Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi Tony,

I'm away in Spain and i can't remember my pin number to use my webtexts. Have it working fine on eirtext app but rarely have wifi. Tried to input info on the emobile website but keeps failing at final stage. I hope you can help.

Hi there,

If you Pm your mobile number full name and address and DOB I can advise of your pin.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Hi Col200sx,

Could you try what J O E above has said. Alter the settings on the phone to 3G.
    Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Tony

Thanks Tony,

Tried that, it just goes back to E again, doesn't go to 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

J o e wrote: »
    That didn't work for me.

I changed my Network mode from "GSM/WCDMA (Auto mode)" to "WCDMA only" and that got me back onto 3G/H+. Otherwise it'll auto on to GSM.

I'm guessing that'll mean I'll not get any data connect if at least 3G isn't available, but should be fine in Galway City anyway.

I'll put it back to Auto and properly test multiple on/off of airplane mode next time it reverts to E, will let you know. It wouldn't be a viable solution but might help you narrow down the problem...

On Auto it went back to E and tried the airplane mode on/off a good few times but that didn't work.

With WCDMA only set, it's staying on 3G or H+ though.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Thanks Tony,

Tried that, it just goes back to E again, doesn't go to 3G.

Hi Col200sx,

Have you selected the WCDMA option under settings on the phone? Are you still having the issue? You should not be able drop to E when you select this option.

Tony
    J o e wrote: »
    On Auto it went back to E and tried the airplane mode on/off a good few times but that didn't work.

With WCDMA only set, it's staying on 3G or H+ though.

Thats good Joe that you are able maintain 3G on your phone when you select this option.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Hi tony.
    I have sent u a pm regarding roaming. Can u please get look into it asap

Thanks

• Advertisement

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Hi tony.
    I have sent u a pm regarding roaming. Can u please get look into it asap

Thanks

Thanks for letting me know CyaL8r.

I have responded to your PM.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

Hi, would love to avail of this emobile offer, but dont have a landline, so no account with eircom. parents are with upc so cant get an acc no off them.

is the offer open to people that have no account?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

im sure this has been posted before but I cant be arsed to look through the pages. how do I stop getting paper bills??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I'm still having major connections problems Tony, I have restarted and switched to Airplane mode numerous times now and if I search networks myself, vodafone is not showing up at all even though my dh has vodafone on his mobile and he is getting great reception.

We only seem to get emobile 3g reception where we live so if we move further back into the house it goes and the phone probably switched to vodafone when it was working great, now it is just dropping the signal.

Also if I switch network manually sometimes it is saying that the sim cannot be registered with the network and that is when I try to connect it to emobilel. bloody disaster

aliise wrote: »
    Hi, would love to avail of this emobile offer, but dont have a landline, so no account with eircom. parents are with upc so cant get an acc no off them.

is the offer open to people that have no account?????

Hi aliise,

In order to avail of this offer you would need to have received the discount. Do you have any family or friend that has an Eircom landline?

Tony
    Devil08 wrote: »
    im sure this has been posted before but I cant be arsed to look through the pages. how do I stop getting paper bills??

Hi Devil08,

It is not possible to stop paper billing. You can get a de - itemised bill where you get the cover page and summary of charges page. If you want me to do this could you Pm your mobile number and pin.

Tony
    loopymum wrote: »
    I'm still having major connections problems Tony, I have restarted and switched to Airplane mode numerous times now and if I search networks myself, vodafone is not showing up at all even though my dh has vodafone on his mobile and he is getting great reception.

We only seem to get emobile 3g reception where we live so if we move further back into the house it goes and the phone probably switched to vodafone when it was working great, now it is just dropping the signal.

Also if I switch network manually sometimes it is saying that the sim cannot be registered with the network and that is when I try to connect it to emobilel. bloody disaster

Hi loopymum,

I will get this chased up for you now. How long have you put the phone onto airplane mode for? You need to put it onto airpalne mode for at least 30 minutes.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If i go into an Emobile store to buy the Samsung Galaxy will ! be able to buy it at the online rate of €319 or will it cost €40 more?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    If i go into an Emobile store to buy the Samsung Galaxy will ! be able to buy it at the online rate of €319 or will it cost €40 more?

Hi foggy_lad,

Is it the Galaxy S 3 phone you are interested in? What plan do you want to buy the phone on? I will get this checked out for you.

Tony

Hi foggy_lad,

Is it the Galaxy S 3 phone you are interested in? What plan do you want to buy the phone on? I will get this checked out for you.

Tony
    Hi Tony, Select 100, 12 month contract and keep my number and i am also an Eircom customer, and yes the galaxy S3.

Hi Tony, Select 100, 12 month contract and keep my number and i am also an Eircom customer, and yes the galaxy S3.

