Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Closed] Win a SIM Free HTC Desire HD smartphone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

An "i-Keant be bothered" app which would magically assemble flatpack furniture.

Flawlessly. With no bits left over, marriages left intact and not a pet dog kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

iQuote - smart answers to any statement using widely known quotations from Simpsons, Pulp Fiction, Star Wars, etc

e.g.
    user: "I failed English"
    iQuote: "me fail English?? That's unpossible!"

user: "must try harder"
    iQuote: "do, or do not. There is no try"

user: *mumbles*
    iQuote: "English, mother f*cker! Do you speak it!"

and so forth

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

How about an "i-Poop" app, which would detect when the family pet dog had finished his business in the back garden ("we'll all look after him, promise, Dad") and would send an SMS message to your son/daughter's mobile informing them of the happy event and triggering a countdown sequence which scrubs phone credit off their phone until such time as the mess has been verified as cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭maddladd

My best app would be one to alert me to all the competitions i can enter and work out a snazzy answer to boot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

I would like an app that tells me how to be a success in life, simple!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

How about an app that detects when I hand over my card in a shop, checks my bank balance, detects what bills I still have to pay before the next pay day and refuses to let me spend any money if I can't afford it.
    I'm always overdrawing my account for silly things.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fleaman08

"The-Big-Swich-app" if it isnt there already.. Just making the switch to Bord Gáis easier if i dont win!!! :):p
    *Joke*

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waffle

i-candy
    Its an x-ray app - Makes every man's dream come true!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

My ideal app would be to turn on and off the heating from my phone while I am still in bed.

I don't like leaving the heating on all night as it gets too warm / wastes energy. So it would be perfect to allow me to wake up, reach for my phone, then go for a snooze and get up 15 minutes later to a nice toasty house.

I know a timer does the job on weekdays, but for those cold winter weekends when you don't have to get up, it would make the struggle out of bed a little easier

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

My ideal app would allow me to eat as much as I want and keep my body in perfect health! It would filter out all the food you've eaten, only keeping the healthy bits.

It would also somehow manage to keep your body completely healthy so you can eat anything & as much as you like while not having to worry about your health! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

An emergency breakdown app. It could be adopted by the AA for example.

One push of a button (tap of a screen) and you can let the AA know exactly where you are so they can call out to you ASAP.

Its such a balls having to try and explain where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

It may have already been posted, but I'd love an iTea! I love tea so an app to remotely fill and control my kettle would be awesome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Was sure I posted this last night but it may have been a dream... can't find it now.
    My app would be the iCARE :
    Now that smartphones have screens as big yer face, this app would let me tuck my head into my coat and have a snooze. Meanwhile, my DesireHD is balanced on my head running the iCARE app. It listens to all of the uninteresting things people have to say to me and makes appropriately interested or sympathetic noises, all the while displaying a CGI representation of what my face would look like if I could give a monkeys.

Ideally this would be paired with a wrist watch that could make my arms perform unthreatening but emphatic gestures, just like Tony Blair. The EULA would include a "we are not responsible if you wake up and have invaded a middle eastern country" clause, naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

iSex, the app with the snap

Point your device towards your ideal woman or man
    Take Photo
    Open iSex
    Press the activate button
    Ready yourself for intercourse.

I'd be a millionaire. I on the other hand don't need an App for this :cool: wouldn't mind a HTC Desire though!

2815295019_760aeab610.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have a 3510i for 10 years, i dont even know what a smartphone looks like :p

My app would do a lot of things, it's amazing ha. Firstly before calling people it would tell you if they are available or not, no more wasted calls. It would be like green available, orange away/kinda available, red busy. If somebody had more than one phone or were on IM it would just show you the best green ones etc. You could also set a different availability for different people yourslef and well, ignore mummy :D For your boss however you'd have a special sick setting, you have no more sick days but want one, when you call them or they call you on the setting, suddenly your voice is edited to be that of a sick persons, 'cant you tell im sick from my voice?! But hey that's not all, with AppTar, the app would also detect how cold it was and start emitting pleasant heat if it got too cold. Now that's an app :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

My dream application would be: i-mischief...

As soon as the kids go to draw on walls, pour bubble bath in the toilets or give the dog my mobile to chew on, the alarm would go off and alert me that chaos is about to ensue. :mad: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

My dream app would be the i-scale:

An app that allows you to stand on your phone and it can tell you how much you weigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭rodneys

mine would be an I-Tea, I could just click it and when I get in , a nice cuppa !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

My dream App would definitely be A Healthy Living app, a pedometer/calorie counter/dietician/stopwatch/recipe book etc etc etc all in one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

My dream app would be one that alerts all callers that I'm having dinner/shower/ on the loo and not ring my damn door bell..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

For all of the people who live in gated apartment blocks, I would invent an app to enable residents to be able to open the gate via their phone insteasd of a key fob, or sending a text message to the mgt company. Handy if it were real!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

iWin - an app that would pick out the winning Lotto numbers for me! It must be possible Derren Brown did it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

My app would be the happy realtionship app. It would alert you when you are about to say the wrong thing to your other half, and tell you what to say to save your bacon.

not that I'd need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Simple really: Despite all our fancy technology, nothing drives me up the wall quite as much as having to nip out of bed first thing in the morning when its freezing to flick the switch on the kettle. So i'd do anything for a One-Click App which remotely turns it on so the waters boiled and good to go when i get there.

Same if your stuck in traffic 5 minutes from home and you're dyin for a nice cup of coffee or tea after a long day at the office!

Oh what i wouldn't do for an app like that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Applicate - an app that allows anybody to create an app that does anything the user wants to, instantly and free. Will break the entire world and give anybody with an iPhone everything they want, but hey, that's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Mine would have to be i-massage, a vibrating app that warms your phone and can be placed on painful joints! Heaven & much needed here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

The iphone does quite a lot of stuff for me as It is but if it were able to be a universal remote for just about every appliance in the house/home It would be deadly...

Turn up the volume in the tv, use it as a mouse for the computer (I know this is already possible), let radio's pick it up wireless to play your mp3s off of it... Dim the lighting in the room, give you reports on your bills/bank accounts and spending, start the car, turn on the heating....

What a glorious app it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

My app would be the i-cook (well actually the you-cook might be a better name) that cooks up a meal of your choice while you get to sit on the couch watching cricket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

Mine would be an app that chooses an outfit for me every day. It would also scan the internet for new fashions that would suit me and have them delivered to my door....bliss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 curl30

i-trans
    app thats tranlates any language being spoken to you in real time into your earphones and also relates your reply back in original laguage.

Advertisement