Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Col200sx wrote: »
    Sorry Tony for late reply, but Galway City seems to have 3G coverage again, has had since Monday morning :)

Thanks for your help :)

Glad to hear that your internet has improved Col200sx.

Let me know if any other queries.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi again Tony, could you check on the availability of the Samsung s3 in the meteor/emobile store in Naas, I will be there later and will buy if they have a blue one:)

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Hi again Tony, could you check on the availability of the Samsung s3 in the meteor/emobile store in Naas, I will be there later and will buy if they have a blue one:)

Hi foggy_lad,

The only store in Naas selling eMobile phones is the PC World store. Do you want me to give them a call and check if the phone is in stock?

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The meteor store in the town near the sallins road junction also sells them, otherwise why would they be on display?

My mistake! It was the Newbridge store that is dual branded. Am going to pip in there later or tomorrow and pick up a new phone, thanks Tony.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The meteor store in the town near the sallins road junction also sells them, otherwise why would they be on display?

My mistake! It was the Newbridge store that is dual branded. Am going to pip in there later or tomorrow and pick up a new phone, thanks Tony.

Hi foggy_lad,

Were you able get this sorted?
    If not let me know and I will be happy to help.

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Tony,

Quick question - I've a stock emobile Galaxy S3 and I don't appear to have received the last two android updates.
    A number of other boards members seem to have received both updates (also on stock emobile hadnsets).

Just wondering is there any reason why I wouldn't be getting the updates?
    Software Update is stating there is no update available.

Thanks, BN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

FAO TONY -

can i ask why emobiles customer services leaves a lot to be desired ?

I requested a manager call me to discuss a number of emobile cock-ups since I joined your network, but no one in emobile has had the simply and expected courtesy to make a call to me.

I feel devalued as a new customer, and wonder why I bothered moving over to be honest.

It's like since you got my business and have me in a contact, emobile simply don't care, but will be happy to hit my bank a/c every month?

Why can't a manager in your company have the manners or be arsed to lift the phone and call me?

Hi Tony,

Quick question - I've a stock emobile Galaxy S3 and I don't appear to have received the last two android updates.
    A number of other boards members seem to have received both updates (also on stock emobile hadnsets).

Just wondering is there any reason why I wouldn't be getting the updates?
    Software Update is stating there is no update available.

Thanks, BN

Hi BN,

Have you connected the phone to Samsung Kies?

Tony
    MidlandsM wrote: »
    FAO TONY -

can i ask why emobiles customer services leaves a lot to be desired ?

I requested a manager call me to discuss a number of emobile cock-ups since I joined your network, but no one in emobile has had the simply and expected courtesy to make a call to me.

I feel devalued as a new customer, and wonder why I bothered moving over to be honest.

It's like since you got my business and have me in a contact, emobile simply don't care, but will be happy to hit my bank a/c every month?

Why can't a manager in your company have the manners or be arsed to lift the phone and call me?

Hi MidlandsM,

Sorry to hear you did not get a callback. If you PM your mobile number and pin and your issue I will be happy to help.

Tony

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Hi BN,

Tony

Hi MidlandsM,

Sorry to hear you did not get a callback. If you PM your mobile number and pin and your issue I will be happy to help.

Tony

I think the point is that I should'nt have to if emobile did your job right in the first instance?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi Tony

I want to change the direct debit details? What is the easiest way to do this besides ringing customer services which is a pain.

Can I pm you with my details and account numbers?

Loopy

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I think the point is that I should'nt have to if emobile did your job right in the first instance?:mad:

Hi MidlandsM,

I understand your frustration. Once I receive your information I will find out the reason you did not receive a call back and I will arrange a call for you.

Tony
    loopymum wrote: »
    Hi Tony

I want to change the direct debit details? What is the easiest way to do this besides ringing customer services which is a pain.

Can I pm you with my details and account numbers?

Loopy

Hi Loopy,

If you fill in the form here: http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/direct_debit_mandate.pdf and email it to customercare@emobile.ie they will be able send it to our credit control team.
    Please ensure to enter your mobile number and account number with the form.

Tony

I have indeed Tony. I've the latest KIES as well.
    Still saying I have the latest firmware. But from reading on the android forum, I believe I'm missing two of the updates.

Would you be able to find out what the most recent baseband version is for the S3? I know it's only a minor issue, but I'd still would love to know whey I'm missing those updates.

