Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 discostews

I would like a tasty i-Hoover app.

I envisage an app where i can leave my phone down, and it promptly grows wheels, and finds its way around my house hoovering and collecting dirt. (this may take some programming skill). Upon the receipt of a phone call my wonderful app will promptly drive back to me and perhaps jump into my hand.

I presume the hdc desire can provide such service?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 conor_byrne

My app controls absolutly everything in my home. When im on the couch it will control the tv and dvd.

When Im coming home from work, I can turn on the heating, or get the oven preheating.

The options could be endless

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

I-Win
    My ideal app would be one to help me win this phone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

iCoffee app - a shot of espresso direct every morning to jolt start your day.

I'm not quite sure where all the pressurised hot water to make the espresso will come from, but I'll leave that minor detail up to the app developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

An app which would interface with my electricity meter (of course yea would need some hardware) to tell me how much power I'm using at anytime, with historical information etc so I can see when I use less power and the impact of changing my routine of power usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭E0inz

I guess my dream app would be one that lets me control things remotely. e.g. tv, radio, those huge screens in dundrum :o lots o' fun to be had :p

Probably call it life hack or something equally cheesy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Would love an i-Android, basically an app that allows you to install an android operating system on the ipod!Best of both worlds then!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

I would love an app that will actually wake me up as alarms don't work for me. It could also have my breakfast and clothes laid out for me as a paid extra maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

I would love an app that will actually wake me up as alarms don't work for me. It could also have my breakfast and clothes laid out for me as a paid extra maybe :p

Wife/Maid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Arrr, I'd like an application that treated my like the captain o' my own pirate ships while Me plundard the seas Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

(As a complete aside I used the QRCode to download the Android application and it cannot be found in the Market. I'm using a SE Xperia Mini, 2.1-update-1, I think this might be a known Android issue)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

I-Simple... it simply makes life a little easier... isn't that what technology is supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

hiya, I'd kill for an app that gives you the trick to eating all the chocolate in the world and never getting fat!!! Great prize, would love to win, thanks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Very simple- an app that'd somehow make sure I go running/to the gym when I say I will or plan to go. I don't know exactly now it'd work-maybe beep and keep getting louder until I got off the couch.

Or entered a mode that each funtion on the phone would start to shut down (e-mail, internet etc) and not work again until I was exercising. That was I'd be sure to exercise!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

An Augmented Reality app. Basically someone goes to take a picture of you with their smartphone, it would then place an image over your face... say Mr Burns. It would know what picture to choose as it'd see your phone over bluetooth and get the image you want displayed, also it's use the capturing phone's face recognition to place the image on the face right. The picture would be taken with this new added on face and then wham uploaded to facebook.

Oh yeah... good for a laugh anyways. Perhaps call it 'AnyFace'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

I'd like to see some better application of augmented reality.

There have been some pretty good apps so far, Google Goggles can reliably identify most things you point it at and Layar can overlay information, pictures and other stuff on a live video feed from your camera, using gps to locate the data on screen.

But what I'd really like to see is an app along the lines of the phone app from the anime Eden of the East.

It would use the camera to broadcast a live feed to a website (Like Justin.tv) but each screen could be analyzed, known items identified, and users could upload comments on various things within the image, organized chronologically or by popularity of the comment. Each user would also have a profile and an IM account, for further discussion of things in the images.

All this information overlay would get sent back to the phone, location would be stored and the comments would be related to the particular entity in the picture.

This way, anyone else in the area would come upon a wealth of information on buildings, businesses, etc, while any comments on the people currently in the area would disappear if those people leave.

Obviously we're gonna need to upgrade at least to an LTE network before the bandwidth becomes available :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

My App would be i-Reland. This is an app where the users get to decide whats gonna happen with our great country and take it out of the hands of those who cant run a government. Within the app would be iVote, Mi-Hse and i-is accountable. Just give me the phone now you know you want to. Go on, Go on, Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

An I-win!:D

A top secret app that lets you get ahead in the game to win prizes in competitions like this! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

"i-friend"

(c) & patent pending

An app which enables you to connect in a bluetooth/wifi environment to someone in a crowded bar to see whether they like you or not.

You point your phone at the people you like in the bar, & if a good number in the bar have the same app, all can quickly see what their chances are, otherwise its time to drink up & move on !

If someone likes you, you get a :) from them, otherwise I'm afraid its a :(

Both time saving & face saving - brilliant !

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭privateBeavis

iCash, heaven forbid I don't win this competition iCash will print me some cash so I can go buy the HTC Desire HD myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

The iFreeze. An App that lets the holder off the phone freeze time. Basically everything stops, and you are left to do as you please! I'm thinking 3 day long lunchbreaks and a few extra hours to stay in bed every morning or "dissapearing" from a sticky situation! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

I would love an app that helps you submit your actual meter reading to ESB Customer Supply – giving you greater control over your bills and making estimated bills a thing of the past..... oh wait!

Now I just need a device to run it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 packiec50

An App, that allows you to connect to a a companies phone line, knows the sequence of numbers you have to go through to get talking to someone, and will jump you to the top of the queue of people on Hold.

Because I may be important to them but I need to get off this phone soon :mad:
    I cannot stand being on hold anymore
    (note: I am not on hold by esb)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

Bringing you the i-Eye-Captain App.. Everybody loves Captain Morgans, and I'm no different. So hows about a wee app that keeps your(my) glass topped up with a fresh supply of Captains and coke, quite simple really, but very very effective!!

WARNING: Always drink sensibly or you may find yourself with a teeny weeny alcohol problem after using this app!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

My ideal app would be an ibank*.. so you could withdraw as much as you like

*imaginary bank ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ryaner012

my ideal app would be i-decide app which would make my decisions for me or it could just be called wif-e

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Seriously wants !!!
    Andriod / iPhone app for online banking (Permanent TSB / RaboBank)
    Google PowerMeter App so I can monitor my Electricity usage from my CurrentCost meter

Not so Serious

iWon - the app that tells you you've won even if you haven't
    KeepHerLit - Sponcered by Hector !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Frank.Dublin

an app that would translate my six months old's gurgles in plain english...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

My dream app would be an iTime app, freeze, fastforward or rewind time..
    Sitting in work at 4.30pm watching the clock? Click on this app to zap time to 5pm and get out of there!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

An app that lets you cast your vote in elections without having to go to the polling stations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

iCash, heaven forbid I don't win this competition iCash will print me some cash so I can go buy the HTC Desire HD myself :D

That's what i was gonna say lol :p

I think i need an iBudget app...

Advertisement