Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

Hi Steve,
    I signed up to emobile on Friday (28th) and I was told that I'd have my new phone today. Now I've rang customer care and have been told that the phone hasn't even been dispatched and they couldnt tell me when it would be dispatched. This is a bit annoying as I've moved appointments to make sure I'll be in the office today and I've also used up all my phone credit. Can you look into getting this dispatched today? Can I just go into a shop and pick one up there?
    I've PM'ed you my order number.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi Steve,
    I ordered my new iphone 4s a week ago.
    I rang yesterday and was told its status was "fulfilment" or something like that?
    The money for the phone was taken on the day I ordered not when shipped as stated on the site.
    Could you check my order status please?
    I havent received any email to say order has been shipped etc?
    A week without communication seems a bit much to be honest.
    Cheers.
    Sham.

ps I PM'd you yesterday with reference number.
    I will PM you now with SO number.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Fitzinho

Phoned again this morning

Answered after 3 mins (9 mins quicker than yesterday)
    12 mins in to the call she is still searching for my account or order or whatever, no luck even after I sent on the eMobile order number I was given!

Then she mumbles something at me which I couldn't make out, after asking for a repeat I find out my order is with the "RCI" department and then silence, as if I know what the RCI dept is!

She emailed them, as soon as they reply, she'll call me back, the exact same line I got yesterday and guess what, no call then.

This is a joke, a phone paid for over a week ago and no one can even tell me where it is let alone when I'll get it!

Going to cancel and go crawling back to O2 if she doesn't call back in the next couple of hours, no way I'm going through this customer service for the next 18 months :(

Update: Called the customer service line and got a really nice girl who could actually find my account, she said they have everything they need from me (they have done for 8 days now!) and I am queued to recieve a contract by email, when I reply to that I'll join another queue to have the phone sent out.

Problem is apparently I won't get the contract email for "a few days" because so many signed up for it and every other mobile operator will be the same, I could point her in the direction of the other mobile operators boards pages where people had their phones delivered by courier on Saturday of course!

I asked could I cancel, she said I can't cancel until they have sent me the phone and I can then send it back, it's lunacy :( Never again

So we have to wait for a contract to be emailed to us, send that back and then the phone is sent?
    The guy I was speaking to yesterday said that the phone would be sent in the next day or so?
    If I have to wait for a contract, then send it back, then wait for phone to be posted you're looking at another week at least.

If thats the case I have to say, very very badly handled.
    I am considering going back to my old provider aswell, not a good start from eMobile.

Hi Steve,
    I signed up to emobile on Friday (28th) and I was told that I'd have my new phone today. Now I've rang customer care and have been told that the phone hasn't even been dispatched and they couldnt tell me when it would be dispatched. This is a bit annoying as I've moved appointments to make sure I'll be in the office today and I've also used up all my phone credit. Can you look into getting this dispatched today? Can I just go into a shop and pick one up there?

Thanks,
    UPDATE,

I received a text message saying my phone was being dispatched and I should have a utility bill and my pin number (last 4 digits of my account).
    However I don't have an account number. About 5 minutes after receiving this text the courier arrived. As I didn't have a pin the courier couldn't give me the phone (fair enough) and then he left. So I ring Emobile customer care and I'm told that the PIN is either the last 4 digits of my VISA card/Bank Account or the last 4 digits of my Eircom account. I asked the customer care person which it was and he said he didnt know. I told him i still don't have my account number (signed up to Eircom NGB last week) and would he be able to give it to me. He said he'd transfer me to Eircom Customer care and they would be able to provide me with the account number. The Eircom guy was confused as to why he transferred me to them because 1) they cant give out account numbers over the phone and 2) He was broadband technical support.
    The broadband guy was helpful though and he looked into the PIN number. He told me that he thinks that the PIN number is the last 4 digits of my Vodafone account (who i'm transferring to Eircom NGB from)

I rang the courier back and he's going to call back to me in the afternoon but can anyone in emobile tell me what number is my pin? My options are below and i'm concerned I'll lock out after 3 attempts.
    1) My Eircom Account number (yet to receive it)
    2) My Vodafone Account number
    3) Last 4 digits of my Visa card
    4) Last 4 digits of my Bank Account

I've already PM'ed Steve my order number (which the courrier wasn't interested in) so can you please get back to me ASAP as I don't want to have to turn the courier away again.

Thanks

• Advertisement

sham69 wrote: »
    So we have to wait for a contract to be emailed to us, send that back and then the phone is sent?
    The guy I was speaking to yesterday said that the phone would be sent in the next day or so?
    If I have to wait for a contract, then send it back, then wait for phone to be posted you're looking at another week at least.

I am considering going back to my old provider aswell, not a good start from eMobile.

That's what she said, it actually started off that a contract would have to be POSTED out and returned by post, then when that's processed they send the phone, she went off and came back and then said it just gets emailed.

Now look at the below, a PIN etc?! The courier will be delivering mine to a post room in my work, they won't have a PIN, don't know what to think now

Fitzinho wrote: »
    That's what she said, it actually started off that a contract would have to be POSTED out and returned by post, then when that's processed they send the phone, she went off and came back and then said it just gets emailed.

Now look at the below, a PIN etc?! The courier will be delivering mine to a post room in my work, they won't have a PIN, don't know what to think now
    If i'm successful with the courier this afternoon I'll let you know what combination worked.

I'm on hold to them now to find out whats going on.
    Enough is enough.
    I thought my last provider was bad, I have a bad feeling about this...

ok, just off the phone.
    Guy was quite rude I have to say.
    I explained the whole 4 digit pin thing and he said oh yes that should have been sent in an email from the sales team?
    I told him it wasn't but he didn't want to know, said he was support and that I would have to ring sales.
    I mentioned the last 4 digits of bank account and card etc and he said definitely not.
    Its the pin that was sent when you ordered the phone.
    I just checked my emails and I don't have anything.
    I will ring them back in the afternoon.
    What a joke.
    Very frustrating.

Pelican got his today after ordering on Friday :(
    I ordered mine the min the phone went up online the Tuesday before (25th) then sent in my documents a few mins later and am being told another few days before I get it!
    I was told today they are done in order of docs recieved which is clearly untrue.

• Advertisement

I ordered mine the min the phone went up online the Tuesday before (25th) then sent in my documents a few mins later and am being told another few days before I get it!
    I was told today they are done in order of docs recieved which is clearly untrue.
    :cool:

Still haven't got it yet though....

and i actually tried to order mine on tuesday but couldnt because I didnt have my eircom account number so I sort of had been back and forth with them all week.

Still no word from Steve yet... is there a note anywhere with what hours he checks this at?

Haven't noticed a note but from observation it seems like about once a day in the evening, which isn't brilliant either.

and i actually tried to order mine on tuesday but couldnt because I didnt have my eircom account number so I sort of had been back and forth with them all week.

Still no word from Steve yet... is there a note anywhere with what hours he checks this at?
    Folks,

Got my phone! Basically the courier called back in the afternoon (fair play) and he took a note of the number i gave him. I had my ID's and Utility bill with me too. I PIN number I used was for my Vodafone at home account, which i am in the process of switching to Eircom NGB. He was unable to validate the PIN because his handheld wasnt working at the time.
    He did say that he was having a lot of problems with Emobile customers not having their PINS.
    Still no word back from Emobile Steve about any of this but maybe this forum is only checked every other day.

Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

If you still hace the chance, please avoid emobile. There is a 14-day cooling off period, I would urge anyone thinking of becoming locked into a toxic relationship with this crowd don't. You will never be treated as a customer, You will never be valued as a customer. You will be subject to the worst possible attempt at customer service you can possibly imagine.

Avoid, avoid, avoid....

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi Steven,
    I did indeed. It is EMBP28NRU34.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi Alan,

Do you have the name and order date available there?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks,
    UPDATE,

I received a text message saying my phone was being dispatched and I should have a utility bill and my pin number (last 4 digits of my account).
    However I don't have an account number. About 5 minutes after receiving this text the courier arrived. As I didn't have a pin the courier couldn't give me the phone (fair enough) and then he left. So I ring Emobile customer care and I'm told that the PIN is either the last 4 digits of my VISA card/Bank Account or the last 4 digits of my Eircom account. I asked the customer care person which it was and he said he didnt know. I told him i still don't have my account number (signed up to Eircom NGB last week) and would he be able to give it to me. He said he'd transfer me to Eircom Customer care and they would be able to provide me with the account number. The Eircom guy was confused as to why he transferred me to them because 1) they cant give out account numbers over the phone and 2) He was broadband technical support.
    The broadband guy was helpful though and he looked into the PIN number. He told me that he thinks that the PIN number is the last 4 digits of my Vodafone account (who i'm transferring to Eircom NGB from)

I rang the courier back and he's going to call back to me in the afternoon but can anyone in emobile tell me what number is my pin? My options are below and i'm concerned I'll lock out after 3 attempts.
    1) My Eircom Account number (yet to receive it)
    2) My Vodafone Account number
    3) Last 4 digits of my Visa card
    4) Last 4 digits of my Bank Account

I've already PM'ed Steve my order number (which the courrier wasn't interested in) so can you please get back to me ASAP as I don't want to have to turn the courier away again.

