Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLOTHES LINE

• 17-01-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Need to purchase a new line and somebody suggested to me about getting an old tyre, filling with concrete and putting line into it. At least it would be sturdy and I can move rount garden depending on position of sun. Has anyone done this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Where you going to put a pole of some sort in the very very heavy concrete tyre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

yes i had thought of the wheel too, but i am thinking of going to local welders workshop with a design for a base, something i can move around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

if you are going to go to the bother of finding and filling old wheels, why not just do it right and dig a hole . Stick a bigger bit of pipe in, and fill the hole with concrete.

Let the grass grow around it. job done. No mess no fuss . No minging truck tire in your garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bosco1975

A metal or iron parasol base works great and can easily be moved around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

we done it with the tyre. used an ordinary car tyre and sat it on a bit of plywood to stop concrete running out and when dry it pulled it off.use a steel pipe that is slightly bigger than the clothes line pole and concrete it in. ours has never blown over but it is a desperate weight to move about the place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement