Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi guys,

Question on bill pay Blackberry add on.

If i use the mobile hotspot feature on my BlackBerry(i.e. if i thether) does that data come out of my 3GB data allowance?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi guys,

Question on bill pay Blackberry add on.

If i use the mobile hotspot feature on my BlackBerry(i.e. if i thether) does that data come out of my 3GB data allowance?

Thanks.

Hi gunnerfitzy
    If you use your phone for tethering it will go out of your 3GB data allowance. I would advise that tethering uses a lot of data so you should definitely monitor the usage.
    Hope this helps.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi gunnerfitzy
    If you use your phone for tethering it will go out of your 3GB data allowance. I would advise that tethering uses a lot of data so you should definitely monitor the usage.
    Hope this helps.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify: Tethering on Blackberry, as far as i know, will use the standard emobile apn and not the blackberry apn. So use of that APN is covered by the 3GB blackberry add on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Only other thing I can think is wrong is the APN's. Make sure they are the same as what is on this web page - http://www.techport.ie/article/emobile-internet-mms-settings-21.html

To access APN's, click settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks, and then access point names.

Are these only mobile broadband settings?
    I dont use mobile bb, i only use wifi for net.
    My problem is i cannot text photos on my phone with emobile.
    Chaning apn settings doesnt help.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify: Tethering on Blackberry, as far as i know, will use the standard emobile apn and not the blackberry apn. So use of that APN is covered by the 3GB blackberry add on?
    Hi gunnerfitzy
    You can only connect to internet with the Blackberry Add on..
    Tony

• Advertisement

So emobile dont know why i cannot send pictures via text on their network?

Dcully wrote: »
    So emobile dont know why i cannot send pictures via text on their network?

Hi Dcully
    what happens when you send a blank mss to yourself? If staying in outbox, this would mean not having the correct network settings..
    Are you on roaming at the moment?
    Tony

Hi Dcully
    what happens when you send a blank mss to yourself? If staying in outbox, this would mean not having the correct network settings..
    Are you on roaming at the moment?
    Tony

It just says could not send please try again.
    Roaming is off as like i said i dont use mobile bb, i dont have a data allowance.

It just says could not send please try again.
    Roaming is off as like i said i dont use mobile bb, i dont have a data allowance.

Hi Dcully
    data has to be enabled to send picture msg.
    Tony

Hi Dcully
    data has to be enabled to send picture msg.
    Tony

Thanks Tony.
    What about wifi?

• Advertisement

Thanks Tony.
    What about wifi?

Hi Dcully
    you would have to have internet enabled on your phone... I suppose I should have added that on last post:o
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Hi. I am on an unlimited plan with 15gb a month downloads. Is there a charge for using my iPhone as a modem to enable me to go online with my laptop?

Thanks

Hi. I am on an unlimited plan with 15gb a month downloads. Is there a charge for using my iPhone as a modem to enable me to go online with my laptop?

Thanks

Hi SilverSparkle,

There is no charge for using your phone as a modem provided you do not exceed your data allowance of 15GB. I would strongly advise to monitor your usage as using your phone as a modem uses a lot of data. You can check your balance by texting "balance" to 50104.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Hi SilverSparkle,

There is no charge for using your phone as a modem provided you do not exceed your data allowance of 15GB. I would strongly advise to monitor your usage as using your phone as a modem uses a lot of data. You can check your balance by texting "balance" to 50104.

Tony

Fantastic thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

Hi Tony,

I placed an online order last Sunday, sent in my documentation on Monday at 11.26am. When I placed the order I received an email stating that my phone would be dispatched within 5 working days(this is ridiculously long in comparison to your competitors anyways) once my documentation is received and that I would receive a notice with tracking information.

Tomorrow is the sixth working day and I haven't received any dispatch notice. I tweeted your support team on Friday morning to see what the status of the order was & they told me they would look into it and get back to me, I tweeted again Friday afternoon and got the same response. Still no-one came back to me.

This is very poor service, I have bought all of my previous phones online & have received them within 2 to 3 working days. At this stage I am considering cancelling & using another provider. I've also since learned that my mother had a similar experience and ended up cancelling the order and going into a store.

Could you please look into this and let me know what is happening. The order number is EMBPPZZPZ3W

Hi Tony,

I placed an online order last Sunday, sent in my documentation on Monday at 11.26am. When I placed the order I received an email stating that my phone would be dispatched within 5 working days(this is ridiculously long in comparison to your competitors anyways) once my documentation is received and that I would receive a notice with tracking information.

Tomorrow is the sixth working day and I haven't received any dispatch notice. I tweeted your support team on Friday morning to see what the status of the order was & they told me they would look into it and get back to me, I tweeted again Friday afternoon and got the same response. Still no-one came back to me.

This is very poor service, I have bought all of my previous phones online & have received them within 2 to 3 working days. At this stage I am considering cancelling & using another provider. I've also since learned that my mother had a similar experience and ended up cancelling the order and going into a store.

Could you please look into this and let me know what is happening. The order number is EMBPPZZPZ3W

Hi stephanied83
    will chase this immediately, is your twitter a/c @StephDuffy83?

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Hi stephanied83
    I have been advised that your order left here this morning for delivery tomorrow. Aplogies for the delay. Grainne has tweeted you now also. Any further delay or query just contact us.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

When will the samsung galaxy note be available to emobile customers?

snowdaze wrote: »
    When will the samsung galaxy note be available to emobile customers?

Hi snowdaze,

I have just received confirmation that this handset is available now. I am waiting on confirmation on where you can get this phone. I will update once I get confirmation.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

Hi snowdaze,

I have just received confirmation that this handset is available now. I am waiting on confirmation on where you can get this phone. I will update once I get confirmation.

Tony

thanks Tony...the store in Johnson Court, Sligo is my local store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

Hi there, just signed up to eMobile today!

Was really attracted to the unlimited calls and texts part of the deal as I'm constantly on the phone with work etc

One of the guys in work however told me that there's some restrictions on the unlimited side of things. Is it true that once a call goes over 59 min then you start getting charged? Or could I stay on a call for hours at a time and it's all covered? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

if you go over 59mins on emobile or Meteor you will be charged you have to hang up before the 60mins are up and re dial

these are the only two networks to do this as far as i know.

maninblack wrote: »
    Hi there, just signed up to eMobile today!

Was really attracted to the unlimited calls and texts part of the deal as I'm constantly on the phone with work etc

One of the guys in work however told me that there's some restrictions on the unlimited side of things. Is it true that once a call goes over 59 min then you start getting charged? Or could I stay on a call for hours at a time and it's all covered? Thanks.

Hi maninblack,

Yes I can advise that this is correct. Provided your call is no longer than 59 minutes you will not get charged for the call.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Tony

snowdaze wrote: »
    thanks Tony...the store in Johnson Court, Sligo is my local store

Hi snowdaze,

I can advise that this handset is only available in stores at the moment. Once it becomes available online I will advise you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Fitzinho

I just put in to cancel the remaining 12 months of my eMobile contract, it's going to cost me over €400 but it'll be worth it, the data roaming charges are 5 times the price of Vodafone's in the U.S.

eMobile offered nothing in terms of good will to keep me on board, going to go crawling back to O2 for the customer service, sorry I ever left.

Avoid this crowd at all costs folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

Steve, you may remember I contacted you about an order EMBPPZZPZ3W a couple of weeks ago, in the end I cancelled the order as I wasn't happy with my first experiences of emobiles service and didn't want to tie myself into a 24 month contract with a company with such poor service levels.

Well despite this the hassle continues, I received a bill from emobile yesterday even though I had cancelled the order well withing 14 days and had never even taken delivery of the handset. I called customer care last night who told me I would need to ring back during office hours. It's ridiculous that even if my problem couldn't be dealt with last night that an email with the details could not have been sent to the correct dept so that they could sort today! Regardless, I called back today and was told that the agent would have to contact another dept and could I hold for up to 20 minutes (again shocking) I advised the agent that I was at work and may not be able to hold for that long but to please call me if I was not on the line when he returned and if I could not answer to leave a message and I would return the call. He assured me that he would, well this hasn't happened.

I want to ensure that this direct debit is not taken from my account and that there will be no further bills but it seems no-one can do this for me. It should be very simple to cancel an account that was set up in error. It appears to be one thing after another and I do not have the time to spend another day ringing emobile tomorrow.

Can you please look into this issue?