Thanks foggy_lad,

Is this an upgrade? Do you have an existing eMobile account?

Tony

Thanks foggy_lad,

Is this an upgrade? Do you have an existing eMobile account?

Tony
    Possibly a New Customer.

Possibly a New Customer.

Hi foggy_lad,

The price of the phone is €10 cheaper online. What store are you looking to get it in? I can see if the phone can be reserced for you.

Tony

Hi foggy_lad,

The price of the phone is €10 cheaper online. What store are you looking to get it in? I can see if the phone can be reserced for you.

Tony
    That is good news Thanks Tony, I am in Carlow town but can easily travel to Waterford if there is no store in Carlow. My choice would be to not use currys or pc world to buy a phone and anyway the Currys store in Carlow is miles out of town in one of the boom-time business parks, just too far away.

That is good news Thanks Tony, I am in Carlow town but can easily travel to Waterford if there is no store in Carlow. My choice would be to not use currys or pc world to buy a phone and anyway the Currys store in Carlow is miles out of town in one of the boom-time business parks, just too far away.

Hi foggy_lad,

There is only store in Carlow that sells eMobile products. This is the Currys Store. There is an official eMobile store in Waterford city. I can give them a call for you to get it held if you wish? If you PM your contact number and name the store will be able hold the phone for you.

Tony

Hi foggy_lad,

There is only store in Carlow that sells eMobile products. This is the Currys Store. There is an official eMobile store in Waterford city. I can give them a call for you to get it held if you wish? If you PM your contact number and name the store will be able hold the phone for you.

Tony
    I may be in the store in Waterford tomorrow so will chance my arm, I am not in a great rush to buy so can wait a few days. Do you foresee any issue porting my number from Meteor when I buy or is this just a matter of seeking the port during working hours and waiting a few hours for it to be put through?

Also just wanted to check if the handsets are locked and branded or like the HTC handsets come unlocked and unbranded?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

Hi Tony.

Sent you a PM with my details a few days back.

Cheers,
    Patrick

• Advertisement

I may be in the store in Waterford tomorrow so will chance my arm, I am not in a great rush to buy so can wait a few days. Do you foresee any issue porting my number from Meteor when I buy or is this just a matter of seeking the port during working hours and waiting a few hours for it to be put through?

Also just wanted to check if the handsets are locked and branded or like the HTC handsets come unlocked and unbranded?

Hi foggy_lad,

No there will not be any issue porting your number from Meteor provided you are not in contract. The port can take upto 24 hours to go through.

The phone will be locked to the eMobile network. You can receive the code after you have paid your second bill on eMobile.

Tony
    Hi Tony.

Sent you a PM with my details a few days back.

Cheers,
    Patrick

Hi patrick,

I will get this chased up now for you.

Tony

Thanks for all your help Tony, If I have any further questions I'll be back:)

Thanks for all your help Tony, If I have any further questions I'll be back:)

Glad to help foggy_lad.

Post here if any other queries.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Having similar problems to the lads. Getting E a lot of the time. Data connection is crap a lot of the time tbh.
    Voice isn't great either.
    Solution?

Having similar problems to the lads. Getting E a lot of the time. Data connection is crap a lot of the time tbh.
    Voice isn't great either.
    Solution?

Hi take everything,

Can you PM your mobile number and pin and I will check this out for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Hi.
    Thanks.
    PM sent.
    AstraOwner mentions in his thread that Emobile have admitted problems with the HTC One S. I am using this device. Can you confirm this.

Hi.
    Thanks.
    PM sent.
    AstraOwner mentions in his thread that Emobile have admitted problems with the HTC One S. I am using this device. Can you confirm this.

Hi there,

I have responded to your PM.

Thanks,

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Hi.
    Thanks.
    PM sent.
    Yeah I had terrible signal issues (especially in 2G areas) with the HTC One S and had to cancel an account because of it. If you do a google search you will find that the issue is well known.
    Later in an eMobile store (last Thursday) I was informed that they were not allowed to sell the One S as there were issues with it.

Pity though. It's a nice phone bar that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi loopymum,

I will get this chased up for you now. How long have you put the phone onto airplane mode for? You need to put it onto airpalne mode for at least 30 minutes.

Tony

After numerous attempts to get the network going and going into Airplane mode for over 30mins a few times it still wouldn't load up the network. What a pain, so once again I removed the sim and this time I stuck in my 3sim as I believe they also use the vodafone network to see if that was ok and that worked fine and then put my emobile sim back in and it was all working ok again.
    Not sure what happened and I certainly don't want a repeat performace but I have had excellent reception again.

loopy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Sorry Tony for late reply, but Galway City seems to have 3G coverage again, has had since Monday morning :)

Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement