Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Tony,

Any update on my text messaging issue?

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Hi Opus
    Thanks for your post and apologies for delay in answering this... I do not know the answer here but will find out for you.
    Tony

Hi Opus,

The video on this link will go through the complete process for testing and setting up fast dormancy with an S3. I hope this helps

http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-tv-2/fast-dormancy-the-whole-story-xda-developer-tv/

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aodhan2

Hi tony

Wait til I give you a laugh . I phoned sales to try transfer from my current contract of 100 mins and texts and 1 gb data , to the 35 euro special offer of unlimited calls texts etc . I actually wanted to spend more a month ! I know crazy considering a top up customer gets a better deal then a bill pay customer, and a new customer gets treated better then an existing one ! Go figure . Anyway I phoned on three occasions only to get a leave q message and we will get back to you message . That's fine did that . FIVE days after I left these messages I get two call backs . What use is that. I was going to buy an I phone and a contract for 18 months! In total approx 1000 euro min.plus bring my girlfriend over.
    Anyway just to say you should really try not end up like meteor who are a disgrace even though your all under the same company .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Hi Tony,

I am hoping you can help me, I have about €40 of credit on my phone through bonus credit and 50% extra credit.

Is there any way I can use €40 to enable me to avail of the 250 mins/texts/ mb data plan for next 2 months. (ie €20 this month and €20 next month)

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Any chance of having a look at this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Oooops is this a thread for all EMobile related queries/issues? I set up a new thread there for the webtext.

Is the site down? trying to login and get an error at this URL

https://myaccount.emobile.ie/go/myemobile-login-manager

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Oooops is this a thread for all EMobile related queries/issues? I set up a new thread there for the webtext.

Is the site down? trying to login and get an error at this URL

https://myaccount.emobile.ie/go/myemobile-login-manager
    Hi Leslie91,

We have had confirmation that there is an issue at the moment and we are working hard to get it fixed. We should have an update shortly.

Tony

Any chance of having a look at this for me?

Hi richard2010,

Could you PM me your mobile number and pin and I will check this out.
    Tony

POKERKING wrote: »
    My wife is having awful trouble taking delivery of her phone wish she purchased last week, emaiol support are days behind and telephone support have not been much help.

Who is best to PM about this issue to get it sorted once and for all before my wife gives up and cancels the order?

HI POKERKING,

If you have still not received the phone PM me the order number and I will chase this up.

Tony

aodhan2 wrote: »
    Hi tony

Wait til I give you a laugh . I phoned sales to try transfer from my current contract of 100 mins and texts and 1 gb data , to the 35 euro special offer of unlimited calls texts etc . I actually wanted to spend more a month ! I know crazy considering a top up customer gets a better deal then a bill pay customer, and a new customer gets treated better then an existing one ! Go figure . Anyway I phoned on three occasions only to get a leave q message and we will get back to you message . That's fine did that . FIVE days after I left these messages I get two call backs . What use is that. I was going to buy an I phone and a contract for 18 months! In total approx 1000 euro min.plus bring my girlfriend over.
    Anyway just to say you should really try not end up like meteor who are a disgrace even though your all under the same company .
    Thanks

Hi aodhan2,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad customer experience. If you would like me to look into this matter further or arrange a call from a representative to go through anything with you PM me your details and I will do so.

Thanks Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

went to emobile shop told them that i was losing credit on my phone and didnt know why and he said he ring and block data or something.i checked before i left the house my credit and it was 16.80 thought every thing was sorted. my phone was used once in the next 5 hour and i checked it to see and all that was left was 1.30 ring up and they told me they could block internet but that i would not my money back could somebody tell me what going on :mad:not a happy customer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

"Tony,
    I emailed Gareth to ask he formally request the pulse ID that I set up with the Gardai, the garda I spoke to couldn't understand why e-mobile wouldnt report this as you clearly have a problem, ie Im not your customer, you're just harrassing me really even up till yesterday you are sending bills to my home address.

I would like to know is gareth sending that formal request to me for the pulse ID, its been two days since I asked him to confirm if he has done that and I have gotten no reply to my email.

I have gone to the trouble of going to the gardai to get this done and the gardai have set it up, I do not want to be dishing out sensitive information online/by text so requested gareth post the request to me in writing, is that some kind of problem?

E-mobile have insisted I make the complaint to the gardai to set up a pulse IS, I have that now.

Now I want the formal request in writing, to include the postal address and the email to be used on headed paper, so I know its e-mobile (you have my address), when I receive this I will post the ID in writing so we both have a formal record of it plus I will then email it then also.
    "

TONY, the above italicised was my pm to you on the 17th, which you didnt bother to answer,
    Gareth insisted I go to the gardai to get them to set up a pulse ID for the problem I previously mentioned (a number of bills arriving at my address from your company which I believe to be fraudulent accounts,i.e. the e-mobile/meteor group, to people that have never lived at my address, and that are unknown to me)
    Gareth insisted nothing could be done unless I went to the Gardai to get this pulse ID set up, the Garda I dealt with couldnt understand why e-mobile couldnt make the complaint to them directly. I have the pulse ID, Gareth seems quite lax about getting this off me, I want a request for this ID in writing on headed paper and people named on it that I should send it to, so that I know who I am sending this information to. I am not happy to forward it effectively to some unknown online or by text only.

