Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Steve, I just PM'd you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Thanks for the help Steve - 100% sorted out about 1 hour after PMing you

Hello??!!! Oh Steve, where arth thou?? :p

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hello??!!! Oh Steve, where arth thou?? :p

Ha sorry I'm back, I'll check it now.:D

-Steve

Has the current friends and family offer expired? My bf works with eMobile and sai they are waiting on a new one at the moment. Do you know when this will be?

Not sure yet though when I get the details of it I'll post it up here.

-Steve

• Advertisement

Ha sorry I'm back, I'll check it now.:D

-Steve

Sound man!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Fitzinho

This has been the story of my two weeks with eMobile, no data signal. Can anything be done?!

iP4s.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

Hi Floorpie,

Spoke to disptach about this and looks like it was an error on their part. They realised this yesterday evening and put it through again so you should receive the phone tomorrow.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

-Steve

Well needless to say, the phone didn't come last week. Not only this, i'm after getting a bill for a month and a half of using the phone. Not only *that*, but for some reason i've been charged for the phone again on the bill.

So i have a bill for something like 170e, for a phone that i don't have. We've been on the phone to emobile for hours again, today, trying to get through to someone who knows what's going on. But again we're just getting told over and over "that's nothing to do with us, we'll have somebody call you back". We've heard "somebody will call you back" probably 20+ times over the course of the month, and we haven't ever had any calls back, so i'm at a total loss at what to do.

On top of that, there's the other phone, which apparently now needs a deposit (only being told several weeks after paying for it and expecting delivery, only after we spent hours and hours trying to figure out why we hadn't received it), but again, we can't get through to anybody who knows any details about this (even how to pay it if i decide to!).

I figured i'd give the process the benefit of the doubt after your post last week, but now after getting a bill, for a phone that we're being told *nothing* about, i just don't know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mike_dublin

Hi Steve
    Sent you a PM on Tuesday (15.11.) afternoon.

Just wondering if you received it as I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Thanks
    Mike

No reply yet ...

No reply yet ...

Got back to you there.

-Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How do I make my eMobile bill non-itemised? I really don't need 15 pages of logs every month.

Also the internet has been very bad over the past few days, few people on Meteor have said the same, is there a problem atm with it?

floorpie wrote: »
    Well needless to say, the phone didn't come last week. Not only this, i'm after getting a bill for a month and a half of using the phone. Not only *that*, but for some reason i've been charged for the phone again on the bill.

So i have a bill for something like 170e, for a phone that i don't have. We've been on the phone to emobile for hours again, today, trying to get through to someone who knows what's going on. But again we're just getting told over and over "that's nothing to do with us, we'll have somebody call you back". We've heard "somebody will call you back" probably 20+ times over the course of the month, and we haven't ever had any calls back, so i'm at a total loss at what to do.

On top of that, there's the other phone, which apparently now needs a deposit (only being told several weeks after paying for it and expecting delivery, only after we spent hours and hours trying to figure out why we hadn't received it), but again, we can't get through to anybody who knows any details about this (even how to pay it if i decide to!).

I figured i'd give the process the benefit of the doubt after your post last week, but now after getting a bill, for a phone that we're being told *nothing* about, i just don't know what to do.

Just an update since yesterday about the bill for the nonexistent phone.

Emobile are saying...tough! They're saying the phone was delivered, however they're also saying that there was no signature taken for the delivery, but they're saying that *somebody* got the phone, and we're getting billed for it!

So a month ago i paid 250e for a phone, 50e for another phone (for another family member), they want a 300e euro deposit, and now i've a ~200e bill for two months usage of one of the phones, aswell as recharging the price of the phone, and they're literally saying (verbatim) "it's nothing to do with us any more, the phone has been delivered and the dispute is closed". Fairly stunning.

DPD were a little more helpful, pointing out that they're aware of this very phone, and it was sent back to emobile (as Steve said), and they're waiting for another one from some communications company associated with emobile or something.

But i mean, god i don't know any more. I'd laugh at how bizarre it is if it all wasn't so frustrating and opaque.

Oh, DPD just rang us back (imagine a company ringing back :P) to say that they have the whole thing documented to show we didn't get the phone, all the way up to getting an email from emobile this morning explaining the situation, they're aware that the phone wasn't delivered, they have no stock, they're waiting for stock from Radius Communications, etc etc, but this doesn't really help us. Because Sales, Customer Care, Credit Control, Billing, Administration, as well as several managers, all say we got the phone and the bill is staying. They're actually saying we have to pay a bill for two months, and repay for the phone(i don't understand this one), even though we never got it. I don't understand it! What confuses me even more is somebody in emobile (Steve?!) is quietly trying to sort it out, while at the same time, everyone else is doing their best to push 6 (6 emobile bills in our house after these two new ones) customers away.

I guess i'll just have to wait and see :S

Little impression of the way the last few calls have gone though:

Sales: Well you got the phone, the bill isn't not our problem any more, it's a Billing issue, talk to them
    Us: Even though we didn't actually get the phone?
    Sales: Eh... *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Urgh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dubguy1010

Maybe i got you phone Floorpie!!! I ordered One in October. Got one delivered last week and another one today!!! Even though i only wanted one.

Am debating what to do now?? Will i be charged two diff bills?

dubguy1010 wrote: »
    Maybe i got you phone Floorpie!!! I ordered One in October. Got one delivered last week and another one today!!! Even though i only wanted one.

Lol, i'd be tempted to say 'keep it' to you, but i really don't know about the legalities of it! Did you not have to sign contracts for the phones or something though? Or, even just sign to confirm delivery?

Will ye go easy on the internet usage either way, the bill i got the other day was massive :P

dubguy1010 wrote: »

Is it a 64gb black iPhone? Maybe you got mine! :p I ordered mine in Oct but still waiting... :(

Hi Steve,

How do I go about canceling my order & getting a refund? It's been almost a month now since I ordered & I'm just sick of all the waiting around. I'm going to get the phone elsewhere.

How do I make my eMobile bill non-itemised? I really don't need 15 pages of logs every month.

Also the internet has been very bad over the past few days, few people on Meteor have said the same, is there a problem atm with it?

Do you want to PM me your number and I'll sort this out?

Steve

Lol, i'd be tempted to say 'keep it' to you, but i really don't know about the legalities of it! Did you not have to sign contracts for the phones or something though? Or, even just sign to confirm delivery?

Will ye go easy on the internet usage either way, the bill i got the other day was massive :P

Hi Floorpie,

Just dropped you a PM there.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

How do I go about canceling my order & getting a refund? It's been almost a month now since I ordered & I'm just sick of all the waiting around. I'm going to get the phone elsewhere.

Sorry to hear that...

I'll drop you a PM now.

-Steve

• Advertisement

Thanks Steve. I got a reassuring call from emobile this morning, before your PM, so i'm a little more happy about the whole thing now after they explained the situation a little. That's all that'd been bugging me, things happening and me not having a clue. They might be getting on top of stock/orders now Maental2000...

Thanks Steve. I got a reassuring call from emobile this morning, before your PM, so i'm a little more happy about the whole thing now after they explained the situation a little. That's all that'd been bugging me, things happening and me not having a clue. They might be getting on top of stock/orders now Maental2000...

Really?? What did they say to you that has you thinking this?

Really?? What did they say to you that has you thinking this?

Well i obviously don't know much or at all, but they only told us they don't have stock not a few days ago (i can't remember when), and now all of a sudden both of ours (two people in my family have ordered) are apparently being processed. I mean i could be wrong though. The reassuring call was more to do with the erroneous bill and a few other things.

Well i obviously don't know much or at all, but they only told us they don't have stock not a few days ago (i can't remember when), and now all of a sudden both of ours (two people in my family have ordered) are apparently being processed. I mean i could be wrong though. The reassuring call was more to do with the erroneous bill and a few other things.

Nice one, I'm glad to hear it's finally getting sorted for you anyway! Hopefully I'll hear something in the next few hrs or tomorrow, if not I'm cancelling. You'd lose the will to live with all this waiting around nonsense like :P

Nice one, I'm glad to hear it's finally getting sorted for you anyway! Hopefully I'll hear something in the next few hrs or tomorrow, if not I'm cancelling. You'd lose the will to live with all this waiting around nonsense like :P

Personally i wouldn't mind waiting *at all* if they just said to me, without me having to ask, "it's going to be a month before you get it". At least then i could make a proper decision, instead of just not knowing what's happening and getting frustrated in the meantime. Sure see what happens i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Hi Steve.

I signed up with emobile in September for select unlimited talk & text,
    12 month contract for €54 (as I'm an eircom customer (brought a bill when ordering in store)).

I've since received two bills and looking through them realised that I'm being charged €64 a month.

Could you check to see why that is?
    (sent you a pm with my details)

Thanks.

Personally i wouldn't mind waiting *at all* if they just said to me, without me having to ask, "it's going to be a month before you get it". At least then i could make a proper decision, instead of just not knowing what's happening and getting frustrated in the meantime. Sure see what happens i guess.

I totally agree. It's like when you order a taxi & they tell you it'll be 5mins, but 15mins later there's no sign of it & when you ring they get cranky & tell you they're on the way. If only they would tell you from the start just how long it's going to be then it wouldn't be so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Hi Steve,

Do you offer any Data Sim package? Over 10GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi Steve,

Would you have the number of the cancellations team ?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

*sigh* Ok, just to continue the saga and maybe warn some people.

They cancelled one of our orders without notification. They didn't tell us this, they just did it and said, after hours of calls to figure out what was happening, "you told us to cancel it" (we didn't).

Today, after calling for ages again, a nice guy said...and i'm not sure if i'm explaining this right because it sounds bizarre to me...that we have 14 days to ask for a refund or we don't get a refund, on the phone that we never received, a phone which they said came to our house twice but DPD (who have been really nice) say that they never sent it out, on an order that was cancelled, without telling us. We can't get the offer we were initially trying to get (and which we were well within the time-limit for), because we don't have an order anymore and we've gone past the time-limit.

Oh and the funniest thing is, the nice guy said "it says here you have to call someone called ABC (it was a different three letter acronym, not a full name) to cancel your order within 14 days or you don't get a refund", and we said "Oh? Who's ABC and how do we contact them?", "i don't know!". :S

They're still looking for a deposit on the other phone, fine, but how can i pay it now after this?

The whole thing's very weird. We never wanted to cancel the order. All i wanted was a phone :'(

Advertisement