the position you are in now.

This is true, but i think we need to look at when mon left for clues as to why he left. The point wasnt really that these players were sold but the expectations of fans after big players leave 2 summers on the trot. Big performers for your team.

IMO, and its just my opinion, lerner thought he could just soldier on and the club would be fine even if it dropped a few places in the league. I think he underestimated the situation because its clear there was disagreement in how any money coming in would be spent. I cant see why mon would leave if he was given the milner money. Listen, i think things moved quickly over a short period with mon and lerner and there was a clear shift in how both men saw things. He may well have wanted ireland as part of the deal, (if there was no other option to him), i recall he wanted finnan as part of any barry deal to liverpool, which didnt happen initially in the negotiations for that deal. MON and the owner clearly had different views, why not get a striker in the summer if there was that money available?. I think bent if he signs would not necessarily happen if you were not in the position you are in now.

mon wasnt being given money coz he couldnt be trusted with it. mon was asked to get the players he wasnt using (and christ there were a lot of them, all on huge wages) off the wage bill before he'd be allowed to spend any more money. mon refused and walked

there was always money to be spent for houllier, the league position we were in didnt come into it. he didnt have a chance to buy in summer, so january was always going to be busy for us whether we were 17th, 7th, or 2nd

I love that post #121

mon had a completely unsustainable model that involved buying high, putting on astronomical wages, then not playing, and being unable to sell. it's mon's doing the club is where it is now, but it was always going to be like that the season after we left, we were always going to need a massive rebuild. look at the players in the squad were likely to sell/release purely because they're not good enough/too old:

then of course, we sold gary cahill for £5m and replaced him with zat knight - super business that one

martin o'neill looks like a good manager from the outside, when he's not the manager of your club. but once you actually look at what the guy is doing, it's no wonder that celtic and leicester took years to recover financially from him being in charge. he's a manager with a glass ceiling and no long term plan - its all about the short term, then he jumps out before it all goes tits up, and as the team (his team, his overpaid team) declines everyone says "oh that'll be cos o'neill left then"

no, it's not coz o'neill left, it's coz o'neill knew that he had an unsustainable model and he got out before it all went to crap

whoever followed him was going to have this, im just happy he went when he did, and not after he was allowed to waste more of our money

look at the kids who have come through in his absence. yes our hand was forced for most of them, but not all. bannan was told he could leave by mon, now he looks a real prospect. albrighton wouldnt have come through in the way he has either, nor clark. and hogg certainly wouldve been off

then theres the fact that we had ONE overseas scout employed by the club during o'neill's time. one. a scout. for the whole of the world that didnt include the uk. thats pathetic

huge work needed to be done on villa since mon left, simply to repair what he'd done, or fix what he hadnt

if you buy into the myth then fair enough, but youre missing out on the bigger picture. yes mon got us 6th 3 years in a row, but it was unsustainable and he knew it

O'neill doesnt sign the cheques, if you reckon it was an unsustainable model then that is up to your owner, not o'neill.

Leicester city won 2 cups and played in europe, you do the man a disservice with this rubbish imo. And its also complete balderdash that it was his spending that messed them up. They moved to a new stadium 2 years after he left ffs? and what about the itv digital money that was lost?. Horse****e it was MONS doing.

O'neill doesnt sign the cheques, if you reckon it was an unsustainable model then that is up to your owner, not o'neill.

o'neills remit for taking the job was that he got complete control, when the owner said enough is enough and took some of that control off him, o'neill walked
    Leicester city won 2 cups and played in europe, you do the man a disservice with this rubbish imo. And its also complete balderdash that it was his spending that messed them up. They moved to a new stadium 2 years after he left ffs? and what about the itv digital money that was lost?. Horse****e it was MONS doing.

look at the players left at leicester when mon walked, and the money they were on. just like the players left at celtic when mon walked, and the money they were on

he overspent everywhere, and was known for giving ridiculous contracts to players (bobo balde 5 year deal on £35k at celtic being a fine example)

• Advertisement

o'neills remit for taking the job was that he got complete control, when the owner said enough is enough and took some of that control off him, o'neill walked

look at the players left at leicester when mon walked, and the money they were on. just like the players left at celtic when mon walked, and the money they were on

he overspent everywhere, and was known for giving ridiculous contracts to players (bobo balde 5 year deal on £35k at celtic being a fine example)

Lots of managers wont work under the control you speak about, redknapp would leave in the morning if he didnt have full control.

Why do you say he overspent? he cant overspend if the owners dont authorise it. So why did they authorise it?, il tell you why, he mostly got it right at leicester and celtic. And why are you cribbing about 35k p/w?, celtics stadium is bigger than your stadium by a long way, the revenues would justify the money being paid. Bobo balde isnt my cup of tea as a player but he was plenty good enough for scottish football, he was celtic player of the year i think at one time for gods sake. He took celtic to the uefa final against mourinhos porto, he beat barcelona, what else can he accomplish?, he isnt the second coming of christ.

Lots of managers wont work under the control you speak about, redknapp would leave in the morning if he didnt have full control.

Why do you say he overspent? he cant overspend if the owners dont authorise it. So why did they authorise it?, il tell you why, he mostly got it right at leicester and celtic. And why are you cribbing about 35k p/w?, celtics stadium is bigger than your stadium by a long way, the revenues would justify the money being paid. Bobo balde isnt my cup of tea as a player but he was plenty good enough for scottish football, he was celtic player of the year i think at one time for gods sake. He took celtic to the uefa final against mourinhos porto, he beat barcelona, what else can he accomplish?, he isnt the second coming of christ.

redknapp doesnt have full control at spurs. mon did everything from transfer fees to contract negotiations

£35k is a LOT of money in scotland, especially for a player of bobo balde's quality, and it was money they couldnt afford

steve mcclaren took boro to a uefa final too, and woy took fulham

as to how he overspent, perhaps its better to say he wasted money, is that better for you? at villa it was buying players and never using them, or falling out with them

You sum up O'Neill and his methods perfectly, he'll spend big money on mediocre players to achieve okish results. That's fine in a 2 horse town like the SPL, but in the PL it'll only take you so far.

redknapp doesnt have full control at spurs. mon did everything from transfer fees to contract negotiations

£35k is a LOT of money in scotland, especially for a player of bobo balde's quality, and it was money they couldnt afford

steve mcclaren took boro to a uefa final too, and woy took fulham

as to how he overspent, perhaps its better to say he wasted money, is that better for you? at villa it was buying players and never using them, or falling out with them

Read the first line of this article, wenger has full control also.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/3263388/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-says-Harry-Redknapp-is-a-fighter-who-can-avoid-the-drop-Football.html

Show me a manager who hasnt wasted money and il show you a trustworthy politician, they dont exist.

35k a week isnt alot for a club with 60k capacity. Yes, those managers did take their clubs to a uefa final but they didny go on to play above themselves in the cl though did they?

Show me a manager who hasnt wasted money and il show you a trustworthy politician, they dont exist.

show me a manager who wasted as much money on players they didnt use as martin o'neill?

• Advertisement

question daithijjj, how good a manager do you think martin o'neill is? who is he as good as?

show me a manager who wasted as much money on players they didnt use as martin o'neill?

With respect, this is very off topic for the thread now so il leave it here.

Oneill has his positives and negatives, yes, he spent poorly on some players (look at your current boss, ive got plenty to say about him being a liverpool fan on spending plenty of wasted money) , hes also very likely to have left a few players who would recoup plenty of that, ie milner and young (if he leaves).

Earlier in this thread i pointed out the 35 mil squandered by houllier on 3 strikers, he left us with a very old squad that nothing could be recouped on. Your club is about to throw 20 mil at darren bent who even capello doesnt think offers more than heskey.

If i stayed here long enough going off topic you would probably try to convince me he overspent at wycombe. The truth is, he brought relative sucess to wycombe, leicester, celtic and as much as was realatively possible with villa, you may think differently, fair enough. If oneill is a poor manager then there is alot of sh1t out there to compare him to that he is better than. We should probably get back closer to the thread topic in fairness.

Your club is about to throw 20 mil at darren bent who even capello doesnt think offers more than heskey

heskey and bent are different players. who gives a toss what bent does in international football anyway, villa are a club side. the fact that he's got 89 goals to drogbas 90 in the premiership in the last 5 years says all that needs to be said for a 26 year old

heskey and bent are different players. who gives a toss what bent does in international football anyway, villa are a club side. the fact that he's got 89 goals to drogbas 90 in the premiership in the last 5 years says all that needs to be said for a 26 year old

Well i hope you get lots of penalties for him to take ;)

how many of the 89 do you reckon were pens exactly?

how many of the 89 do you reckon were pens exactly?