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Steve, you may remember I contacted you about an order EMBPPZZPZ3W a couple of weeks ago, in the end I cancelled the order as I wasn't happy with my first experiences of emobiles service and didn't want to tie myself into a 24 month contract with a company with such poor service levels.

Well despite this the hassle continues, I received a bill from emobile yesterday even though I had cancelled the order well withing 14 days and had never even taken delivery of the handset. I called customer care last night who told me I would need to ring back during office hours. It's ridiculous that even if my problem couldn't be dealt with last night that an email with the details could not have been sent to the correct dept so that they could sort today! Regardless, I called back today and was told that the agent would have to contact another dept and could I hold for up to 20 minutes (again shocking) I advised the agent that I was at work and may not be able to hold for that long but to please call me if I was not on the line when he returned and if I could not answer to leave a message and I would return the call. He assured me that he would, well this hasn't happened.

I want to ensure that this direct debit is not taken from my account and that there will be no further bills but it seems no-one can do this for me. It should be very simple to cancel an account that was set up in error. It appears to be one thing after another and I do not have the time to spend another day ringing emobile tomorrow.

Can you please look into this issue?

Hi stephanied83
    happy to help with this and my apologies that this has not been resolved for you. Can you DM me with further detail, your full name and address and any relevent mobile details ie number / PIN. As this is a 24 month contract I presume the handset is an iPhone. In this case the cancellation period is 7 days.
    Send me the details and I will chase. I have sent your order number for clarification also.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jamesmartinirl

So heres the story. Back this time last year I entered an 18 month contract on the unlimited plan with the data add on. Paying a total of €67 euros a month. For my troubles I got a free Nokia E5, I felt really valued!! Didn't matter cause I put the sim in my iphone. Anyhow that's not what my complaint is.

Back in November I went on holiday and expected that the default cap that the networks must apply as per EU directive 717/2007 of €50 ex vat would apply on my data roaming. Needless to say I came home to a bill in excess of €350. So I called up to dispute the bill and was advised to pay no bills until someone came back to let me know what the decision regarding it was. So I haven't paid any bills since then.

I had been in contact with several customer service agents and credit control agents and eventually got a direct contact for a supervisor in credit control. He advised me that my service would not be suspended until they sorted it. I went through a period of my service being suspended to receive only which while annoying was understandable.

Last week they finally cancelled my contract completely without notice, I don't even have access to my online portal for my bills. I have sent several emails and made several calls and they refuse to help me. I have even offered them a monthly payment of €150 in exchange for receive only service until the bills are paid.

I shouldn't have to put up with this hassle, they are in breech of the law and really at this stage I just want away from them and want to port my number away and settle the bills in court or whatever.

They are a disgrace and I would advice everyone to avoid them at all costs.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

So heres the story. Back this time last year I entered an 18 month contract on the unlimited plan with the data add on. Paying a total of €67 euros a month. For my troubles I got a free Nokia E5, I felt really valued!! Didn't matter cause I put the sim in my iphone. Anyhow that's not what my complaint is.

Back in November I went on holiday and expected that the default cap that the networks must apply as per EU directive 717/2007 of €50 ex vat would apply on my data roaming. Needless to say I came home to a bill in excess of €350. So I called up to dispute the bill and was advised to pay no bills until someone came back to let me know what the decision regarding it was. So I haven't paid any bills since then.

I had been in contact with several customer service agents and credit control agents and eventually got a direct contact for a supervisor in credit control. He advised me that my service would not be suspended until they sorted it. I went through a period of my service being suspended to receive only which while annoying was understandable.

Last week they finally cancelled my contract completely without notice, I don't even have access to my online portal for my bills. I have sent several emails and made several calls and they refuse to help me. I have even offered them a monthly payment of €150 in exchange for receive only service until the bills are paid.

I shouldn't have to put up with this hassle, they are in breech of the law and really at this stage I just want away from them and want to port my number away and settle the bills in court or whatever.

They are a disgrace and I would advice everyone to avoid them at all costs.
    Hi jamesmartinirl

if you DM me your mobile number, PIN and best contact number I will chase this this for you and be back to you as soon as I can.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 jamesmartinirl

So we are 24 hours on and details sent to Tony and still no reply. So I've contacted Comreg and they have complained to them but still no response.

I really hope this can be sorted tomorrow because my patience is worn thin and almost through at this stage.

Advertisement