Can you please supply me with gareths managers details also? I'd like to make a complaint given I have for YEARS tried to stop your company's SPAM. Gareth is dicking around a bit considering I am trying to help you despite having no obligation to, I just want your SPAM to stop and have tried for years to make you aware that the bills which you send to my address are very likely a fraud, as they dont seem to get paid off, any normal person would suggest you close the accounts. (I can provide the emails for everyone to see). Gareth insisted I make the complaint to the Gardai, and seems in no hurry to get this PULSE ID he was so insistent on having?
    He waited 6 days before responding to one email and then another 6 days to my reply.

I'm considering going back to the Gardai to make a complaint of wasting their time, given that you (e-mobile) insited you wanted the PULSE ID and now are in no hurry or even seem inclined to want it anymore

ALL this and you still send bills to my address

So send me someones name and someones address (the relevant person that I can send this PULSE ID to, by the method I request, ie letter, so i can send the information to you)

I wonder how e-mobile/meteor is in business.

Also, ensure any further communications between us doesn't include the suggestion (another) of me being the person operating the accounts.

beaver111 wrote: »
    went to emobile shop told them that i was losing credit on my phone and didnt know why and he said he ring and block data or something.i checked before i left the house my credit and it was 16.80 thought every thing was sorted. my phone was used once in the next 5 hour and i checked it to see and all that was left was 1.30 ring up and they told me they could block internet but that i would not my money back could somebody tell me what going on :mad:not a happy customer

Hi beaver111,

If you PM me your mobile number and pin I will look into this for you.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I just noticed this evening that eMobile offer a data roaming add-on for the EU and US. It's something I'm very interested in.

But why is it only 50mb in EU vs 200mb in US for the same price? Surely it should be cheaper to data roam in the EU?

Thanks, BN

Hi BN,

To my understanding this is due to the various deals that would be negotiated with different networks abroad.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

5 days since i posted and i'm still waiting for an answer.
    I must be mad staying with this network.
    Any update on what you were looking into, Tony.

Hi Tony,

You had already answered that query.

Please can you give me an update on my text messaging issue?

Thanks
    Hi BN,

To my understanding this is due to the various deals that would be negotiated with different networks abroad.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Any update on my text messaging issue?

Thanks.

Hi BearNecessities,

I have sent you a PM in relation to this.

Tony

Hi Tony - thanks for the update.

This issue only arose after I ported my number to eMobile.
    This would indicate a routing issue with my number or else eMobile do not have an sms agreement with Orane UK?

Can you please check again with your tech team?
    Hi BearNecessities,

I have sent you a PM in relation to this.

Tony

Incredible, i seem to be invisible.
    Gonna cancel now.
    Definitely the most shambolic customer experience i've ever had.

Incredible, i seem to be invisible.
    Gonna cancel now.
    Definitely the most shambolic customer experience i've ever had.
    Hi Taking everything,

I have sent you a PM and I should have an update shortly.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

Hi Opus,

The video on this link will go through the complete process for testing and setting up fast dormancy with an S3. I hope this helps

http://www.xda-developers.com/xda-tv-2/fast-dormancy-the-whole-story-xda-developer-tv/

Tony

Thanks for the video Tony but the question remains should it be enabled or not for eMobile?
    Finally, Erica talks about what happens if you disable or enable Fast Dormancy and how your cellular network provider’s policies can impact the state changes.

I'm just looking for an enable or disable answer.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

A quick google tells me there are a fair few people who've had similar experiences to me.
    Diabolical company.
    I'd warn anyone thinking of signing up to stay well clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Hi richard2010,

Could you PM me your mobile number and pin and I will check this out.
    Tony

PM sent Tony!

A quick google tells me there are a fair few people who've had similar experiences to me.
    Diabolical company.
    I'd warn anyone thinking of signing up to stay well clear.

Hi taking everything,

I have sent you on a PM in relation to your account.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hi taking everything,

I have sent you on a PM in relation to your account.

Tony

Is there something accidentally ironic about that

That posters username is take everything, you cant even get that right and its in front of you

Taking everything and giving nothing but grief in return

You should change your user name to that maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Hello,
    I am having issues with my BlackBerry accessing certain site through WIFI. I have been in contact with BlackBerry and have been told that these site are blocked by request of Emobile/Meteor. They have told me that the only way that they can be accessed is if Emobile/Meteor request them to be.
    Why are these site being block through by Emobile? I am not happy with this since when I bought my phone I was not told of this intentional restriction.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Hi beaver111,

If you PM me your mobile number and pin I will look into this for you.

Tony

thanks for nothing tony:mad:

beaver111 wrote: »
    thanks for nothing tony:mad:

Hi beaver111,

I have sent you on PM.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi Tony,
    I sent you a PM last week.
    Could you take a look when you get a chance please?
    All good with the service etc. very happy with it , just a query I need answered.
    Many Thanks
    Sham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 TralalaJr

Do Meteor sim cards work in emobile-locked phones? I bought an emobile sim a while ago to use in a locked phone but am not pleased with the limited options for topping up and thinking of getting a Meteor sim.

Advertisement