Thanks!
    Hi BN,

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I have for what seems like nearly 2 years been receiving bills for some unknown person at my home.
    I tried to inform e Mobile they probably have an error and and maybe someone is even trying to defraud them as the person named on the bills is unknown to me and has never lived at my address, (own the house since it was built)
    e-Mobile seem to have an almost uncontactable customer service.

I dont have an account with them, never have, and from my dealings with them they are downright unhelpful.

They refuse to give me the contact details of their data protection officer, but insist I give them mine, even though I have never signed any agreement with them.
    I wont give them my details as they seem negligent in creating the account in the first place, they refuse to tell me how someone created an account using my address, when I told them all the bills are in my name I was accused of being negligent when disposing of my personal information, I told them that I shred everything.

Its one thing for someone to tolerate their customer service if you have agreed to sign up with them, but I signed nothing with them and they have bombarded me with bills for someone else for years.

I have contacted gardai, no answer from them since, COMREG say its not in their remit, Data Commisioner tell me to contact e-Mobile, e-Mobile are either uncontactable or completely unhelpful.

I do not want to hand my details to them as they seem utterly useless with ensuring the billing address was correct in the first place and do not want to make it worse.
    Their customer it seems was born in the vicinity of the Black Sea, I was born in Dublin.
    How do I get it to stop?

Still saying I have the latest firmware. But from reading on the android forum, I believe I'm missing two of the updates.

Would you be able to find out what the most recent baseband version is for the S3? I know it's only a minor issue, but I'd still would love to know whey I'm missing those updates.

Thanks!

Hi BN,

I will check this out for you and will respond shortly.

Tony
    Merch wrote: »
    I have for what seems like nearly 2 years been receiving bills for some unknown person at my home.
    I tried to inform e Mobile they probably have an error and and maybe someone is even trying to defraud them as the person named on the bills is unknown to me and has never lived at my address, (own the house since it was built)
    e-Mobile seem to have an almost uncontactable customer service.

I dont have an account with them, never have, and from my dealings with them they are downright unhelpful.

They refuse to give me the contact details of their data protection officer, but insist I give them mine, even though I have never signed any agreement with them.
    I wont give them my details as they seem negligent in creating the account in the first place, they refuse to tell me how someone created an account using my address, when I told them all the bills are in my name I was accused of being negligent when disposing of my personal information, I told them that I shred everything.

Its one thing for someone to tolerate their customer service if you have agreed to sign up with them, but I signed nothing with them and they have bombarded me with bills for someone else for years.

I have contacted gardai, no answer from them since, COMREG say its not in their remit, Data Commisioner tell me to contact e-Mobile, e-Mobile are either uncontactable or completely unhelpful.

I do not want to hand my details to them as they seem utterly useless with ensuring the billing address was correct in the first place and do not want to make it worse.
    Their customer it seems was born in the vicinity of the Black Sea, I was born in Dublin.
    How do I get it to stop?

Hi Merch,

If you PM the name and address on the bill to me and I will organsie for a message to be sent to the customer.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

emobile and data protection dont go too well.....
    apart from decieving customers into giving them personal information, their managers are, on an ongoing basis denyiing the existance of any form of data protectoin department or contact... one manager even went so far as to say it should be the fraud department that deals with such issues!!!
    anyway, despite their ongoing attempts to put you off,

lol call back.... its the way you tell them.... ah sure, at least humour isnt lost in these times ;-)

Hi Merch,

If you PM the name and address on the bill to me and I will organsie for a message to be sent to the customer.

Tony[/QUOTE]

I will PM the name and address on the bill to you, but i am not sure what that will do?
    I'm reasonably sure its a scam of some sort as why would e-mobile take years to get their customer to stop using the account? why after me having contacted e-mobile so many times, do they still insist on sending the bills to my address?

You must know where the phone has been in use, and I'm unsure why you dont have a fraud dept follow up and try trace the person that opened the account, do you have security cameras in stores? surely they provided a bank account of some kind, they must have had correct I.D. details to set one of those up.

Why did e-mobile never respond to my inquiry about how my address was used? about what details were provided that allowed an account to be set up at my address? all the utility bills (gas/electric etc) are in my name, I am exceptionally cautious about disposing of anything that has my details on it, everything is shredded, so nothing has come from me, therefore e-mobile, i.e. an e-mobile store? somewhere has allowed an account to be set up using counterfeit details, thats how it looks to me.

Also, I'm returning the letter i received today at my address with the unknown named persons name on it, it's not a bill.