15?

mon had a completely unsustainable model that involved buying high, putting on astronomical wages, then not playing, and being unable to sell. it's mon's doing the club is where it is now, but it was always going to be like that the season after he left, we were always going to need a massive rebuild. look at the players in the squad were likely to sell/release purely because they're not good enough/too old:

To say that Martin O'Neill ruined Leicester City financially is factually inaccurate. Who really overspent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

How many of those penalties did Bent win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

According to the BBC, Bent has 81 league goals since 2005. That's bettered only by Rooney and Drogba. Now, considering the teams they are playing in, and that he's played at Charlton, a Spurs side who were performing poorly and now Sunderland, I think that stat alone proves he's a decent striker.

He's scored 81 goals in 186 PL games. That's nearly a 1 in 2 ratio and some of those games may have been as a sub. That's a very good ratio to me.

I'm not sure he's worth 18 million pounds but then I'd pay 18 million for him before I'd pay it for Glen Johnson or some of the other numptys that large fees have been paid for.

At least Bent is proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Lemlin wrote: »
    According to the BBC, Bent has 81 league goals since 2005. That's bettered only by Rooney and Drogba. Now, considering the teams they are playing in, and that he's played at Charlton, a Spurs side who were performing poorly and now Sunderland, I think that stat alone proves he's a decent striker.

He's scored 81 goals in 186 PL games. That's nearly a 1 in 2 ratio and some of those games may have been as a sub. That's a very good ratio to me.

I'm not sure he's worth 18 million pounds but then I'd pay 18 million for him before I'd pay it for Glen Johnson or some of the other numptys that large fees have been paid for.

At least Bent is proven.

So then why the move to villa? he's proved he can do it!!! so why move from a club in 6th place to another poorly preforming side like villa, who aside from liverpool have been the biggest let down this season!!!

He should have held out for a decent club

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I have to say Daithijjj your opinion of MON is quite funny when you compare it to your stance on Rafa. On one hand in the Liverpool thread you constantly bash Rafa for spending lots of money on crap players and giving them massive contracts yet here you are placing the blame on the Villa owner for givng MON all that money to waste on crap players with high contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

racso1975 wrote: »
    So then why the move to villa? he's proved he can do it!!! so why move from a club in 6th place to another poorly preforming side like villa, who aside from liverpool have been the biggest let down this season!!!

Villa have been one of the top 5 performing clubs in the PL over the last 20 years and have finished 6th for the last 3 years. We are having one bad season and are showing that we are putting in the investment to rectify that and try to push back into a top 6 position next year.

Sunderland are a good team and do seem to be improving every year but to say it's a step down to join Villa after (or more correctly during) one poor season is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Villa are a decent club. Having a poor season right now but it's similar to what Spurs went through when they switched from Ramos to Redknapp.

Villa have the benefits of being cash positive and are also developing the stadium. This transfer window is kind of proving to most Villa fans that there was indeed a 5year plan in place.
    I'll be looking forward to next season when Villa have a proper pre-season along with this season worth of new fitness training. Double fit with a proper passing game. Should be good to watch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I love when a club that is doing bad gets critizied they talk about the fantactic history they have!!!!

Thats what it is history and it aint gonna get ya out of being in a brutal situation!!!!!

However if you say the club has a 5 year plan and this is part of it then happy days hopes it works out for you and there is a lot of investment coming down to the manager all the better.

But houllier would seriously want to start producing results.

Back on topic. Still think it's a bad move for bent but hopefully i'm wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

well according to rumour, Chelsea are looking to hijack Villa's move for Bent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

caughtoffside is the internets equivalent of tabloid trash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I love when a club that is doing bad gets critizied they talk about the fantactic history they have!!!!

Thats what it is history and it aint gonna get ya out of being in a brutal situation!!!!!

However if you say the club has a 5 year plan and this is part of it then happy days hopes it works out for you and there is a lot of investment coming down to the manager all the better.

But houllier would seriously want to start producing results.

Back on topic. Still think it's a bad move for bent but hopefully i'm wrong

A lot of people have been defending GH saying that he needed a transfer window or two to get the team in order. If he doesn't start winning games now then I don't see him being around VP for much longer.

Back on topic, Chelsea would want to pull the finger out then cause the ITK's at Villa are saying that it's practically done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Villa are a decent club. They've a good young side with plenty of good players like Albrighton also coming through the ranks. I think Houllier is a brutal manager tbh but Villa are still a bigger club than Sunderland.

I think 90% of people would class Villa as a step up from Sunderland, maybe not much of a step up but a step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Doodee wrote: »

Back on topic, Chelsea would want to pull the finger out then cause the ITK's at Villa are saying that it's practically done.

Chelsea? No thanks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7836585.stm

• Advertisement

History won't save Villa but buying a new striker will, yet you still think it's a bad move?:confused:

Advertisement