Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

LOL. Thanks for that. I am wondering about swapping providers before my current contract - with 02 - runs out.

Well if you want to...take the voucher number down from your post and ask a mod to take it down from quotes, so far as i know it's unique, has to be requested by the member of staff, and can't be used twice. It's a great offer...you'll save far more in getting it before february even if both contracts run at the same time for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭JohnnyTodd

Hi Steve,

I am almost at the end of an 18 month contract with Vodafone. I can't wait until it ends. I got an iPhone and the signal is just terrible.

Vodafone blames the area yet my missus is with Meteor and she has full strength. Vodafone gave me a sure signal box but it made very little difference.

My bills average between 180 to 300 a month due to roaming around Europe so this is not acceptable.

How competivie are your rates with reagrd to roaming? I spend 2 weeks a month out of the country.

How is your signal strength in Blackrock area of Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

floorpie wrote: »
    Well if you want to...take the voucher number down from your post and ask a mod to take it down from quotes, so far as i know it's unique, has to be requested by the member of staff, and can't be used twice. It's a great offer...you'll save far more in getting it before february even if both contracts run at the same time for a few months.

Jaysus I don't want to have TWO billpay accounts!!!!??? What do you mean ask a mod to take it down from quotes? Is that a typo?

:confused:

Also, eircom's website is ****. I am looking for a phone number to ring Eircom to talk to someone about this offer, but I can't find one???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hi Henry Ford III

Unfortunately stocks from Apple of the iPhones have been delayed and are not available as soon as we would have liked. I have been advised that there is a large delivery of iPhone stock coming in from Apple early next week, no exact date is available as yet..
    This batch of phones is to cover the existing pre orders. A second delivery of stock is due hopefully on the 22 November. This additional stock will allow us to process your orders in full.
    Those who have been advised by email of the November 22 delivery will now receive their phones earlier than we expected.
    Any orders received (and brought to our attention) are currently in process and will be despatched once this second delivery is in stock.
    We apologise for both the delay and the inconvenience caused we are doing all we can to speed your orders.
    Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the reply but I didn't order an iphone. I ordered a HTC Sensation which is in stock I think.

• Advertisement

Jaysus I don't want to have TWO billpay accounts!!!!??? What do you mean ask a mod to take it down from quotes? Is that a typo?

:confused:

Sure you'd only have the two bills for 2 months, and in the long run of the emobile bill you'd be saving 50%, that's worth a little extra at the start no?

It means, you put your voucher code up in your comment for everyone to see, and if you don't take it down, and somebody uses it, you wont be able to use it. Having said that the offer's up soon so ye better hurry.

Sure you'd only have the two bills for 2 months, and in the long run of the emobile bill you'd be saving 50%, that's worth a little extra at the start no?

It means, you put your voucher code up in your comment for everyone to see, and if you don't take it down, and somebody uses it, you wont be able to use it. Having said that the offer's up soon so ye better hurry.

Think I'll hang on until my contract with O2 is up in February. By the sounds of it, they'll f***ing fleece me to change over before the end of it....?

With this offer you'll have a 70 euro a month bill for the price of 35 a month, which over the course of the 18 month contract will save you 700e or so. If you get it tonight, it'll cost you 70-100e until February. Even if you don't use it til february when your o2 bill can be cancelled, and keep both of them until then, you'd still be saving like 600e.

Maybe i'm reading into it wrong, but it seems to me like you'd be saving money over 18 months even if you keep the o2 bill until February...?

With this offer you'll have a 70 euro a month bill for the price of 35 a month, which over the course of the 18 month contract will save you 700e or so. If you get it tonight, it'll cost you 70-100e until February. Even if you don't use it til february when your o2 bill can be cancelled, and keep both of them until then, you'd still be saving like 600e.

Maybe i'm reading into it wrong, but it seems to me like you'd be saving money over 18 months even if you keep the o2 bill until February...?

Anyone from Eircom Mobile care to shed some light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Anyone from Eircom Mobile care to shed some light on this?

