Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

just got iphone 4 and i cant get or recieve pics or get on the internet? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

newwifey wrote: »
    Hi Tony
    I have been trying unsucessfully for the past week to sign up for eircom broadband.
    Every time I fill out the online form where I put in my email address and create a password for the acc it tells me the passowords dont match. I have used the required numbers and letters in many combinations and it still tells me they dont match.
    Whats up?

Hi newwifey
    I cannot identify any online issue there, can you PM me your account details ( acount no and email address) and I can test for you.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Hey Guys

Can someone refer to my thread here and help me out please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056554444

Cheers
    LT

Hey Guys

Can someone refer to my thread here and help me out please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056554444

Cheers
    LT

Hi lifeandtimes
    thanks for the link, afraid we would not have seen or have been able to answer your query unless posted on this thread or within the emobile / eircom space on Boards.ie
    But in response now....If you send your self a picture message this usually resolves issue. Let me know if it does not.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi Tony,
    STILL having issues with my bills.
    First bill not sorted yet (chasing this up for months now)
    also, got billed for February even though i was supposed to get Jan , Feb , Mar free which was changed to Feb, Mar , Apr.
    I sent you ANOTHER PM.
    Could you check this out for me please?
    Thanks
    Sham.

• Advertisement

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    STILL having issues with my bills.
    First bill not sorted yet (chasing this up for months now)
    also, got billed for February even though i was supposed to get Jan , Feb , Mar free which was changed to Feb, Mar , Apr.
    I sent you ANOTHER PM.
    Could you check this out for me please?
    Thanks
    Sham.

Hi Sham69
    re call. Yews should certainly have been added at this stage. I am chasing this for you and it will be applied. I will be in contact later this week.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

I have a question for the emobile reps here, I am currently an existing emobile customer (Bill Pay)and my phone usage has increased a lot in the last month so I am looking to change my price plan and the question I have is does this mean I have to agree to a new contract if I change from Select 300 to Select Unlimited - I am still in contract with emobile at the moment.
    thanks.

kao123 wrote: »
    I have a question for the emobile reps here, I am currently an existing emobile customer (Bill Pay)and my phone usage has increased a lot in the last month so I am looking to change my price plan and the question I have is does this mean I have to agree to a new contract if I change from Select 300 to Select Unlimited - I am still in contract with emobile at the moment.
    thanks.
    Hi kao123
    We can change your price plan and this does not extend current contract. If you PM me your tel no and pin I can advise you more and arrange this for you.
    Tony

Hi Sham69
    re call. Yews should certainly have been added at this stage. I am chasing this for you and it will be applied. I will be in contact later this week.
    Tony

Thanks Tony.
    Just worried that the direct debit will be taken on the 1st of the month.
    Hopefully sorted before then.
    Regards
    sham.

sham69 wrote: »
    Thanks Tony.
    Just worried that the direct debit will be taken on the 1st of the month.
    Hopefully sorted before then.
    Regards
    sham.

I understand.. Have checked again sham69 and does appear to be corrected.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Do any of the emobile contracts offer free emobile to emobile calls & texts?

Also: query regarding your business plans. The Small Business unlimited plan says suitable for 1-2 users, however I can't find anything about charges for the second user. Is it an all in charge of e55 for 2 unique numbers? Or would there be an extra charge for the 2nd user? Please clarify!

Hi kao123
    We can change your price plan and this does not extend current contract. If you PM me your tel no and pin I can advise you more and arrange this for you.
    Tony

PM sent

PM sent

Have answerd this now kao123, let me know if any further query.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Tried ringing e-mobile business sales line 3 times for a simple clarification, and each time I got disconnected. This is a simple query with a simple answer. Absolutely appalling customer service, and no excuses. I rang o2, Three and Vodafone today and each time I got through to a rep first try and had my queries answered in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

If this is posted elsewhere (or in the wrong place) apologies. A number of us were querying why there were international texts appearing on our bills to UK numbers. We've since discovered they have something to do with Apple's Facetime thingie. Is there a way of (1) stopping these being generated and (2) being credited for the cost of them?.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 grayman

Whats evryone opinion on the e-mobile service? I have been a customer for 11 months now and i find the service great although the customer care team are one of the worst. I called 2 weeks ago when i my phone broke (its a blackberry and need it for business) to see if they could push through an upgrade and i said i didnt mind paying extra they said no and what i should do is get my mother to sign up to e mobile so i could get the phone this way (my mother is dead) i rang back again and the next person said i would have to pay 469 euro.. I might just add that i pay my bill on time and in full every month..... Next issue i had with them was today when i relised i had not been getting my 10 euro discount for been an eircom customer... I rang and spoke to sean who was very un helpfull and asked me to call back with some details, I went home and got the details and phoned back and spoke to tony who said it wasnt his problem that the store didnt apply the discount for the last 11 months I then told him in that case i will cancel my contract he hung up... Luckily enough i called back and spoke to debbie who was great and applied the discount and back dated it...I was still very annoyed about the sean guy :mad: and phoned Comreg who told me to lodge a complaint. Still thing about doing this. have clamed down a bit now but not sure if i want to be an e mobile anymore if i am gonna be treated like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

grayman wrote: »
    Whats evryone opinion on the e-mobile service? I have been a customer for 11 months now and i find the service great although the customer care team are one of the worst. I called 2 weeks ago when i my phone broke (its a blackberry and need it for business) to see if they could push through an upgrade and i said i didnt mind paying extra they said no and what i should do is get my mother to sign up to e mobile so i could get the phone this way (my mother is dead) i rang back again and the next person said i would have to pay 469 euro.. I might just add that i pay my bill on time and in full every month..... Next issue i had with them was today when i relised i had not been getting my 10 euro discount for been an eircom customer... I rang and spoke to sean who was very un helpfull and asked me to call back with some details, I went home and got the details and phoned back and spoke to tony who said it wasnt his problem that the store didnt apply the discount for the last 11 months I then told him in that case i will cancel my contract he hung up... Luckily enough i called back and spoke to debbie who was great and applied the discount and back dated it...I was still very annoyed about the sean guy :mad: and phoned Comreg who told me to lodge a complaint. Still thing about doing this. have clamed down a bit now but not sure if i want to be an e mobile anymore if i am gonna be treated like that.

If you're 11 months into an 18 month contract it's highly unlikely you would be eligible for an early upgrade. I work in a store, we can ring and ask it to be pushed through, usually happens when two months or so are left but you could chance your arm about 3 months early IMO and then you'll get an answer as to when the upgrade would be due.

kfish2oo2 wrote: »
    Do any of the emobile contracts offer free emobile to emobile calls & texts?

Also: query regarding your business plans. The Small Business unlimited plan says suitable for 1-2 users, however I can't find anything about charges for the second user. Is it an all in charge of e55 for 2 unique numbers? Or would there be an extra charge for the 2nd user? Please clarify!

Answer to your first question is no. Meteor would allow you to text meteor and emobile for free as far as I'm aware.

Secondly, Small Business Unlimited incurs a €55 ex. VAT charge per user. Whereas the TalkMobile Unlimited plans work the way you assumed, €160 ex. VAT per month flat rate cost plus and additional €25 ex. VAT per user and you will get to share unlimited minutes, landline, texts and 3GB of data.

The first option is obviously cheaper if it's just two lines you need. The second option says suitable for 10+ users but as far as I'm aware you can sign up with say 5 users on that plan.

Hope this answers your questions.

Can any of the reps here please provide a list of the MMI codes to check balances and the likes. I am a billpay customer but have been using my phone a lot more over the past month or two and would like to be able to check my remaining balance from the phone?

thanks in advance.

Can any of the reps here please provide a list of the MMI codes to check balances and the likes. I am a billpay customer but have been using my phone a lot more over the past month or two and would like to be able to check my remaining balance from the phone?

thanks in advance.

Balance to 50104 usually works.

• Advertisement

thanks in advance.

Hi kao123
    Yes CraigSmith IO is correct on this, if you text balance to 50104 you will receive text back advising of remaining minutes, text and data.
    Tony

Hi kao123
    Yes CraigSmith IO is correct on this, if you text balance to 50104 you will receive text back advising of remaining minutes, text and data.
    Tony

Thanks for the replies guys, one or two more questions though does this use up a text from my monthly plan or is it a free service, and is there a list of the MMI codes that are used ?

thanks again.

Thanks for the replies guys, one or two more questions though does this use up a text from my monthly plan or is it a free service, and is there a list of the MMI codes that are used ?

thanks again.

No problem kao123.
    This is a free service, so no charge.
    Tony

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I cant seem to be able to send or recieve media messages of any form with emobile,cant even send a picture from my phone.

HTC Radar emobile bill pay.

Help appreciated.

Dcully wrote: »
    I cant seem to be able to send or recieve media messages of any form with emobile,cant even send a picture from my phone.

HTC Radar emobile bill pay.

Help appreciated.

If it was originally an emobile phone try send one to yourself to activate. If not make sure the APN's are correct, I can advise you on that if the first option doesn't work. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tried that and no luck.
    Yeah its an emobile phone.

I had the same issue with my old HTC Desire also with emobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jambono

Hi, I have a HTC Desire S on billpay, I though it was network unlocked as its android. I'm in the UK for a week and got a prepay sim for data use but it's not working :( Called support and they said it would take at least 5 days if its even allowed, is this always the case?

jambono wrote: »
    Hi, I have a HTC Desire S on billpay, I though it was network unlocked as its android. I'm in the UK for a week and got a prepay sim for data use but it's not working :( Called support and they said it would take at least 5 days if its even allowed, is this always the case?
    Hi jambono
    can you PM me your tel no and I can check this for you.
    Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    Emobile took 54 euro from my account this morning?
    You assured me that this was sorted?
    I have budgeted my money for the month with this in mind so it is a major inconvenience.
    I am really sick of this as this stage.
    I am considering going to the regulator and giving the phone back at this stage.
    Enough is enough.
    Regards
    Sham.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Tried that and no luck.
    Yeah its an emobile phone.

I had the same issue with my old HTC Desire also with emobile.

Only other thing I can think is wrong is the APN's. Make sure they are the same as what is on this web page - http://www.techport.ie/article/emobile-internet-mms-settings-21.html

To access APN's, click settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, and then access point names.

Advertisement