Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

MsHorse wrote: »
    I know this is a small thing, compared to some of the complaints here but I moved to eMobile last year and it was like taking a step back in time about 10 years when it comes to customer service.

My voicemail isn't working.
    Its all fine, being dealt with but the experience was not very smooth and eMobile could fix a few simple problems to make things easier for the paying customer.

I phoned, couldn't navigate the phone options to a sensible choice.
    What about a simple, easy to navigate menu please?
    I eventually got through to someone, who took my details, went off to check the problem. I waited 10 minutes and the call dropped, did the person who dropped the call phone me back despite having my details which obviously included my phone number. No.
    Wouldn't that be a nice simple and easily implemented process fix? If you lose the call, call back.
    I decided to try the web interface. It said welcome to Meteor, what I said I am eMobile. Am I in the wrong place?
    Simple fix number 3. Change the text, say welcome to eMobile.
    Anyway got through to someone. They confirmed they could help eMobile customers too. Explained the problem. They looked into the problem and came back to say it will be passed to the tech dept and fixed within 24 hours.
    Grand I said will you be informing me via email or text when its fixed. No the lad said, we dont do that, you can just keep checking for yourself to see if the mailbox is working.
    How long does a text take?

My conclusion, obviously eMobile values their agents time more than it values my custom.

Mind you there are other drawbacks to eMobile too - the biggest one being that the roaming charges are phenomenal and they really aren't a viable option for people travelling abroad regularly.

Hi MsHorse
    my apologies that you should have had such difficulty in getting this resolved or a response. I have passed your comments to the online team re the eMobile web team re wrong greeting and they will resolve this.
    Re your own issue, if you PM me your details I can chase this for you and will get an update for you.
    Tony

James2012 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    Been a couple of weeks since I PM'ed you my details. Do you think you'll get a chance to look at the issue soon?

Thanks
    James

Hi James
    yes, apologies for delay. I have escalated this to credit control to see what can be arranged but as the allowance was exceeded I am awaiting their response.
    Sorry for the delay, will be back to you soon.
    Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

People should send in a FORMAL COMPLAINT. Do so by email and cc consumerline@comreg.ie with the email. See below.

https://secure.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/emobile_code_of_conduct.pdf

3 Scope
    This code applies to inquiries and complaints from EMobile customers relating to any aspect of the EMobile service and addresses all stages of complaint handling from initial receipt to final resolution.
    4 Responsibility
    It is the responsibility of EMobile’s Head of Customer Care to ensure that this code of practice is adhered to by all customer facing departments and support functions.
    5 Complaints Process
    5.1 Lodging a complaint

EMobile provides various means by which customers can lodge a complaint. These are provided on the EMobile website and in various customer communications. The complete set of contact details are as follows:
    Customer Care Help-lines (Available 8am to 10pm, 365 days a year)
    From abroad: +353 1 430 5087
    Email: customercare@eMobile.ie
    Postal address: 1 Heuston South Quarter, St John’s Road, Dublin 8

Note that requesting help from eMobile on Boards does not constitute a FORMAL Complaint.

Once you make a formal complaint by email eMobile must respond to you within two days with an acknowledgement.

Failure to meet the two day target, or any other target below, means you may hand the problem over to Comreg.
    5.2 Complaint Handling
    To ensure that complaints can be handled in an effective and timely manner EMobile provides a transparent and traceable complaints process. EMobile will endeavour where possible to provide customers with an immediate response to any enquiry. If this is not possible, details of the complaint will be logged for the purpose of processing it through the subsequent handling stages.
    5.2.1 Stages of the complaint
    The following are the principal stages of the complaint handling process.
    1. Contact by customer
    2. Acknowledgement of the complaint
    3. Investigation of the complaint
    4. Notification of resolution or Internal escalation
    5. Other
    5.2.2 Categories of complaint
    The five main categories of complaint are outlined below along with targeted minimum resolution times for each category. Where a resolution can not be reached within these target timescales, EMobile will endeavour to notify the customer periodically of the status of the issue until a resolution is achieved.
    Complaint Type Resolution Time

Billing 5 working days

Network Quality / Coverage Immediate response, restoration of service within 24 hours
    Roaming 5 working days
    Handset 10 working days
    Other 10 working days
    5.3 Response times
    All complaints will be either acknowledged or responded to within at least two working days. Where possible EMobile will attempt to provide customers with an estimate of the time to resolution that is more precise than the target times outlined above. In the case of an ongoing issue the customer will be notified that the issue has yet to be resolved. On resolution of the issue the customer will be informed of the resolution.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Hi,

Is there something wrong with the eMobile signal in Galway City?

As of yesterday, the signal where I work (right in centre of town) has gone down to 3/4 bars, and no apps work, texts don't send, emails etc etc. It always originally had 5 bars consistently.

Nothing has happened to the phone, not damaged or anything, because when I get back home it works perfectly on 3G.

It says I have 3G coverage where I work, but clearly I don't.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks, Col.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 egoboo

I am loosing the plot. I've been trying to sort out a problem for about 9 weeks now and it seems I have made zero progress. I have 2 foolscap pages of notes from conversations I've had with so many customer service representatives. I eventually just got through to a customer care team leader "Darren" - I informed him that the telephone conversation was being recorded and he then tells me that this was illegal and that he had to put the phone down! It is not actually illegal to record a telephone conversation if you inform the other person. In fact - emobile Customer Service actually record all their calls! So how is it not illegal for them to record but it is for me!

I've even registered a complaint with COMREG last week and have heard nothing back from eMobile as of yet. I've written to complaints department in eMobile over a week ago. Still nothing back.

I've requested on four separate occasions callbacks from team leaders. None have called me back.

And to make matters worse eMobile have taken from my account aprox €120 and initial €150 payment upfront for a service I have never used. I've requested that the money be given back 3 weeks ago and its still has not arrived in my account.

Companies like this should not be allowed to be in business. There are standards and in my opinion eMobile do not live up to these standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I am looking for an unlock code for my phone.

Can a rep get this for me if I PM details?

Col200sx wrote: »
    Hi,

As of yesterday, the signal where I work (right in centre of town) has gone down to 3/4 bars, and no apps work, texts don't send, emails etc etc. It always originally had 5 bars consistently.

Nothing has happened to the phone, not damaged or anything, because when I get back home it works perfectly on 3G.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks, Col.

Hi Col200sx
    yes there is an issue there have responded to other post. We are working to resolved this as fast as we can.
    Tony

Hi Col200sx
    yes there is an issue there have responded to other post. We are working to resolved this as fast as we can.
    Tony

Thanks for the response Tony.

I had actually called in to the shop yesterday, and he changed my SIM card, which sorted the problem for yesterday evening, but then as you say, the issue that happened today must've affected my phone on Monday too.

Thanks for the response Tony.

I had actually called in to the shop yesterday, and he changed my SIM card, which sorted the problem for yesterday evening, but then as you say, the issue that happened today must've affected my phone on Monday too.

As much as I dislike coincidence Col200sx, yes I suspect that may be the case, certainly Monday issue. This should be cleared soon.
    Tony

ft9 wrote: »
    I am looking for an unlock code for my phone.

Can a rep get this for me if I PM details?

Hi ft9
    I can look into this for you. If you PM me your tel no, pin and make of phone I will see if I can arrange this.
    Tony

• Advertisement

egoboo wrote: »
    I am loosing the plot. I've been trying to sort out a problem for about 9 weeks now and it seems I have made zero progress. I have 2 foolscap pages of notes from conversations I've had with so many customer service representatives. I eventually just got through to a customer care team leader "Darren" - I informed him that the telephone conversation was being recorded and he then tells me that this was illegal and that he had to put the phone down! It is not actually illegal to record a telephone conversation if you inform the other person. In fact - emobile Customer Service actually record all their calls! So how is it not illegal for them to record but it is for me!

I've even registered a complaint with COMREG last week and have heard nothing back from eMobile as of yet. I've written to complaints department in eMobile over a week ago. Still nothing back.

I've requested on four separate occasions callbacks from team leaders. None have called me back.

And to make matters worse eMobile have taken from my account aprox €120 and initial €150 payment upfront for a service I have never used. I've requested that the money be given back 3 weeks ago and its still has not arrived in my account.

Companies like this should not be allowed to be in business. There are standards and in my opinion eMobile do not live up to these standards.

Hi egoboo
    I have received your last PM to me and have raised this through customer complaints and am chasing this with th e managers of both sections ( sales and complaints).
    Have just PM'd you now.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 37 egoboo

On Tuesday I Talked to a Martin who is a team leader there. He said he would do his best to sort out the problems. He also promised he would call me back on Wednesday or Thursday (today) at the latest. It's now 6 PM Thursday - he has NOT called. Still no phone. Still no money transferred into my account.

STILL UNBELIEVABLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM EMOBILE.

I have now lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

On Tuesday I Talked to a Martin who is a team leader there. He said he would do his best to sort out the problems. He also promised he would call me back on Wednesday or Thursday (today) at the latest. It's now 6 PM Thursday - he has NOT called. Still no phone. Still no money transferred into my account.

You may forget about a callback from this shower of amateurs. I received a call two weeks ago from somebody claiming to be Jonathan from emobile Customer Care offering to resolve a complaint I raised in July for which emobile made the most appalling attempt to deal with and resolve. I requested, and I am still waiting for a written confirmation of the offer to resolve this case.

A very simple request to confirm in writing an offer of a GWG, but not able to complete the deal. I don't think these guys could find their árse using both hands, TBH.....

Hi agoboo
    Again my apologies that you have not received this call. I have PM'd you this morning and if you can supply requested details I can have this processed for you and be able to advise you of the proceedure and time frame.
    If yu can supply requested information it would speed up process.
    Thanks and apologies for frustration caused you so far.
    Tony

You may forget about a callback from this shower of amateurs. I received a call two weeks ago from somebody claiming to be Jonathan from emobile Customer Care offering to resolve a complaint I raised in July for which emobile made the most appalling attempt to deal with and resolve. I requested, and I am still waiting for a written confirmation of the offer to resolve this case.

A very simple request to confirm in writing an offer of a GWG, but not able to complete the deal. I don't think these guys could find their árse using both hands, TBH.....

Hi Stroke Politics
    If you send me your details ( tel and pin number, along with case details) I can chase this for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Just wondering has the cost of iPhone 4s on billpay with ye gone up by €70?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

Fao: eMobile Tony

I sent you a PM today (Monday 6th Feb), don't know how long it'll take you to respond, seeing as others on here wait some time to get a response,I won't hold my breath! Obviously I don't expect you to answer immediately, suppose it'll be a few days, but would be interesting to see what the end result will be!

Fao: eMobile Tony

I sent you a PM today (Monday 6th Feb), don't know how long it'll take you to respond, seeing as others on here wait some time to get a response,I won't hold my breath! Obviously I don't expect you to answer immediately, suppose it'll be a few days, but would be interesting to see what the end result will be!

Hi embracingLife
    yes have received your details and am chasing this issue for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Hi, quick question, my Iphone 4s is smashed, i have it two months no insurance and its pretty much a train wreck, how much for a replacement phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Hello, I am currently with vodafone and have good coverage at home. I was sith meteor previously and it was terrible.

I am thinking of getting an iphone and like emobiles plans. Would the fact meteor coverage is bad at home mean emobile coverage would be crap too?

Do emobile have a peroid where you get a refund if coverage is crap? I herad somewhere that emobile piggyback on vodafone, is that true?

I would not like to purchase a phone and plan with them and then find out I have no coverage.

Any help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

yew_tree wrote: »
    Hello, I am currently with vodafone and have good coverage at home. I was sith meteor previously and it was terrible.

I am thinking of getting an iphone and like emobiles plans. Would the fact meteor coverage is bad at home mean emobile coverage would be crap too?

Do emobile have a peroid where you get a refund if coverage is crap? I herad somewhere that emobile piggyback on vodafone, is that true?

I would not like to purchase a phone and plan with them and then find out I have no coverage.

Any help?

Emobile piggyback on Meteor, not Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

sarah. wrote: »
    Just wondering has the cost of iPhone 4s on billpay with ye gone up by €70?

Used to be free, is now €49?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Hi, quick question, my Iphone 4s is smashed, i have it two months no insurance and its pretty much a train wreck, how much for a replacement phone?

You'll probably have to pay full whack being hoenst. I'd take the insurance on the phone though when you buy it.

Used to be free, is now €49?

You'll probably have to pay full whack being hoenst. I'd take the insurance on the phone though when you buy it.

Hi CraigSmith
    Online price still from €49 for the 16 and 32Gb see link here
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Hi.

I've been an eMobile customer for 2 years or so now. I have bill pay with a Galaxy S.

I was told its possible to request an upgrade to the new S2?

Just like that? Are there charges or what? It would be cool for a loyal and happy customer like me to get a free upgrade like that (my current phone has its battery connectors coming loose so goes dead sometimes randomly).

We could be like bro's

KoKane wrote: »
    Hi.

I've been an eMobile customer for 2 years or so now. I have bill pay with a Galaxy S.

I was told its possible to request an upgrade to the new S2?

Just like that? Are there charges or what? It would be cool for a loyal and happy customer like me to get a free upgrade like that (my current phone has its battery connectors coming loose so goes dead sometimes randomly).

We could be like bro's
    Hi KoKane
    yes free upgrades would be great:rolleyes: however there is normally an upgrade charge. Can you PM me your tel. no and pin and I can have a look to see what this may be as upgrade prices can depend on customers accounts.
    Will see what we can do.
    Thanks
    Tony

Hi,

Any help appreciated,

Thanks, Col.

Quoting my own post here from couple weeks ago, same situation again today. Right in the centre of Galway City.

Signal is shockingly bad. No apps work, email account won't update, mails won't send.

This is becoming very frustrating. I'm only an eMobile customer since November, this is bad form :mad:

Quoting my own post here from couple weeks ago, same situation again today. Right in the centre of Galway City.

Signal is shockingly bad. No apps work, email account won't update, mails won't send.

This is becoming very frustrating. I'm only an eMobile customer since November, this is bad form :mad:
    Hi Col200sx
    There was an issue in parts of the country today. This has been resolved now though. Apologies for disruption to service. If you still have this issue please let me know.
    Tony

Hi egoboo
    Was speaking with Dermot and he has advised that this should now be resolved. Let me know if debit refunded.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Hi Tony
    I have been trying unsucessfully for the past week to sign up for eircom broadband.
    Every time I fill out the online form where I put in my email address and create a password for the acc it tells me the passowords dont match. I have used the required numbers and letters in many combinations and it still tells me they dont match.
    Whats up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Tony
    Tried to sign up again this morning and this problem is still persisting.
    Have you tested the page yet?
    Cheers

Advertisement