I hope this will be the end of the misuse of my address.

edit, actually Tony, I'll PM you the details, but if you can reply to this first please, you haven't really said that you will stop sending bills to my address, what if the customer doesn't respond? will you stop sending bills to them at my address anyway?
    why dont you just contact them separately and stop sending me the bills anyway? put their bills online without a known address or something.

emobile and data protection dont go too well.....
    apart from decieving customers into giving them personal information, their managers are, on an ongoing basis denyiing the existance of any form of data protectoin department or contact... one manager even went so far as to say it should be the fraud department that deals with such issues!!!
    anyway, despite their ongoing attempts to put you off, ,

Thanks, i'll see how this goes here, if this fails then. I'll try the number, then back to the gardai again, see if they've turned anything up.

Thanks!

Hi BN,

The newest update available for this phone is the Android 4.0.4.

Do you have this update on your phone? If not can you PM the imei of the phone and I will get this looked into for you.

Tony

I will PM the name and address on the bill to you, but i am not sure what that will do?
    I'm reasonably sure its a scam of some sort as why would e-mobile take years to get their customer to stop using the account? why after me having contacted e-mobile so many times, do they still insist on sending the bills to my address?

You must know where the phone has been in use, and I'm unsure why you dont have a fraud dept follow up and try trace the person that opened the account, do you have security cameras in stores? surely they provided a bank account of some kind, they must have had correct I.D. details to set one of those up.

Why did e-mobile never respond to my inquiry about how my address was used? about what details were provided that allowed an account to be set up at my address? all the utility bills (gas/electric etc) are in my name, I am exceptionally cautious about disposing of anything that has my details on it, everything is shredded, so nothing has come from me, therefore e-mobile, i.e. an e-mobile store? somewhere has allowed an account to be set up using counterfeit details, thats how it looks to me.

Also, I'm returning the letter i received today at my address with the unknown named persons name on it, it's not a bill.

I hope this will be the end of the misuse of my address.

edit, actually Tony, I'll PM you the details, but if you can reply to this first please, you haven't really said that you will stop sending bills to my address, what if the customer doesn't respond? will you stop sending bills to them at my address anyway?
    why dont you just contact them separately and stop sending me the bills anyway? put their bills online without a known address or something.

Hi Merch,

The reason why i asked for the name and address on the form is so I can get a text message sent to this customer to update the postal address on the account.

I am unable to discuss account information for data protection reasons. Once the customer contacts us eMobile will advise that they need to alter the postal address.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Hi,

I have already been in contact several times with eMobile CC about this and my issue still isn't resolved. I have the Galaxy S3 on contract and I haven't been able to receive any picture messages/MMS. Before anyone says it, my APN settings are fine and I've tried both wifi and mobile data. I set the settings up myself and then got eMobile to send me the settings in case I got them wrong but they were exactly the same. I just want to know why this is happening? I have missed out on at least 4-5 MMS because of this problem and it's not fair that my friends are spending upwards of 50c to send me messages that I probably will never see at this stage. If you could come back to me with an answer on this issue I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    Hi,

I have already been in contact several times with eMobile CC about this and my issue still isn't resolved. I have the Galaxy S3 on contract and I haven't been able to receive any picture messages/MMS. Before anyone says it, my APN settings are fine and I've tried both wifi and mobile data. I set the settings up myself and then got eMobile to send me the settings in case I got them wrong but they were exactly the same. I just want to know why this is happening? I have missed out on at least 4-5 MMS because of this problem and it's not fair that my friends are spending upwards of 50c to send me messages that I probably will never see at this stage. If you could come back to me with an answer on this issue I'd appreciate it.
    heyya, i really dont know what is happening with their settings at the moment, they "fixed" mine internally the other day, and now they dont work at all, and guess what!! they cant undo what they did!! so instead of it not working some of the time, its now not working any of the time...
    hopefully they can sort yours though.... so maybe its not apn settings but an error on their internal systems when they change...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

heyya, i really dont know what is happening with their settings at the moment, they "fixed" mine internally the other day, and now they dont work at all, and guess what!! they cant undo what they did!! so instead of it not working some of the time, its now not working any of the time...
    hopefully they can sort yours though.... so maybe its not apn settings but an error on their internal systems when they change...

I think it must be. I had the exact same issue with o2 and my S2 but they fixed it after one phone call, wasn't an APN problem. It's really irritating.

Thanks, i'll see how this goes here, if this fails then. I'll try the number, then back to the gardai again, see if they've turned anything up.
    although you have been having problems with staff not aware of the data protection department within emobile, and although the forum have deleted the name of the contact i supplied( which is publicly available anyway.. so cant personally see the problem why it was edited out!! ) emobile have since advised me that they have emailed all their staff to let them know that they should be supplying you with those details... and they say they are tryiing to make sure it doesnt happen again. So you could... try them again... and check if they have opened their emails.....

