Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear Blue false negative???

Options
  • 17-01-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,
    This might be long winded so please bare with me...i suffered a miscarriage 14th Nov when i was 6weeks gone. I was quite upset but just wanted to try again as soon as possible. The doc told me to wait until i had my reg period before trying so i did. I got it exactly 4 weeks later (like usual) on the 13th/14th Dec.
    It is now just gone over the 4 week mark since my last period and they are late. I took a Clear Blue digital test last wed 12th Jan but i got a 'Not Pregnant' result. I left it a few days but still no sign of my period so i took second test last night and it came back 'Not Pregnant' again.
    The thing is there is still no sign of my period again and they have never been late before? I know the nurse said that it could take between 4-7 weeks to get your period after a miscarriage but i got it bang on time exactly 4weeks when i was due them.
    I have been reading alot on the internet about the Clear Blue Digital tests and alot of people spoke of this false negative result with them?
    Just looking for peoples opinions on this its just getting me down and im very confused now...if im not pregnant i just wish my period would come so i can stop worrying :(

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Your periods can be irregular for some time after. Unfortunately just because the first one was on time doesn't necessarily mean they'll be back to normal. Try another brand of test (first response are good) and see what you get testing your early morning urine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Hi Gillyboo, as DK said, I would try another brand. The digi pregnancy tests are not as sensitive as the non digital ones.
    Sorry for your loss, hope this is it for you, good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GillyBo

Hey thanks for replies - I did another clear blue test this morning just to be certain and it came back negative again so im certain now that i am def not pregnant....still no sign of my periods though? ill just have to wait and see what happens i will wait another week or so and if there is still no sign i will have to go to my gp to make sure everything is ok. Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement