Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pebble Beach Holiday Homes Closed

Options
  • 17-01-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

I've been going down there for a weeks holidays for the last couple of years so I decided to go there again this year, I went looking for a brochure and got an email back saying Thank you for your enquiry. The company has closed down and therefore we
    will not be taking bookings for the 2011 season.

Anyone know what happened ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

I think they're all being rented out long term now, there's a lot on daft.ie for rent and for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

yeah the tax incentive scheme which the owners of all the individual holiday homes were involved with ended think it was last year and now no longer have to rent them out in summer time and can rent them long term

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Thanks for the info guys, must find somewhere else to stay...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi OP,
    What type of accommodation are you looking for, and ill try help you out?

The Discover Tramore brochure might be of use to you.

Sully wrote: »
    Hi OP,
    What type of accommodation are you looking for, and ill try help you out?

The Discover Tramore brochure might be of use to you.

Cheers Sully, thanks for your help, have you any more info on the self catering apartments ie, are bookings sat-sat / sun-sun and so on....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Magnum wrote: »
    Cheers Sully, thanks for your help, have you any more info on the self catering apartments ie, are bookings sat-sat / sun-sun and so on....

With self catering, every place is different. Generally though, it is Saturday - Saturday.

In the same area, you have Beachside Promenade Apartments

There is one other block of apartments on the other end of the promenade but I am afraid I don't know much about them.

Does it have to be an apartment or would a house suit?

With self catering, every place is different. Generally though, it is Saturday - Saturday.

In the same area, you have Beachside Promenade Apartments

There is one other block of apartments on the other end of the promenade but I am afraid I don't know much about them.

Does it have to be an apartment or would a house suit?

Hi Sully, thanks for your help, herself likes the look of the above apartments and has requested more info from the owners, looks like we are getting sorted,
    again thanks for your help.

Mike

Magnum wrote: »
    Hi Sully, thanks for your help, herself likes the look of the above apartments and has requested more info from the owners, looks like we are getting sorted,
    again thanks for your help.

Mike

Glad you are on the way to being sorted. If your luck runs out, come back to me and ill help you further.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

What kind of quality are the pebble beach houses? Would they be ok to rent long term? I saw them on daft, they do look nicer than normal holiday homes but would you live in one?

What kind of quality are the pebble beach houses? Would they be ok to rent long term? I saw them on daft, they do look nicer than normal holiday homes but would you live in one?

Quiet part of Tramore but in a good location - haven't seen the apartments in person but haven't heard anything negative either. I would assume they would be suitable anyway, but you can probably take a look first and then decide before committing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 peegiebear

The houses are in great nick for holiday homes. been goin there with family since i was a child.. was broken hearted to find out they were closed :( sully, is there any other holiday homes in tramore besides seafield and the apartments along the prom??:confused:

One at the other end of the prom, across from Bay Spa, but don't know much about them. Might be private.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 IrishCalypso

There's also some self catering apartments up the road from the Majestic:
    http://www.beachhavenhouse.com/

They also have a hostel and do B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 snausbaby

Before renting, it maybe worth checking out if Security is still there; quiet spots maybe tempting for bored teenagers of a winter evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HAPPIFEET

our family have been going for the last 10 years and was gutted to hear they had closed, is their any other houses available , we need about 4-5 houses together, any help would be appricated x

HAPPIFEET wrote: »
    our family have been going for the last 10 years and was gutted to hear they had closed, is their any other houses available , we need about 4-5 houses together, any help would be appricated x

Just the suggestions made here I am afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Sorry to drag this from the depths but i was down in tramore recently looking at these holiday homes with the intent of buying one, had a look around a few of the bungalows, some are immaculate, they're selling for around €50,000
    I'm just a bit sceptical as why they're so cheap, I spoke to a lady in her 50's who has been renting there for about 8 months, and she says it's a quiet area,
    I know there's a maintenance fee to be paid yearly and the grounds are common ground, but was wondering if there was anyone from the area know anything more about them

Thanks

okee

okee wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this from the depths but i was down in tramore recently looking at these holiday homes with the intent of buying one, had a look around a few of the bungalows, some are immaculate, they're selling for around €50,000
    I'm just a bit sceptical as why they're so cheap, I spoke to a lady in her 50's who has been renting there for about 8 months, and she says it's a quiet area,
    I know there's a maintenance fee to be paid yearly and the grounds are common ground, but was wondering if there was anyone from the area know anything more about them

Thanks

okee

What area? Cant think of anything myself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

What area? Cant think of anything myself anyway.

