Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

James2012 wrote: »
    Hi Steve/Tony,
    Hoping you can help out with an issue I have with emobile broadband billing from last year.
    Since reception isn't good at ground level where I'm living, I'm using a 3g wifi router upstairs so the bundled software doesn't pick up usage. I needed a way to check my usage so rang support to check my online pin and also at the time asked what would be the charge for additional usage on top of the 10GB which I was told would be 50c per GB which I thought was great so didn't worry at the time about going over the allowance. At the time when my usage was more than 10GB, my online account wasn't showing any extra charge which I thought meant this was fine.
    Of course, when I got my bill, rather than being for around 15 euro, it was 130 Euro! I rang support again and couple of days later a supervisor rang and first asked me who I had spoken to initially and what their name was. I didn't keep these details which the supervisor seemed happy with since then he could say that there was nothing he could do. Does emobile not have a way to track down calls based on account number? Conversation rapidly deteriorated at this point and I am under no illusion that if the bill had being for 1000, the supervisor would have been even happier.
    Naturally I feel hard done by since I believe this is excess charging based off misinformation from emobile support, poor online functionality relating to billing, poor bundled software and poor reception at ground level. Hoping you can help out on this in some way?

Admittedly I have been slow to follow up on this but reason it's back in my mind at the moment is that in the current period I have already been billed for a data addon of 3GB but it's not showing up on my online account. I rang support again about this and was told it must be a glitch in the system and that I'm definitely subscribed to it. Naturally at this point I in no way trust anything said over the phone and will not use any of the additional 3GB since I'm certain that I will end up with bill for normal amount plus 60 Euro and don't want to waste more of my time on the phone to support so prefer to lose the 5 euro I paid for the addon.

BR
    James

Hi James
    I can understand your frustration here. Can you PM me your tel no and pin and I will chase this issue for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Hey I posted earlier about the availability of white iPhone's (must be 16GB 4s) online! they are still not in stock but if I went into an e-mobile store would they have stock instore? Or if something isn't available online is it definitely not going to be in stock elsewhere? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Hi Martin
    I have spoken with Steve and he asked if you could let me know a good time for him to give you a call. Could you PM me the best contact number for you?
    Thanks
    Tony

I just PM'd you there Tony. Thanks!

Hi Martin
    I have spoken with Steve and he asked if you could let me know a good time for him to give you a call. Could you PM me the best contact number for you?
    Thanks
    Tony

Is there any chance of me ever getting this phone call? Does Steve have a direct number that I can contact him on? I'm so fed up of dealing with you emobile :mad: I'd really like to just get all this sorted once and for all. Is that really too much to ask??!!

sarah. wrote: »
    Hey I posted earlier about the availability of white iPhone's (must be 16GB 4s) online! they are still not in stock but if I went into an e-mobile store would they have stock instore? Or if something isn't available online is it definitely not going to be in stock elsewhere? Thank you.

Hi Sarah
    I have checked online again and called online I am afraid that I do not have a date for availablilty of the white 16GB iPhone 4s. It is worth checking with your local store to see if available there. You can find nearest store on this link. Hope this helps.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Is there any chance of me ever getting this phone call? Does Steve have a direct number that I can contact him on? I'm so fed up of dealing with you emobile :mad: I'd really like to just get all this sorted once and for all. Is that really too much to ask??!!

Hi Martin
    I know that Steve is chasing this and have passed your contact details to him. You will receive a call soon. My apologies for the delay in receiving this.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

HI Tony,
    I am waiting on a reply back also.
    Sent you an updated PM.
    Thanks.

Hi Maental2000
    Steve has tried to get in contact with you again this afternoon. He left a voicemail with details.
    If you did not get this let m eknow.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jo_dy

Just before Christmas I called eMobile to sign up to one of their pay monthly offers, and was buying a new phone with them also.
    However, after paying a €70 deposit and promises of receiving the phone in the next two days, nothing came through.
    So, I called their sales team who told me that my order had been cancelled (thanks to them for telling me. NOT!!). They asked did I want to place another order with them, but as it was so close to Christmas and the phone was a present I asked for my money back. I was told them that the refund had already been processed and that I should have the money in my account within three working days. This was fine.

However after three days, there was no money in my account. But it was nearly Christmas so I just decided to leave it until after the new year. After a refund never showed up in my account, I decided to call them..However I was now dealing with the Customer Service department and no longer the Sales Department. The Customer Service people we extremely rude to me and I was hung up on several times. I wrote a number of emails to complain and see could I get my money back. However my emails seem to have been apparently ignored.

I've called since, and never seem to get anywhere, always told that the people I needed to speak to were unavailable or closed for the day, or otherwise. I requested to speak to supervisors, and management, but wasn't permitted.

I eventually did get a call back, and was promised the money would again be in my account in three days.

It has now been five days, and still no money. I'm absolutely exhausted at the thoughts of calling them again as every other time I have been on hold for hours and have had to deal with rude and incompetent "customer service" people.

I just want my money back. Is there anything more I can do??? I would really appreciate any advice from anybody!

jo_dy wrote: »
    Just before Christmas I called eMobile to sign up to one of their pay monthly offers, and was buying a new phone with them also.
    However, after paying a €70 deposit and promises of receiving the phone in the next two days, nothing came through.
    So, I called their sales team who told me that my order had been cancelled (thanks to them for telling me. NOT!!). They asked did I want to place another order with them, but as it was so close to Christmas and the phone was a present I asked for my money back. I was told them that the refund had already been processed and that I should have the money in my account within three working days. This was fine.

However after three days, there was no money in my account. But it was nearly Christmas so I just decided to leave it until after the new year. After a refund never showed up in my account, I decided to call them..However I was now dealing with the Customer Service department and no longer the Sales Department. The Customer Service people we extremely rude to me and I was hung up on several times. I wrote a number of emails to complain and see could I get my money back. However my emails seem to have been apparently ignored.

I've called since, and never seem to get anywhere, always told that the people I needed to speak to were unavailable or closed for the day, or otherwise. I requested to speak to supervisors, and management, but wasn't permitted.

I eventually did get a call back, and was promised the money would again be in my account in three days.

It has now been five days, and still no money. I'm absolutely exhausted at the thoughts of calling them again as every other time I have been on hold for hours and have had to deal with rude and incompetent "customer service" people.

I just want my money back. Is there anything more I can do??? I would really appreciate any advice from anybody!

Hi jo_dy
    My apologies, you should definitely have been contacted re this issue. Can you PM me your tel no, any order number you may have received and your full name and address. I will investigate this and get back to you as soon as possible.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi jo_dy
    My apologies, you should definitely have been contacted re this issue. Can you PM me your tel no, any order number you may have received and your full name and address. I will investigate this and get back to you as soon as possible.
    Tony

Thanks Tony,
    I've PM'd that info to you now. I'd really appreciate if you could resolve this issue for me. I can also forward you the complaint emails I've sent which have been ignored also?

Hi Maental2000
    Steve has tried to get in contact with you again this afternoon. He left a voicemail with details.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

I appreciate you following this up. He did leave a voicemail alright and told me to post on emobile's facebook page as to when he should ring again, I did this yesterday and Sorcha commented back this morning saying that she passed my message onto him. I haven't received a call yet. Perhaps he'll ring tomorrow?!

Cheers,
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

just a quick question, got my emobile bill this morning and the figures do not add up correctly ie while it says that i am being charge 23% Vat, when i work out the figures I am actually being charged in excess of 27% Vat

My bill is 17.67
    Vat @23% 4.79
    total 22.46

Except 23% of 17.67 is E4.064
    whereas 27% of 17.67 is E4.77 (so actually being charged in excess of 27%)

now while my figures are small, given the potential value of bills issued in one month by Emobile, they could in effect be overcharging up to E40,000 per E1,000,000 worth of calls

love to hear your comments!!

of course, given that i (a mere housewife currently) have brought this "glitch" to your attention, and the current state of unemployment, escalating household expenses etc etc etc, i think a goodwill gesture (of the monetary variety) would be MOST WELCOME for alerting you to this serious anomaly

Hi Tony,

I still haven't received a call. After today, I won't be free to receive a call again until next Thursday. Do you have a direct number that I can ring Steve on? It doesn't even have to be Steve, just somebody in a position of some bit of authority because I'm sick of getting the run around. Failing all this, I will be contacting my bank to block emobile's direct debit coming out of my account.

Thanks,
    Martin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

Hi Steve,

PM sent witha query, regards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭scully74

just a quick question, got my emobile bill this morning and the figures do not add up correctly ie while it says that i am being charge 23% Vat, when i work out the figures I am actually being charged in excess of 27% Vat

My bill is 17.67
    Vat @23% 4.79
    total 22.46

Except 23% of 17.67 is E4.064
    whereas 27% of 17.67 is E4.77 (so actually being charged in excess of 27%)

now while my figures are small, given the potential value of bills issued in one month by Emobile, they could in effect be overcharging up to E40,000 per E1,000,000 worth of calls

love to hear your comments!!

of course, given that i (a mere housewife currently) have brought this "glitch" to your attention, and the current state of unemployment, escalating household expenses etc etc etc, i think a goodwill gesture (of the monetary variety) would be MOST WELCOME for alerting you to this serious anomaly

If this is true, i think a report to comreg is required this could be a national issue, I must check my latest bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 locater7

hi
    am a small business user
    3 mobile numbers-one heavy enough-other two periodlicy-pay as you go i guess
    also landline,broadband at home
    currently o2
    thinking of changing-but its not easy--all the networks seem the same really-its just at home/office the o2 signal is not good

eMobile,

I WANT MY REFUND....ITS BEEN 30 DAYS NOW!!!
    Regarding my order number SO493517 (from the 15th of December)
    After several phone calls, several unanswered emails, rude staff, and lies - I have had just about enough of eMobile.
    I have been speaking with your customer care department far too many times for me to even have count of, some of them are without a doubt the rudest people that I have ever spoken with.
    Your sales department people are perfectly professional and polite, however, your customer care department leave a LOT to be desired.

I am simply sick and tired of calling eMobile only to be treated terribly and hung up on. As all of your calls are recoded I am confident that you can listen back and hear how polite and patient I have been when faced with your simply incompetent staff.
    Just when I thought I was getting somewhere, when on Thursday, ‘Gerard’ called and was full of apologies, and offered me my €70 back with a little extra as a gesture of good will, this should have appeared in my account within “three working days”. Guess what? No refund. I was also transferring money from my bank account in the UK on that Thursday and that takes longer to transfer than Irish bank accounts, now that money is in my account, but none from eMobile. So has Gerard called me up to lie to me?

I have sent numerous emails to your complaints department, your customer care department, your sales department, your management department - none of which have been replied to.

Unfortunately I have had no other option but to pursue legal action and will be contacting my solicitor by the end of the week unless I receive further correspondence and a satisfactory outcome from you by Friday.
    I will also be lodging a complaint with the National Consumer Agency.
    While speaking with them (the NCA) on the phone today I was advised that if I still fail to receive my refund after 30 days, then you are in breach of legislation and therefore are BREAKING THE LAW.

Needless to say I would never recommend any of my friends or family to switch to eMobile. You have shown the WORST “service” (for want of a better word) of any company that I have ever dealt with. I am also looking at changing our home phone service from Eircom to an alternative provider - one who is not affiliated with such a horrible service as eMobile.

Anticipating a reply as soon as possible…

Jody

As it has now been 30 days, I am in the process of lodging a complaint with the NCA. and Tony, you advised me in a PM that my refund was issued on the 6th of January...its now the 17th...where is it because it sure as hell is not in my bank account!!

jo_dy wrote: »
    eMobile,

I WANT MY REFUND....ITS BEEN 30 DAYS NOW!!!
    Regarding my order number SO493517 (from the 15th of December)
    After several phone calls, several unanswered emails, rude staff, and lies - I have had just about enough of eMobile.
    I have been speaking with your customer care department far too many times for me to even have count of, some of them are without a doubt the rudest people that I have ever spoken with.
    Your sales department people are perfectly professional and polite, however, your customer care department leave a LOT to be desired.

I am simply sick and tired of calling eMobile only to be treated terribly and hung up on. As all of your calls are recoded I am confident that you can listen back and hear how polite and patient I have been when faced with your simply incompetent staff.
    Just when I thought I was getting somewhere, when on Thursday, ‘Gerard’ called and was full of apologies, and offered me my €70 back with a little extra as a gesture of good will, this should have appeared in my account within “three working days”. Guess what? No refund. I was also transferring money from my bank account in the UK on that Thursday and that takes longer to transfer than Irish bank accounts, now that money is in my account, but none from eMobile. So has Gerard called me up to lie to me?

I have sent numerous emails to your complaints department, your customer care department, your sales department, your management department - none of which have been replied to.

Unfortunately I have had no other option but to pursue legal action and will be contacting my solicitor by the end of the week unless I receive further correspondence and a satisfactory outcome from you by Friday.
    I will also be lodging a complaint with the National Consumer Agency.
    While speaking with them (the NCA) on the phone today I was advised that if I still fail to receive my refund after 30 days, then you are in breach of legislation and therefore are BREAKING THE LAW.

Needless to say I would never recommend any of my friends or family to switch to eMobile. You have shown the WORST “service” (for want of a better word) of any company that I have ever dealt with. I am also looking at changing our home phone service from Eircom to an alternative provider - one who is not affiliated with such a horrible service as eMobile.

Anticipating a reply as soon as possible…

Jody

As it has now been 30 days, I am in the process of lodging a complaint with the NCA. and Tony, you advised me in a PM that my refund was issued on the 6th of January...its now the 17th...where is it because it sure as hell is not in my bank account!!

Hi Jo_dy
    re telephone conversation earlier, apologies for the delay but I can absolutley confirm that the refund was processed on this date. Unfortunately it can take up to 10 working days before account received monies. I have again chased credit control and have been assured this should be in your accopunt by Thur this week. Let me know if this is not the case.
    Tony

locater7 wrote: »
    hi
    am a small business user
    3 mobile numbers-one heavy enough-other two periodlicy-pay as you go i guess
    also landline,broadband at home
    currently o2
    thinking of changing-but its not easy--all the networks seem the same really-its just at home/office the o2 signal is not good

Hi locater7
    if there is any information you require regarding any of our services or information re products just let me know. Happy to provide this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

Hi Folks,

When i signed up to emobile back in october i did so as part of you 3 months free offer. However each month I've recevied a bill and been charged the full ammount. Each time i've received the bill I rang customer care to point out that i'm supposed to be receiving 3 months free and each time i've heard a different story.
    Month 1
    I was told that they had forgot to apply the discount and that it would be activated and my next 3 months were free. I asked could they not charge for that month but they said they couldn't as it was already in their system that the money would be going out on that date but assured me it would be applied from then on. Instead of kicking up a fuss I just said ok i'll pay this month.
    Month 2
    This time I ring customer care and I'm told that the 3 month discounts are being applied until after Christmas. I asked howcome I wasn't told this when I signed up or when I rang with an identical query the previous month. The agent on the phone assured me that this was an error on their part and I should have been told but the discount would definately be applied from after Christmas. Again I agreed to pay that month.

Month 3
    I've just received another bill, again for the full ammount.
    This time when i rang customer care the agent on the phone told me that the discount was being applied. I asked them to explain this to me and they said that the section of the bill that said "last payment received 76cr" was the refund. I asked her if that was being deducted
    1. Why didn't it say "refund" or "Credit" or anything that might indicate it was anything other than just a note that to say my last bill.
    2. Why was my "total due this month" 82€

They repeated that the CR meant the ammount was refunded by eventually accepted that there was no refund reflected in the total due.

She assured me that a customer care supervisor would ring me back within 24-48 hours.

I'm concered that Emobile are going to try and tell me that i'm not eligible for this discount. I'm genuinely shocked at how poor this whole experience has been. For a communications company emobiles communication skills are extremely poor

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rugbydude

Hi,
    Does anyone out there know is Eircom accountable to any statutory authority, and more importantly is the authority of any help?

Hi Folks,

When i signed up to emobile back in october i did so as part of you 3 months free offer. However each month I've recevied a bill and been charged the full ammount. Each time i've received the bill I rang customer care to point out that i'm supposed to be receiving 3 months free and each time i've heard a different story.
    Month 1
    I was told that they had forgot to apply the discount and that it would be activated and my next 3 months were free. I asked could they not charge for that month but they said they couldn't as it was already in their system that the money would be going out on that date but assured me it would be applied from then on. Instead of kicking up a fuss I just said ok i'll pay this month.
    Month 2
    This time I ring customer care and I'm told that the 3 month discounts are being applied until after Christmas. I asked howcome I wasn't told this when I signed up or when I rang with an identical query the previous month. The agent on the phone assured me that this was an error on their part and I should have been told but the discount would definately be applied from after Christmas. Again I agreed to pay that month.

Month 3
    I've just received another bill, again for the full ammount.
    This time when i rang customer care the agent on the phone told me that the discount was being applied. I asked them to explain this to me and they said that the section of the bill that said "last payment received 76cr" was the refund. I asked her if that was being deducted
    1. Why didn't it say "refund" or "Credit" or anything that might indicate it was anything other than just a note that to say my last bill.
    2. Why was my "total due this month" 82€

They repeated that the CR meant the ammount was refunded by eventually accepted that there was no refund reflected in the total due.

She assured me that a customer care supervisor would ring me back within 24-48 hours.

I'm concered that Emobile are going to try and tell me that i'm not eligible for this discount. I'm genuinely shocked at how poor this whole experience has been. For a communications company emobiles communication skills are extremely poor

Hi PelicanLegend
    I have responded to yoru post on 2 other threads. If you PM me your details ( tel and pin no) I can investigate this for you and will be able to get this resolved.
    Tony

rugbydude wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone out there know is Eircom accountable to any statutory authority, and more importantly is the authority of any help?

Hi rugbydude
    yes, communications industry is regulated and accountable. If you do have any issue or if you have been unable to get your issue resolved let me know and I can certainly escalate and highlight this to appropriate managers.
    If you PM me your details including issue and tel, pin number I will investigate immediately.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7 James2012

Hi Tony,
    Been a couple of weeks since I PM'ed you my details. Do you think you'll get a chance to look at the issue soon?

Thanks
    James

James2012 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    Been a couple of weeks since I PM'ed you my details. Do you think you'll get a chance to look at the issue soon?

Thanks
    James

Hi James
    yes you should have had word by this:confused:
    I am chasing now and will get update for you today.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mike_dublin

Hi Tony
    Will send you a PM about a 'credit' bill for my account.

Thanks
    Mike

Hi Maental2000
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

I appreciate you following this up. He did leave a voicemail alright and told me to post on emobile's facebook page as to when he should ring again, I did this yesterday and Sorcha commented back this morning saying that she passed my message onto him. I haven't received a call yet. Perhaps he'll ring tomorrow?!

Cheers,
    Martin
    Hi Tony,

I still haven't received a call. After today, I won't be free to receive a call again until next Thursday. Do you have a direct number that I can ring Steve on? It doesn't even have to be Steve, just somebody in a position of some bit of authority because I'm sick of getting the run around. Failing all this, I will be contacting my bank to block emobile's direct debit coming out of my account.

Thanks,
    Martin

Hi Tony,

I still haven't received a call from Steve. Is there any sign of this actually happening? I have now instructed my bank to block emobile's direct debit out of my account. I am conscious that this might end up having a negative impact on my credit rating so if I can't get this resolved with ye this week I intend on taking emobile to Small Claims Court. I would much rather do this amicably though.

Thanks,
    Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MsHorse

I know this is a small thing, compared to some of the complaints here but I moved to eMobile last year and it was like taking a step back in time about 10 years when it comes to customer service.

My voicemail isn't working.
    Its all fine, being dealt with but the experience was not very smooth and eMobile could fix a few simple problems to make things easier for the paying customer.

I phoned, couldn't navigate the phone options to a sensible choice.
    What about a simple, easy to navigate menu please?
    I eventually got through to someone, who took my details, went off to check the problem. I waited 10 minutes and the call dropped, did the person who dropped the call phone me back despite having my details which obviously included my phone number. No.
    Wouldn't that be a nice simple and easily implemented process fix? If you lose the call, call back.
    I decided to try the web interface. It said welcome to Meteor, what I said I am eMobile. Am I in the wrong place?
    Simple fix number 3. Change the text, say welcome to eMobile.
    Anyway got through to someone. They confirmed they could help eMobile customers too. Explained the problem. They looked into the problem and came back to say it will be passed to the tech dept and fixed within 24 hours.
    Grand I said will you be informing me via email or text when its fixed. No the lad said, we dont do that, you can just keep checking for yourself to see if the mailbox is working.
    How long does a text take?

My conclusion, obviously eMobile values their agents time more than it values my custom.

Mind you there are other drawbacks to eMobile too - the biggest one being that the roaming charges are phenomenal and they really aren't a viable option for people travelling abroad regularly.

• Advertisement

MsHorse wrote: »
    I know this is a small thing, compared to some of the complaints here but I moved to eMobile last year and it was like taking a step back in time about 10 years when it comes to customer service.

My voicemail isn't working.
    Its all fine, being dealt with but the experience was not very smooth and eMobile could fix a few simple problems to make things easier for the paying customer.

I phoned, couldn't navigate the phone options to a sensible choice.
    What about a simple, easy to navigate menu please?
    I eventually got through to someone, who took my details, went off to check the problem. I waited 10 minutes and the call dropped, did the person who dropped the call phone me back despite having my details which obviously included my phone number. No.
    Wouldn't that be a nice simple and easily implemented process fix? If you lose the call, call back.
    I decided to try the web interface. It said welcome to Meteor, what I said I am eMobile. Am I in the wrong place?
    Simple fix number 3. Change the text, say welcome to eMobile.
    Anyway got through to someone. They confirmed they could help eMobile customers too. Explained the problem. They looked into the problem and came back to say it will be passed to the tech dept and fixed within 24 hours.
    Grand I said will you be informing me via email or text when its fixed. No the lad said, we dont do that, you can just keep checking for yourself to see if the mailbox is working.
    How long does a text take?

My conclusion, obviously eMobile values their agents time more than it values my custom.

Mind you there are other drawbacks to eMobile too - the biggest one being that the roaming charges are phenomenal and they really aren't a viable option for people travelling abroad regularly.

They are the pits! The WORST company I have ever had the misfortune of coming across. And I was on 3 - and we all know of the bad image they have had.

Advertisement