You should listen to the previous posters on this. You'd be foolish not to take the offer up!....that's if your code hasn't been used by somebody else by now :p

• Advertisement

Just do it man. If your voucher mail was right you've only got til tomorrow to do it.

I think I'll forget about changing until my contract is up in Feb. I don't want to be going around with two phones for two contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Hi Steve or Tony,
    I have had my new phone for 2 days now, first 28 hours sim card couldn't be activated, now this morning I am on to customer services for 2 hours without answer. Basically I just want to get my number ported over. Please help.

Hah ok...unless your o2 bill is 1000e a month, or unless you dont need the unlimited texts/minutes, i don't see the harm though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

At long last , this morning, without warning or notification, my new phone arrived.
    I'm sure most of are saying thank Jaysus, now he will shut up...
    Thanks to Steve and Tony for all their help and the other posters who had problems etc.

Hopefully plain sailing from here on in.
    Thanks again.
    Sham. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Glad to hear it Sham. Hope you don't have to spend the next two days trying to get it ported to your own number. Very classy piece of kit.

Did DPD not give ye a call to make sure you were home?

Cheers Zenit.
    I went with a new number so had it all setup and restored within the hour.
    DPD never contacted me , although the receptionist in work dropped it to my desk so not sure if they contacted her.

Did ya not have to sign the contract? The whole process is bizarre and confusing, i'm not sure when i'll have to be home

No, didnt sign anything, Phone just got delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Treacys

Also been waiting for my iphone 4s 16gb. Ordered on Tuesday 1st Nov. Money taken out of account on same day. Got email which stated I would receive my phone within 5 working days of receipt of id and utility bill which I sent to them by return. Then noticed the price on the email wasn't the same price as that when ordering. When I ordered through the friend and family offer the phone was displayed as €149 but my receipt reads iPhone €149 and under says "Total Upfront Payments" €179. Sent an email immediately to get a phone call on Friday saying that they would look into it as my receipt couldn't and wouldn't state that! Girl kept shouting like a recorded message that everything is in the FAQs. Still haven't received a call or email back. Totally disappointed with them and beginning to think my contract with o2 isn't so bad after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpbdrogheda

Delighted for you Sham!! ENjoy the phone.

It looks like I won't have mine until after 22nd Nov. Ordered it on 31st Oct. SO its going to be at least 3 weeks wait time from order date. Seems wayyyy to long if you ask me.

It's worth the wait, not a great start with emobile that's for sure but have to say, network seems fine, listened to spotify for 45 mins on way home this evening no glitches on 3G
    Fingers crossed it stays that way.
    Don't give up hope of getting phone earlier folks.
    I was told next week or the week after but magically got it today?
    I did order on 26th though
    Best of luck
    Sham.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Hi Henry Ford III
    Apologies for delay in response, Steve is off for a few days. If you DM me your order details I can chase for you.
    Tony

Any hope of an update Tony? I got no reply to my pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Edietigr

Got iphone. Yesterday. I think emobile ordering system and customer care still have long way to go. Some individual in cs gives unturstable information just try to get you away from the phone. For me Nyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Got mine last night as well lads, now to port my number over to eMobile, Thanks to all that help and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Big thank you to DPD in their efforts to get me the phone. they went way above what I'd expected from a delivery company.

Thanks Again. Good luck

glad you got sorted ryaner777, enjoy..

I rang again (was going to cancel tbh) but got through to a lovely lady called Sorcha (rather than hold for ages I asked for a call back & she called within 3 mins).

It turns out they were looking for copy docs but hadn't informed me - i.d. & utility bill. I had somewhere read these were given to the courier at delivery time. I scanned and emailed them immediately in any event.

Let's see if they come up trumps now......

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpbdrogheda

Whats the best phone number to call eMobile on for an update on my order? I want to call them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Whats the best phone number to call eMobile on for an update on my order? I want to call them tomorrow.

I'd say 1901 is your best bet really.

Advertisement