Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance

• 17-01-2011 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi I want to get my dogs insured am wondering who ye use I got a quote from alliance for €745 which is way out of my price range.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi Zoe, how many dogs and what breeds? I pay €32 a month for two Yorkies with Allianz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

And most importantly, what age and any existing conditions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Zoe,

I use PetInsure - web-based. It works out about EUR10 a month for a 3 year old mongrel. It's a few months since I took it out and I can't remember what makes it dearer or cheaper - I know our fella not being pedigree made a difference and I think that if its a pedigree, then some breeds are more expensive than others.

I used this as my sister uses it as well and had to get her dog some scans etc and it was all covered.

There is a discount for the 1st year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 zoe11

Iv 2 great Danes they are a year and a year and a half both healthy they quoted me 500 last year which was grand but 745 for the same thing is crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

zoe11 wrote: »
    Iv 2 great Danes they are a year and a year and a half both healthy they quoted me 500 last year which was grand but 745 for the same thing is crazy

My premium with Allianz has really shot up as well. But I do know people who have phoned up and haggled, and got €100 off - worth a try if you want to stay with Allianz!

But also try the following:

www.123.ie

www.petinsurance.ie

www.petinsure.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 zoe11

According to them that was the very best price they could do!! They won't be getting my custom this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 snowman6416

hi was wondering, is there any where that insure them, as i have one and looking to insure it,

could some one please help

snowman6416

hi was wondering, is there any where that insure them, as i have one and looking to insure it,

could some one please help

snowman6416

:eek: What companies have you tried? This is something that didn't occur to me, but I can certainly see why they would refuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 snowman6416

i was just looking, for insurance, that will cover the dog when out walking, or in his own back yard, as ordinary home insurance does not cover gard dogs,

Is the dog actually a guard dog and did you tell them this? "Guard" dogs aren't considered pets. It gives the impression that insurance might have to pay out hundreds of thousands to a burglar for public liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

The likes of Allianz won't cover guards dogs as far as I know- I'd imagine the other pet insurance companies won't either. If they're guarding a business will your business insurance cover it?
    I suppose they don't cover because there's probably a risk of being sued if the guard dog bites or injures someone.

Advertisement