I think an post operate a system where you can get mail blocked from being delivered!!! not fully sure about that though... i know its done in the uk, thought i heard it here too.... may be worth a shot....

Hi Tony,

I just noticed this evening that eMobile offer a data roaming add-on for the EU and US. It's something I'm very interested in.

But why is it only 50mb in EU vs 200mb in US for the same price? Surely it should be cheaper to data roam in the EU?

Thanks, BN

• Registered Users Posts: 9 xcooldriver

I was told my contract was cancel and is already 2 month time . I am still receiving the same answer like few more day, 10 more working days, is there anyone can give me the exact date my refund can be return even it means half year later

Hi Merch,

The reason why i asked for the name and address on the form is so I can get a text message sent to this customer to update the postal address on the account.

I am unable to discuss account information for data protection reasons. Once the customer contacts us eMobile will advise that they need to alter the postal address.

Tony

That doesnt really answer my question though, I believe it is a fraudulent account and e-mobile has declined to answer me how someone set up an account at my address and using what details.

So again, what if the customer doesnt respond to your request?? will you stop sending bills to my address??
    I dont believe there is a customer anymore, they would have responded already, clearly they dont care as your company thinks they reside at my address.

So again, when I provide the details to you, will you stop sending bills to someone unknown to me at my address? The bill name is eastern european, I'm Irish!
    I dont give a stuff if you contact the customer, just stop sending their bills to my address.
    AND
    HOW DID e-Mobile ALLOW AN ACCOUNT BE SET UP AT MY ADDRESS and WITH WHAT DETAILS, caps for emphasis as e-mobile have not gotten the message for as long as I have tried contacting your organisation, which is too numerous to recount.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi dorgasm,

Could you enable data on your phone and send yourself a picture message. Could you advise what happens after this. If the issue is not resolved could you PM your mobile number and pin and I can investigate further.

Tony
    Hi Tony,

I just noticed this evening that eMobile offer a data roaming add-on for the EU and US. It's something I'm very interested in.

But why is it only 50mb in EU vs 200mb in US for the same price? Surely it should be cheaper to data roam in the EU?

Thanks, BN

Hi BN,

This is the only option available to eMobile for data roaming add - ons. Let me know if you want this to be added. This add on will only remain on your account for 30 days.

Tony
    I was told my contract was cancel and is already 2 month time . I am still receiving the same answer like few more day, 10 more working days, is there anyone can give me the exact date my refund can be return even it means half year later

Hi xcooldriver,

If you PM your mobile number and pin I can get this looked into for you.

Tony

That doesnt really answer my question though, I believe it is a fraudulent account and e-mobile has declined to answer me how someone set up an account at my address and using what details.

So again, what if the customer doesnt respond to your request?? will you stop sending bills to my address??
    I dont believe there is a customer anymore, they would have responded already, clearly they dont care as your company thinks they reside at my address.

So again, when I provide the details to you, will you stop sending bills to someone unknown to me at my address? The bill name is eastern european, I'm Irish!
    I dont give a stuff if you contact the customer, just stop sending their bills to my address.
    AND
    HOW DID e-Mobile ALLOW AN ACCOUNT BE SET UP AT MY ADDRESS and WITH WHAT DETAILS, caps for emphasis as e-mobile have not gotten the message for as long as I have tried contacting your organisation, which is too numerous to recount.

Hi Merch,

As you have advised that the account was not set up in your name I would be unable to discuss account information with you. Once I receive the details I previously requested I will be able get a message sent to the account holder to alter the postal address.

Tony

Hi Merch,

As you have advised that the account was not set up in your name I would be unable to discuss account information with you. Once I receive the details I previously requested I will be able get a message sent to the account holder to alter the postal address.

Tony

I dont want to know about the account details, you post the bills to my address, I already have access to that information if i want.

Instead of beating around the bush, how about just answer me this,

If your customer fails to answer which i expect, will you stop sending the bills to my address anyway??

• Advertisement

I dont want to know about the account details, you post the bills to my address, I already have access to that information if i want.

Instead of beating around the bush, how about just answer me this,

If your customer fails to answer which i expect, will you stop sending the bills to my address anyway??

Hi Merch,

In order for the bills to stop being sent to your address the account holder will need to alter the postal address. This is the reason why I ask you to advise of the name and address on the bill.

Tony

Advertisement