Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

i-securitae....an app that tells you if someone is in or around your house and lets you remotely turn on lights etc. to scare off the thieving fiend!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

oh....oh....i-workout, like sims only you start off fat and out of shape so you spend hours each day getting fit (virtually) and when you are not-fat enough you get the key to the door and then you can leave your virtual prison to get more-fat in a virtual world........all from the comfort of your desk, like living only without the living...:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A WORKING app that allows full control of your PC. Most apps are dodgy at best, bar XBMC app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

i-cake = an app that informs you of the location of the nearest cake... :pac:
    Yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

an app that listens to your girlfriend waffle about how her day was and so on while you watch tv/surf the web/etc. in peace:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jj92

An app to assist energy users reduce their carbon footprint and energy consumption through the provision of real time, localized information on optimal energy consumption times.

For instance, at peak energy usage times one’s carbon footprint is greater than at off peak times for using the same amount of electricity. If something as simple as for instance an “energy score” could be assigned to any particular time of day based on real time energy usage then an energy consumer could use this information to use electricity in a green manner. Alerts could be sent to ones phone alerting people to low periods of electricity usage. It would be possible to then interface this data with home automation to enable the automatic use of electricity at periods of low demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I wanna win this one and cant think of anything that has already been said....

think think think

ummmmm

oh yeah what about

I.foundu
    Ii found you would enable you to call out phone where are you and it would say I'm here. Im forever losing my old cheap mobile phone and it going out of battery.

I know its stupid but its the only thing i can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kopvill

the u-saver app, an app that detects when there are units of electricity being needlessly used ,it sends alerts,provides tips on saving,shows when there is a surge on power usage and provides you with info on optimal times to use appliances
    simples:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

An app that uses GPS to remind you to get something. So for example, you type in that you need to get milk and if you're passing by a shop it'll pop up on your phone reminding you to get milk :) Call it the i-Remind or soemthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

For me it would have to be the "i-Decoy" app.

Switch it on and a hologram of yourself appears in your office chair giving the illusion that you are always in the office working hard when in actual fact, you are in the Bahamas soaking up the rays :)

Oh please will someone invent this app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Genuinely would like to see a Menupages.ie app cant believe there isint one already.... handy

and if these were made I would buy

Notifier app to tell you if the pushy agents of airtricity are going to knock on the door as soon as you put your arse on the sofa, so you can starve and tease the dogs before hand.... Just for fun

Or

Notifier app to tell you which politician is about to canvas in your area, it will also supply a list of good things that they have done in your area and bad points (like introducing Universal social charges oh yes this way Brian Lenihan will you have a cup of tea? have you met my dogs?) again just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

App creates billions of euro to bail out broken economies.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

My ideal app would be an alarm clock that actually rolled time back 30 minutes when you hit snooze.

I'd call it SneakySnooze & I'd charge a yoyo a pop for it. Form an orderly queue. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hugorudd

I'd like an app to interface with my plug sockets to tell me what my power draw is, how much energy I'm using and which would allow me, x10-like, to turn off things from my phone. But of course it would have to recognise my fridge doesn't need to turn off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

An RTE player app for your mobile. :)

A electricity saving app

e.g.

5 blubs * 60Watts * average hours of use * unit rate
    Dryer Wattage * cycle time * number of times a week
    etc
    etc
    total

=> can estimate saving by varying type of equipment, number of hours use etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

I'd like an app that scans various forums and gathers together posts with 'win' or 'competition' in the title...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hughdini

i want an app that gets me a job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 duraq

My dream app would be an app that gives live updates on the Dublin bike Scheme. It should show how many bikes are available at each station and how many free parking spaces are available.

It would really be a great help as it's frustrating turning up to one of the bike stands and finding all the bikes have gone...but even worse if you get to your destination and there's no parking space. Cue driving back into the city to find a parking space.

Would be extremely helpful to get an offical app !

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

An idrive, to drive me to where i want to go in that crazy Dublin traffic, I could lie back and chilax.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I Eat
    An app that makes a sound when I'm in the city at meal times !
    Lets say its breakfast time - the app sounds and shows me places to eat breakfast - with deals/discounts etc.
    same thing happens at lunchtime and dinner time !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd love an app that would show the current position of each bus in a town, you could be able to filter out which routes you want to see. Nothing I hate more than waiting for the god damn bus. Of course you'd need GPS on all the buses but I'm sure they have that on the continent!

It would be cool to have an app that showed you how much you've walked each day and where you went so you could see your daily patterns. Would be kind of interesting. I don't even know if the phone has a GPS though.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

never used an app before ,,but an app le phone would not be nice.

htc ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 6 neri

You go to a vending machine, select the drink/chocolate/etc you want, it gives you a QR code that dials a number. You get charged the cost of your product on your bill, the vending machine gets notification through mobile technology and dispenses your product.
    Simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kingser1

The app would see what the weather is like outside and for the rest of the day and tell you what clothes to wear. i.e.: light jacket, winter coat, scarf, gloves etc...so many times caught out in the cold. Can never get it right :)

CalorI..lets you take a picture of any food and tells you the calories of it and what you need to do to burn it off e.g.: 10 sit-ups...10 lengths of the pool - so no more fooling yourself

ibalance - for when your mood is out of balance. so if your annoyed, or sad or lacking self-esteem or nervous, it will tell you the right thing to get you back in balance so you feel normal again - e.g.: your boss is an a*se, don't worry about him

I desire the HTC desire. My friend has one and I can't stop drooling over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I would love a Joe 90 app. Something that could just beam knowledge directly into my brain.
    Ultimate time saving device that would leave more free time for us to focus on the important things in life, like getting all 3 stars in angry birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

An app that would know what the ultimate app would be to help me win this competition

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

My dream app would select the best possible fantasy football team, using previous stats, and a high-end simulator that will predict results. Would I use this to gamble? No, but for once, I would like to beat my brother in the league we run each year! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

The I-Magnet.
    It's where my phone acts as a magnet to all of those members of the opposite sex and attracts them to me like a magnet. I'm sure the new app does that for your phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

the liverpool need a goal app. Could come in handy for very specific bets as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

I'd have an app called "I-Fone" (my lawyer helped me with the wording of that one :rolleyes:).

I'm always in the shops to pick up something and then suddenly realise I have no idea what it was I'm supposed to be buying. So, while I browse, so as too not look a total eejit, I chat away on my phone.... to nobody... Ahem.

Now, it would be most embaressing, were my phone to ring, or for a text to come through. Thus, the "I-Fone" app would randomly allow me to either listen to the radio, music etc and NOT allow any texts or calls through, thus allowing me to figure out what the hell I'm doing in Tesco with an aisle full of fruit in front of me.

Yes, I've issues :D

Advertisement