Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jim.murphy1

Some suggstions that could have a business application:

GoodCatch / Near Miss app - submit directly from iPhone/Android Phone
    Risk Assessment app. customised for ESB
    BMI (Body Mass Indicator) Calculator - many already available including on Blackberry Appworld but could be customised for ESB users.
    Safety Induction - policies, accident reporting, assesmbly point etc.
    Food log app - record your dietry intake on a calender.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djo789

I'd like a app that tells me where power is being used wastefully :D in my home
    E.g. lights on in bedrooms mobile chargers plugged in or items on standby
    thx
    D.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My app would be iCook.
    It suggests a dinner, if I accept it then it find what stores have the ingredients and then it shows me the recipe for cooking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 vyk

An app that allows you to locate your lost keys via your phone. It would save me a full day each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'd like an app that let's me turn off household appliances like the cooker and the iron etc remotely or at least an app that lets me check that they are off when I'm not in the house.It would save paranoia and worrying that I'd left something on when I hadn't meant too.it would be called iTurn It Off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well On the ESB theme it would be nice to have an iUsage app which could tell you how much energy all you appliances are using and the realtime cost, I guess it's a bit like the iEnergy suggested earlier.

Otherwise I'll settle for the iWork, it does your job for you at the press of a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gregario

iTed

I texting app that has a Fr. Ted button.
    Press the button and it replys to a text with an appropiate Fr Ted quote.

Example text: "My Chinese exchange student is arriving tomorrow"

Reply: "The Chinese, a great bunch of lads!"

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Raging_Hull

I want the iWin .... this app automatically generates the winning slogan for this competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

iBoot app, an app that kicks the relevant government minister in the balls every time i am inconvenienced by one of their stupid decisions.
    Special feature double kick for all green minsters every time i pay carbon tax :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

an everyday all-inclusive app that helps with mundane everyday tasks like waking up , getting dressed , getting to work , eating lunch , getting home , having dinner , what to watch , when to sleep etc. - iLifeHelper1.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'd love an app that tells me exactly what colour/shade stuff is and what colours go along with it in terms of clothing/what clashes.

I'm colourblind and always have a lot of trouble with this sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

An app that helps me loose weight by creating a personalized diet that alerts me when i am over the maximum calories allowed...:D without having to type what i have been eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

My idea is for an energy saving app that monitors the phone's network activity (download volume) and turns on and off the appropriate internet connections accordingly optomising battery usage.

For example you can connect to the internet and transfer data to the phone most commonly via 2G, 3G or WiFi. WiFi and 3G use up a lot of power which will drain your battery quickly. Turning them off when you don't need them is a good idea. Manually turning them off and on is a hassle however. What if you had an app that did the hard work for you? How would it work?

Well firstly you would identify your WiFi hotspots, say at home, at work, etc. and the app would remember them an be able to detect when you are in one. Then in your day-to-day life, depending on what data your phone is trying to get from the internet the app would either turn on the 2G, 3G or WiFi connection. For a low volume of data only the 2G connection would be enabled. For example, say your phone is only checking for new emails, facebook updates, etc., nothing too big. The app would see the low network usage and turn off both 3G and WiFi.

Then if you're downloading something larger the app will see this and turn on the 3G connection, if no WiFi is available. Alternatively if you are in one of your listed WiFi hotpots, or somewhere where a free WiFi connection is available the App will turn on the WiFi and turn off the 3G. The key is that once you stop downloading a large volume of data the app will automatically turn off both the 3G and the WiFi.

So the internet connection is always decided based on the amount of data you're actually downloading so your phone becomes much more energy efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭invaderjim

I'd like a translator app that actually worked, no more suffering listening to language tapes

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I-hour

This app could be used for moving time one hour either way – i.e. if you’re having fun somewhere you put the clock back and you gain another hour, it would also be useful at pub closing time when you want another drink or for a longer lie-in in the morning. You could use the option for putting the clock forward on a long tedious afternoon in work so the day finishes earlier. I think I could find a lot of uses for this app! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShortyNolan

I would like an app where any college student could hit in there user ID and it shows there timetable, assesment dates etc.
    You can also check your grades and link in with mail to
    mail your lectures back
    This would be like blackboard but easier accessible on your I-pod

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

i would like an app, that could predict the Euro lotto numbers just once!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SYPHON

An app that would tell me when the Sunday joint is perfectly cooked, avoiding the dangerous under-cooking and horrendous over-cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BooShank

How about an app that uses an inbuilt accelerometer in a smartphone to detect when the phone holder is involved in an accident. (hard impact immediately followed by a period of complete stillness) The app could automatically ring a designated member of the phone-book with a prerecorded message and gps co-ordinates to advise that they should check on the phone owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I would like an app that uses GPS to let you know where is the cheapest petrol prices that is within a set amount of miles/kmh of your location,so you can select 5 miles or 20 miles so i can pick the best value for money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

iAnswer - An app that produces witty yet intelligent answers to questions so I could win cool prizes like a HTC Desire HD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

iConserve

An App that connects with your Electricity and Gas Meters and tells you what you current usage is and how much per hour its costing.

A further breakdown showing you what is using the most power or Gas and allows you to disable these items!

Green and Cost Saving! Win Win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

I know from walking around universities and hospitals that it's often hard to find lecture rooms, wards, little rooms here and there. My idea is that for public buildings in Ireland we could have an app that has a floorplan and also a list of rooms that could be selected from and subsequently shown on the map.

It could be used also for museums, shopping centres, large department stores, airports, courts, train stations, etc., etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

i- mf so we know when they are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Simple a little app that tells me the winning numbers to the Irish lotto draws a day before the draw takes place. Use the app a few times and I could retire for life:D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

An app that with the push of a button could make FF call a damn GE already

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BMF Plint

id like an app called the i-teleport that could teleport me to the pub or work or spain... nice:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

How's about an 'i-would' app

You go into a nightclub, you can scan girls and identify which of them fancy you.

Would save a lot of time, effort, humility and money in buying drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

I'd propose an "i-Luddite" App which would freeze all handheld tech advances for a period of 12 months to allow normal people get a grip on what is possible in our wonderful new world before they have the goalposts shifted mercilessly on them yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 IrishJoker

The i-Tie - you hang it around your neck if you ever forget your tie - will be able to do the Four-In-Hand, Full-Windsor and Half-Windsor. Never be caught without a tie for an important meeting again.

Now will all new clock functionality - tell you colleagues the time without the need for a wrist watch :)

Advertisement