Thanks
    If i'm successful with the courier this afternoon I'll let you know what combination worked.

Folks,

Got my phone! Basically the courier called back in the afternoon (fair play) and he took a note of the number i gave him. I had my ID's and Utility bill with me too. I PIN number I used was for my Vodafone at home account, which i am in the process of switching to Eircom NGB. He was unable to validate the PIN because his handheld wasnt working at the time.
    He did say that he was having a lot of problems with Emobile customers not having their PINS.
    Still no word back from Emobile Steve about any of this but maybe this forum is only checked every other day.

Best of luck lads.

Hi PelicanLegend,

Apologies for missing your posts, I was not in the office yesterday.

I got back to you by PM and I'm glad to hear the above issue was sorted.

Thanks,

-Steve

Hi Steve,
    I ordered my new iphone 4s a week ago.
    I rang yesterday and was told its status was "fulfilment" or something like that?
    The money for the phone was taken on the day I ordered not when shipped as stated on the site.
    Could you check my order status please?
    I havent received any email to say order has been shipped etc?
    A week without communication seems a bit much to be honest.
    Cheers.
    Sham.

ps I PM'd you yesterday with reference number.
    I will PM you now with SO number.

ok, just off the phone.
    Guy was quite rude I have to say.
    I explained the whole 4 digit pin thing and he said oh yes that should have been sent in an email from the sales team?
    I told him it wasn't but he didn't want to know, said he was support and that I would have to ring sales.
    I mentioned the last 4 digits of bank account and card etc and he said definitely not.
    Its the pin that was sent when you ordered the phone.
    I just checked my emails and I don't have anything.
    I will ring them back in the afternoon.
    What a joke.
    Very frustrating.

Hi Sham69,

Apoliogies for missing your posts, I got back to your DM.

Thanks,

Steve

Phoned again this morning

Answered after 3 mins (9 mins quicker than yesterday)
    12 mins in to the call she is still searching for my account or order or whatever, no luck even after I sent on the eMobile order number I was given!

Then she mumbles something at me which I couldn't make out, after asking for a repeat I find out my order is with the "RCI" department and then silence, as if I know what the RCI dept is!

She emailed them, as soon as they reply, she'll call me back, the exact same line I got yesterday and guess what, no call then.

This is a joke, a phone paid for over a week ago and no one can even tell me where it is let alone when I'll get it!

Going to cancel and go crawling back to O2 if she doesn't call back in the next couple of hours, no way I'm going through this customer service for the next 18 months :(

Update: Called the customer service line and got a really nice girl who could actually find my account, she said they have everything they need from me (they have done for 8 days now!) and I am queued to recieve a contract by email, when I reply to that I'll join another queue to have the phone sent out.

Problem is apparently I won't get the contract email for "a few days" because so many signed up for it and every other mobile operator will be the same, I could point her in the direction of the other mobile operators boards pages where people had their phones delivered by courier on Saturday of course!

I asked could I cancel, she said I can't cancel until they have sent me the phone and I can then send it back, it's lunacy :( Never again

Haven't noticed a note but from observation it seems like about once a day in the evening, which isn't brilliant either.

Hi Fitzinho,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I'm over here ever day from 11 til 4, though I was not in yesterday.

I sent you a PM.

-Steve

If you still hace the chance, please avoid emobile. There is a 14-day cooling off period, I would urge anyone thinking of becoming locked into a toxic relationship with this crowd don't. You will never be treated as a customer, You will never be valued as a customer. You will be subject to the worst possible attempt at customer service you can possibly imagine.

Avoid, avoid, avoid....

Hi Stroke Politics,

Anything I can do to help you?

-Steve

The saga continues...
    Phoned to change delivery address on Tuesday.
    Phoned on Wed for a delivery update and find out the address wasn't changed, changed it again.
    Find out from a PM on boards on Thursday that it's still the wrong address, phoned to change it again.
    Finally got my dispatch email last night, wrong address!
    Phoned courier direclty to change it, she said no problem but we have been told by eMobile this morning not to deliver any phones due to "I.T." issues.

Never in my life have I dealt with such an awful company, it's been a disaster :(

Avoid this crowd like the plague!

