Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

So I just thought I'd let ye know that my iPhone came there a few mins ago FINALLY. There was no email sent to me with a tracking number, it just arrived!
    I was just about to ring them up and cancel when it arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭floorpie

So I just thought I'd let ye know that my iPhone came there a few mins ago FINALLY. There was no email sent to me with a tracking number, it just arrived!
    I was just about to ring them up and cancel when it arrived!

Lucky! Stay at home tomorrow and you might get another one like dubguy1010 did :o

floorpie wrote: »
    Lucky! Stay at home tomorrow and you might get another one like dubguy1010 did :o

Ha ha ha ha ha! I'd be in my element :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

How do I make my eMobile bill non-itemised? I really don't need 15 pages of logs every month.

Also the internet has been very bad over the past few days, few people on Meteor have said the same, is there a problem atm with it?

Do you want to PM me your number and I'll sort this out?

Steve

I sent this a while ago, PMed you and no reply yet.

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

I sent this a while ago, PMed you and no reply yet.

Sorry Gavin, that was done though you'll see this on your next bill.

-Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Hi Steve. Just got my first bill and it came with a slip in it explaining the bill.

Am I understanding it correctly that I entered my contract halfway through a month and today the bill I received is a bill for both my previous half month, and a pre-payment for the upcoming month? Got a mini heart attack when I opened the bill as the lady in customer care who I talked to about 2 weeks ago said my first bill would be half the regular monthly bill as I entered halfway through the month. Expected my bill to be about €40 and it was €132!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi Steve,

I have been trying to contact the cancellations department on 01 4115846. It rings for 2 - 3 mins then cuts off ??? I cant speak to any body !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Luke1999

Hi Steve,

You may be able to help me as I can't get any information from E mobile customer care.

Myself and my girlfriends phones were both cut off on Wednesday with no warning.

The only explaination we have recieved is that it is a security reason. The only way we can get the reason why is by sending a written letter to the head office asking for an explaination.

We sent the letter yesterday. We still have heard no feedback.

If we don't get any today, I guess we will have no phones until Monday at least. It has already been nearly 48 hours phoneless. We both use our phones for work. My girlfriend had to buy a ready to go phone just to keep her going.

A letter in this day and age is a bit mad, how long should we have to go without our phones and not even an explaination??

Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shaviebeby

Hi Steve,

I have recently signed up to a 2 year contract. I will receive the new iphone 4s tomorrow. However, I already have the iphone 4 and I would like to give the 4s to my girlfriend. Can this be done, is there some unlocking thing I must do first?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi Steve,
    I sent you a PM regarding my first bill over a week ago and no reply?
    Could you check it out for me when you get a chance please?
    Thanks
    Brian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Steve does not seem to reply to any messages or threads for that matter.

See here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75872809

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mike_dublin

@eMobile

Not sure why you have the forum here or on your own website as there seems to be more questions being left unanswered than getting resolved.
    And if you allow users to send PM's you should at least acknowledge them and reply.

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

I have been trying to contact the cancellations department on 01 4115846. It rings for 2 - 3 mins then cuts off ??? I cant speak to any body !?

Hi shivers27
    Sorry for delay in replying here. Did you get this resolved? If you PM me your details I can follow up for you but you will have had to requested cancellation through cancellations. If the above number did not work for you can you also try 1800 690 00 and they can put you through to correct section.
    Tony

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi Steve,
    Could you check it out for me when you get a chance please?
    Thanks
    Brian.

Hi Sham69
    yes Steve off I'm afraid. I have seen your post and new PM. I hope to be back to you tomorrow. Sorry again for the delay in responding.
    Tony

@eMobile

Not sure why you have the forum here or on your own website as there seems to be more questions being left unanswered than getting resolved.
    And if you allow users to send PM's you should at least acknowledge them and reply.

You are correct mike_dublin apologies for delay I am dealing with these now. There are a few so bear with me, I will get to each PM.
    Tony

Hi Steve. Just got my first bill and it came with a slip in it explaining the bill.

Am I understanding it correctly that I entered my contract halfway through a month and today the bill I received is a bill for both my previous half month, and a pre-payment for the upcoming month? Got a mini heart attack when I opened the bill as the lady in customer care who I talked to about 2 weeks ago said my first bill would be half the regular monthly bill as I entered halfway through the month. Expected my bill to be about €40 and it was €132!

Hi SilverSparkle
    it is correct that you may have entered contract halfway through but that does seem high. Can you PM me your details. ( tel no and account)
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 humpysomething

Hi Steve,

Wondering if you could help me here. I entered an 18 month contract with the family and friends offer in November. I was lead to believe that the 50% discounts applied for the full 18 months of the contract and could continue on once the person was still employed by Eircom.

Now when I see my first bill, it says the discount is only for 12 months. I was speaking to a customer care person earlier and she couldn't help me. Unless I could find something to prove the 18 months offer, it stays as 12 months. Have emobile changed the conditions?

I have the email with the original offer and it says a saving of over €700, that makes sense with the 18 month offer.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Steve,

Wondering if you could help me here. I entered an 18 month contract with the family and friends offer in November. I was lead to believe that the 50% discounts applied for the full 18 months of the contract and could continue on once the person was still employed by Eircom.

Now when I see my first bill, it says the discount is only for 12 months. I was speaking to a customer care person earlier and she couldn't help me. Unless I could find something to prove the 18 months offer, it stays as 12 months. Have emobile changed the conditions?

I have the email with the original offer and it says a saving of over €700, that makes sense with the 18 month offer.

Thanks.

Hi humpysomething
    Can you PM me your tel no. and account and will check into this for you .
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lub006

Hi Steve,

To add to my previous issue, which eMobile didn't want to know about.... I ended up taking the 2nd mobile phone contract...

I was using iTunes last night, I assumed my mother ordered 2 iPhone 4(s). It works out she didn't, my one is the iPhone 4. But her one is an iPhone 4(s). I got her to double check the back of the phone for the model number.... It turns out eMobile have sent her an iPhone 4.

Honestly, what sort of set up is going on there??? She is signed onto a bill that is unlimited with iPhone 4(s)... She does not have that....

What happens there??

lubb06

Hi Steve,

Thanks.
    Hi humpysomething
    Have just PM'd you expllanation, but can confirm that you are indeed on the 18 month plan.
    Regards
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

had a number with emobile back in may as a test to see what network was like, left in July or so, ( was 30 day sim only contract )

to this day they are still sending me bills, and despite 3 calls to customer care, the bills still arive, despite me not having service with them since July.

what a shambles of an organization.

LH2011 wrote: »
    had a number with emobile back in may as a test to see what network was like, left in July or so, ( was 30 day sim only contract )

to this day they are still sending me bills, and despite 3 calls to customer care, the bills still arive, despite me not having service with them since July.

what a shambles of an organization.

Hi LH2011
    if this issue has not been resolved for you please let me know. I can chase this again for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

I wonder if some of the eircom/emobile guys can help with this?

I called emobile from abroad the other day to check why my roaming wasn't working and was told that I had to pay a €60 charge to enable it. This surprised me as I've roamed with at least 5 other providers in the UK and Ireland and have never been asked for this. I was even more surprised to find out that this was not even a deposit but an outright non-refundable charge to use my phone abroad.

Being a bill pay customer, who also has an eircom land line with broadband package, I told your colleague over the phone that I was extremely unhappy with this charge especially considering that our household gives eircom and emobile around €150 per month as it is. I asked him to reconsider it but he said it could not be avoided.

I am still abroad an unable to make or receive calls over with my family over the Christmas period. I am quite angry about this and am willing to move my mobile contract, landline and broadband away from eircom on my return over this.

I would appreciate any response that you may have.

Many thanks,
    heybert

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Hey,
    I'm wondering when the white iPhone 4s 16gb will be back in stock online for Billpay, I'm not usually fussy about the colours of things but I'd love a white iPhone! Have been waiting quite a while now though so might just go with another provider!

heybert wrote: »
    I wonder if some of the eircom/emobile guys can help with this?

I called emobile from abroad the other day to check why my roaming wasn't working and was told that I had to pay a €60 charge to enable it. This surprised me as I've roamed with at least 5 other providers in the UK and Ireland and have never been asked for this. I was even more surprised to find out that this was not even a deposit but an outright non-refundable charge to use my phone abroad.

Being a bill pay customer, who also has an eircom land line with broadband package, I told your colleague over the phone that I was extremely unhappy with this charge especially considering that our household gives eircom and emobile around €150 per month as it is. I asked him to reconsider it but he said it could not be avoided.

I am still abroad an unable to make or receive calls over with my family over the Christmas period. I am quite angry about this and am willing to move my mobile contract, landline and broadband away from eircom on my return over this.

I would appreciate any response that you may have.

Many thanks,
    heybert

Hi heybert
    Yes it is possible that a charge may be applied. To have roaming activated you would either have had to have paid two bills or to pay a deposit of €60. If you had paid more than 2 bills with us there should be no charge.
    Tony

sarah. wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm wondering when the white iPhone 4s 16gb will be back in stock online for Billpay, I'm not usually fussy about the colours of things but I'd love a white iPhone! Have been waiting quite a while now though so might just go with another provider!

Hi sarah
    I can see that this is now online in white. See this link here.
    Let me know if any further query.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

Hi heybert
    Yes it is possible that a charge may be applied. To have roaming activated you would either have had to have paid two bills or to pay a deposit of €60. If you had paid more than 2 bills with us there should be no charge.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

I have paid two bills however your colleague didn't recognise this as enough to enable roaming nor did he accept that the €60 would be a deposit. He wanted it to be a non-refundable charge for simply enabling roaming, which is totally unacceptable IMO.

I appreciate you getting back to me but your colleagues have really let me down as I return to Ireland now without the use of my phone for over 2 weeks at a time when it was really required.

Hi Steve,

I left a massive rant on emobile's facebook page yesterday. You commented on it asking for my number, and Sorcha commented 4 hours ago saying that she passed on my number to you. Could you please call me today so I can get this sorted once and for all?

Thanks ,
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 7 James2012

Hi Steve/Tony,
    Hoping you can help out with an issue I have with emobile broadband billing from last year.
    Since reception isn't good at ground level where I'm living, I'm using a 3g wifi router upstairs so the bundled software doesn't pick up usage. I needed a way to check my usage so rang support to check my online pin and also at the time asked what would be the charge for additional usage on top of the 10GB which I was told would be 50c per GB which I thought was great so didn't worry at the time about going over the allowance. At the time when my usage was more than 10GB, my online account wasn't showing any extra charge which I thought meant this was fine.
    Of course, when I got my bill, rather than being for around 15 euro, it was 130 Euro! I rang support again and couple of days later a supervisor rang and first asked me who I had spoken to initially and what their name was. I didn't keep these details which the supervisor seemed happy with since then he could say that there was nothing he could do. Does emobile not have a way to track down calls based on account number? Conversation rapidly deteriorated at this point and I am under no illusion that if the bill had being for 1000, the supervisor would have been even happier.
    Naturally I feel hard done by since I believe this is excess charging based off misinformation from emobile support, poor online functionality relating to billing, poor bundled software and poor reception at ground level. Hoping you can help out on this in some way?

Admittedly I have been slow to follow up on this but reason it's back in my mind at the moment is that in the current period I have already been billed for a data addon of 3GB but it's not showing up on my online account. I rang support again about this and was told it must be a glitch in the system and that I'm definitely subscribed to it. Naturally at this point I in no way trust anything said over the phone and will not use any of the additional 3GB since I'm certain that I will end up with bill for normal amount plus 60 Euro and don't want to waste more of my time on the phone to support so prefer to lose the 5 euro I paid for the addon.

BR
    James

• Advertisement

Hi Steve,

I left a massive rant on emobile's facebook page yesterday. You commented on it asking for my number, and Sorcha commented 4 hours ago saying that she passed on my number to you. Could you please call me today so I can get this sorted once and for all?

Thanks ,
    Martin

Hi Martin
    I have spoken with Steve and he asked if you could let me know a good time for him to give you a call. Could you PM me the best contact number for you?
    Thanks
    Tony

Advertisement