It's in that pebble beach holiday homes complex,

Here's a street map view

http://alturl.com/34ibq

okee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 HAPPIFEET

Hi-have been going to Tramore for the last 30 years and have stayed in Peeble Beach on a few occassions, the area is quite but its a great location as you are in walking distance of everything if you are buying this as a holiday home I would think these are a great buy,
    The only negative I would say is that in the off peak seasons most of those houses are empty so you can be quite alone down there and it could be a bit erry ! but this depends on where your house is Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Im amazed how cheap they're selling for but imagine a lot of people have to sell, location seems to be bang on with new park opening too.
    However I feel up and down the country quiet a lot of holiday apartments/complexes will turn into slum tenements pretty quickly, hope Im
    wrong but writing is on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

rasper wrote: »
    Im amazed how cheap they're selling for but imagine a lot of people have to sell, location seems to be bang on with new park opening too.
    However I feel up and down the country quiet a lot of holiday apartments/complexes will turn into slum tenements pretty quickly, hope Im
    wrong but writing is on the wall

i
    think ya hit the nail on the head there in one

okee wrote: »
    It's in that pebble beach holiday homes complex,

Here's a street map view

http://alturl.com/34ibq

okee

Cant say I have heard a bad word about that complex. Its a quiet area, and you are within walking distances from most things. Id say its just cheap because Tramore is only busy for a few months of the year, money is hard to come by (houses are selling cheap nationwide) and holiday homes are probably not a favourite to buy these days so a good offer is more considerable for folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭crazym02

The only sad thing about the area is the empty bottles and cans left in the bushes by yobs from the local area. The local Guards try to keep an eye on the place but during the summer the yobs just made a right mess of the place last year, which is probably why the holiday rental landlords just gave up on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

anyplace in a town with that kind of green/parkland area will always been a magnet to yobs and littter, however what I seee today is 3 shopping trolleys and a suite of furniture which were lying around pebble beach offices for months.
    These are can now be seen from as far back as the prom, Im afraid litter breeds more litter, where is the estate management to tackle these issues

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I have been going to Tramore since I was a baby, and I can say that Pebble Beach is a fine location, also, to the people looking for places to stay, try the Appollion (spelling?) Apartments at the top of the hill, if you are heading up the main road towards PaddyPower, they are up the hill to the left. They have a beautiful view of the beach, but I will say that if you have a small child, it can be a pain to push the buggy up the hill 2 or 3 times a day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I live in the area and went for a drive round Pebble Beach recently, as I was also interested in why they were so cheap.

From the outside most of them looked fine, some needed a coat of paint. Its a decent looking area, but, even though its in the middle of Tramore, its rather remote - well off the road and a longish walk off parts of the estate to get to the main road. The shops, schools and churches are all a good walk away up a steep hill and at the opposite side of Tramore.

The individual properties do not have gardens, just common green areas, and you would be very vulnerable to noisy or disruptive neighbours.

They would be fine for summer use, but I didn't get the feeling that I would like to live in the area all year round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

You should go and stay in Dunmore East . An absolute treasure in the South East. My favourite village in the country.

Just to let everybody know that the Holiday Homes have re-opened, not every single house but a good few are now available to rent. They are being renovated. :)

See here:
    http://www.discovertramore.ie/view?p=Pebble_Beach_Holiday_Homes

Pics are still out of date though, hope to get them updated soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't know if its true but someone was telling me the Pebble Beach houses don't have anything by way of insulation and would be very cold in winter.

Advertisement