• Advertisement

I have to agree.
    I was told on Wedneday that my phone would be shipped that evening.
    It wasn't.
    I asked Steve to check yesterday, he got back to me a 12 yesterday to say it wasn't but then never replied after that?
    I still havent heard from him today either?
    Do I really want to give this company my money?
    Only problem now is, I put my faith in eMobile, they let me down and now all the other networks are out of stock.
    I am hugely disappointed as I had a buyer for my old iPhone 4 but now because of the delay I will lose the sale on top of the 399 already been taken from my card even though it was not supposed to be taken until phone shipped.
    Worst experience I have had with an iPhone release and I have had all the phones so far.

it just gets funnier.
    I rang to see whats happening and guess what?
    They are out of F***ing stock?
    So they take my money, tell me on Wednesday that the order is fulfilled, I wait on the tracking number, ring today to get the tracking number and get told they don't have a phone for me.
    Seriously, I have never come across so much incompetence in my life.
    I feel like cancelling the order now.
    I can't go with another operator because emobile have taken my 400 for an item they don't even have in stock??
    I have never been so annoyed.
    I know its only a phone but its annoying the level of sheer stupidity and lies from these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I ordered my iPhone 4S last friday and it arrived yesterday.

Yes I seemingly got texts, emails etc about it being shipped but when I got the email with the courier's tracking number I looked forward to arriving and arrive it did.

it just gets funnier.
    I rang to see whats happening and guess what?
    They are out of F***ing stock?
    So they take my money, tell me on Wednesday that the order is fulfilled, I wait on the tracking number, ring today to get the tracking number and get told they don't have a phone for me.
    Seriously, I have never come across so much incompetence in my life.
    I feel like cancelling the order now.
    I can't go with another operator because emobile have taken my 400 for an item they don't even have in stock??
    I have never been so annoyed.
    I know its only a phone but its annoying the level of sheer stupidity and lies from these guys.

Hi There,

Got back to your PM there, Could you send me on your app number also please?

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I ordered my iPhone last Thursday (pre 9am), and have received no confirmation, email, or text. My Father ordered his on Friday and got his yesterday. I have rung, but was on hold for an hour and I was cut off. I've emailed with no reply! And I've tweeted to get a stock 'I'll look into this' from Steve. I can't get a hold of ANYONE to get an update!
    I put my old iPhone up on eBay, and the auction ends today - so I'll have to send that this evening. The site said they'll be sent within 5 working days, so including last Thurs, I should have received it latest yesteday.
    So I'm now phoneless, and short €179 to boot.

The saga continues...
    Phoned to change delivery address on Tuesday.
    Phoned on Wed for a delivery update and find out the address wasn't changed, changed it again.
    Find out from a PM on boards on Thursday that it's still the wrong address, phoned to change it again.
    Finally got my dispatch email last night, wrong address!
    Phoned courier direclty to change it, she said no problem but we have been told by eMobile this morning not to deliver any phones due to "I.T." issues.

Never in my life have I dealt with such an awful company, it's been a disaster :(

Avoid this crowd like the plague!

Did she specify what the IT issue's were...? I know that due to demand the shipping is taking a bit of extra time for the iPhone, could she have been referring to that?

-Steve

olaola wrote: »
    I ordered my iPhone last Thursday (pre 9am), and have received no confirmation, email, or text. My Father ordered his on Friday and got his yesterday. I have rung, but was on hold for an hour and I was cut off. I've emailed with no reply! And I've tweeted to get a stock 'I'll look into this' from Steve. I can't get a hold of ANYONE to get an update!
    I put my old iPhone up on eBay, and the auction ends today - so I'll have to send that this evening. The site said they'll be sent within 5 working days, so including last Thurs, I should have received it latest yesteday.
    So I'm now phoneless, and short €179 to boot.

Hi Olaola,

Did you send me your order number on twitter? As above there is a bit of a delay getting stock out due to demand. Could you send me your name and address also?

Thanks,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Hi Olaola,

Did you send me your order number on twitter? As above there is a bit of a delay getting stock out due to demand. Could you send me your name and address also?

Thanks,

-Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for getting back to me. I did DM you on Twitter. I'll reply there. I'm sending the phone to work as there is always someone here to receive it.

Thanks,
    Orla

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Steve, I've PMd you.

Also want to know about my order, and about being charged twice for the same order which hasn't arrived.

As everyone else, I've wasted hours on hold, countless emails and tweets... and I'm still none the wiser. What is going on in there?

• Advertisement

Did she specify what the IT issue's were...? I know that due to demand the shipping is taking a bit of extra time for the iPhone, could she have been referring to that?

-Steve

She simply said "I'm so sorry but eMobile have instructed us not to deliver any phones today because the information we are getting from them is not correct, because of this we hope to deliver them tomorrow"

My papers have been with eMobile for two fricken weeks now, I had an order in within mins of the phone going up online, my papers emailed over a few mins after that. I should have been right at the top of the queue to get this.

Advertisement