Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Diegodelizia

So... I get my emobile bill a few days ago and to my surprise I see a two-hour and four minutes call made while roaming in the UK, for a total of over 34 EUR + VAT.

I check my phone and the call is there, but it's only four minutes long!

So I call emobile business and ask them to credit the balance as it's obviously a billing error.

They say they will do a "technical check" and ring back the next morning to say that they checked with the UK provider and that they confirmed that the call was indeed 2 hours and 4 minutes long.

This is not at all the case, I said, but they claimed that the UK provider told them that it was, and therefore, there was "nothing they could do about it". They even offered to "meet me half way" and only charge 17 Euro for the call instead of 34.

My biggest shock however was when I offered to take the phone to an emobile shop so that they could verify that I was not making up the call log (of course, I was not expecting them to take me at my word). They said that "if you had done this to start with we would have taken it into consideration but since we did a technical check instead, at this point we cannot change our position any more".

I was utterly shocked - they refused to even allow me to show that they are wrong?? I haven't had such bafflingly bad customer service since I was in Italy.

Before I go to comreg with an official complaint, do you know if there is something else I can do at this point?

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

TralalaJr wrote: »
    Do Meteor sim cards work in emobile-locked phones? I bought an emobile sim a while ago to use in a locked phone but am not pleased with the limited options for topping up and thinking of getting a Meteor sim.

HI TralalaJr,

The phone may already be unlocked. You could try a Meteor sim in it and see if it works.

Tony

So... I get my emobile bill a few days ago and to my surprise I see a two-hour and four minutes call made while roaming in the UK, for a total of over 34 EUR + VAT.

I check my phone and the call is there, but it's only four minutes long!

So I call emobile business and ask them to credit the balance as it's obviously a billing error.

They say they will do a "technical check" and ring back the next morning to say that they checked with the UK provider and that they confirmed that the call was indeed 2 hours and 4 minutes long.

This is not at all the case, I said, but they claimed that the UK provider told them that it was, and therefore, there was "nothing they could do about it". They even offered to "meet me half way" and only charge 17 Euro for the call instead of 34.

My biggest shock however was when I offered to take the phone to an emobile shop so that they could verify that I was not making up the call log (of course, I was not expecting them to take me at my word). They said that "if you had done this to start with we would have taken it into consideration but since we did a technical check instead, at this point we cannot change our position any more".

I was utterly shocked - they refused to even allow me to show that they are wrong?? I haven't had such bafflingly bad customer service since I was in Italy.

Before I go to comreg with an official complaint, do you know if there is something else I can do at this point?

Hi Diegodelizia,

I can see that you left a note on the forum also therefore we already have your account details. We are currently looking into this matter for you and I should have further information for you today.

Thanks Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi Tony,
    Any reply for me on my PM?
    Cheers.
    Sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Scolopax

Hi,

My 18 month contract with emobile is up and I want to leave.
    I understand that I have to give 30 days notice in writing to do this.
    But what happens if I just port my number to my new provider now ?
    Will my emobile account close automatically ?
    Will I have to pay a penalty in lieu of 30 days notice ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Scolopax wrote: »
    Hi,

My 18 month contract with emobile is up and I want to leave.
    I understand that I have to give 30 days notice in writing to do this.
    But what happens if I just port my number to my new provider now ?
    Will my emobile account close automatically ?
    Will I have to pay a penalty in lieu of 30 days notice ?

Thanks

Hi Scolopax,

When cancelling with eMobile 30 days notice is required for all customers. If you port to another network before your 30 days notice you would still be charged for the full 30 days.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭IsMiseDaithair

Hi,

I had two billpay phones registered in my phone, on my self and my partner. My partner has changed to pre-pay now but I want to change the details on the sim card in to her name so that she can switch providers or get a bill in her own name. She cant ring customer care about the phone at all as they wont speak to her as I am the account holder. Can you help me out please as I have rang customer care twice on this and they just keep adding notes to the account which is not what I want

Hi Diegodelizia,

I can see that you left a note on the forum also therefore we already have your account details. We are currently looking into this matter for you and I should have further information for you today.

Thanks Tony

Hi Diegodelizia,

Sarah has informed me that she has gotten back to you on the forum with a response to your query.

Thanks Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jossul1179

Hi Tony,
    Can you reply to this?
    jossul1179 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am having issues with my BlackBerry accessing certain site through WIFI. I have been in contact with BlackBerry and have been told that these site are blocked by request of Emobile/Meteor. They have told me that the only way that they can be accessed is if Emobile/Meteor request them to be.
    Why are these site being block through by Emobile? I am not happy with this since when I bought my phone I was not told of this intentional restriction.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

I signed up to Thirty Twenty Any Net Talk text package and put €20 into my phone. I tried to send an international text and I got a text back saying - not enough credit- cannot deliver. What is this all about?? Why can I not send international texts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Do I have to do anything to ensure roaming is enabled on my phone?

Will be in the UK soon, and will need phone access.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Diegodelizia

Hi Diegodelizia,

Sarah has informed me that she has gotten back to you on the forum with a response to your query.

Thanks Tony

Well, she has and she hasn't, because she just repeated what I already knew, that is, that the roaming partner's systems show that there is a 2-hour long call.

I understand it's probably a technical glitch and the roaming partner's system did not record the call ending 4 minutes after it started. However my complaint stems from the fact that you are not accepting that I show the phone to an eMobile shop to prove that the call was not two hours long, because "the investigation into the matter has already been closed".

This is like me paying for a newspaper with an €50 bill and receiving change for a €5 bill, then being told that "you didn't give me a €50 bill, but I refuse to let you prove it because, look, I already closed the till."

You should reopen the matter and I will go to an eMobile shop and prove that the call is only 4 minutes long. The number, time and date match - but it shows the correct duration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boardmonkey

Hi emobile,
    I ordered and paid for a new phone / contract over a week ago and it was supposed to be delivered the following day, I phoned up to see if the phone was dispatched and I was promised that it would be delivered the following day ever since and still no sign of it. What is the problem with emobile and why so many broken promises??

Hi emobile,
    I ordered and paid for a new phone / contract over a week ago and it was supposed to be delivered the following day, I phoned up to see if the phone was dispatched and I was promised that it would be delivered the following day ever since and still no sign of it. What is the problem with emobile and why so many broken promises??

Hi boardmonkey,

Could you PM me your order number and I will check this out for you.

Tony

Hi Tony,

So to be clear, I can port my number today, I will be charged for the 30 day period and my a/c will be closed ?
    Sounds easier than making phone calls, sending written notification and waiting 30 days !
    Or am I missing something ?

Thanks again.
    Hi Scolopax,

When cancelling with eMobile 30 days notice is required for all customers. If you port to another network before your 30 days notice you would still be charged for the full 30 days.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭IsMiseDaithair

Hi,

I had two billpay phones registered in my phone, on my self and my partner. My partner has changed to pre-pay now but I want to change the details on the sim card in to her name so that she can switch providers or get a bill in her own name. She cant ring customer care about the phone at all as they wont speak to her as I am the account holder. Can you help me out please as I have rang customer care twice on this and they just keep adding notes to the account which is not what I want

Can anyone hep me on this ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boardmonkey

After waiting over a week for the phone which was supposed to arrive the next day am now told that it will at least next Tuesday before it will arrive, over 2 weeks later :mad: So much for customer service, please cancel my order and refund my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

Butterball wrote: »
    I signed up to Thirty Twenty Any Net Talk text package and put €20 into my phone. I tried to send an international text and I got a text back saying - not enough credit- cannot deliver. What is this all about?? Why can I not send international texts??

???????????? Still wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????? Still no wiser on the issue!

Butterball wrote: »
    ???????????? Still wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????? Still no wiser on the issue!

Hi Butterball,

When you register for the plan and to up by €20 we give you the minutes and texts etc in exchange for the €20. If you wish to make international calls you would need to top up with more credit.

Thanks Tony

After waiting over a week for the phone which was supposed to arrive the next day am now told that it will at least next Tuesday before it will arrive, over 2 weeks later :mad: So much for customer service, please cancel my order and refund my money.

Hi boardmonkey,

I am sorry to hear that your order has been delayed. I have checked this for but I am afraid we would have no way of speeding this up. In order to cancel you would need to call our customer care department on 1800 609 00 00.

Thanks,

Tony

• Advertisement

Well ?
    Hi Tony,

So to be clear, I can port my number today, I will be charged for the 30 day period and my a/c will be closed ?
    Sounds easier than making phone calls, sending written notification and waiting 30 days !
    Or am I missing something ?

Thanks again.

Well ?

HI Scolopax,

If you are out of contract this would be the case, If you would like to PM me your mobile number and PIN I can double check your account to clarify this as you would still need to give 30 days notice before leaving the network

Thanks Tony

Well, she has and she hasn't, because she just repeated what I already knew, that is, that the roaming partner's systems show that there is a 2-hour long call.

I understand it's probably a technical glitch and the roaming partner's system did not record the call ending 4 minutes after it started. However my complaint stems from the fact that you are not accepting that I show the phone to an eMobile shop to prove that the call was not two hours long, because "the investigation into the matter has already been closed".

This is like me paying for a newspaper with an €50 bill and receiving change for a €5 bill, then being told that "you didn't give me a €50 bill, but I refuse to let you prove it because, look, I already closed the till."

You should reopen the matter and I will go to an eMobile shop and prove that the call is only 4 minutes long. The number, time and date match - but it shows the correct duration.

Hi Diegodelizia,

I understand were you are coming from and in relation to reopening the matter Sarah is currently dealing with this and she will keep you informed.

Tony

Can anyone hep me on this ???????

Hi IsMiseDaithair,

Could you PM me the mobile and PIN and I will look into this.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi there,

My mother is with Emobile and her package is the Seven-10 any network talk/texts. Basically she tops up with €10 and she gets the any network texts and minutes for a week. She has it set up that the ten euro is automatically being taken from her bank account every week.

She is going on holidays for a week to Spain and I need to know, will her package work while abroad? and if not if she tops up her phone with extra credit will that allow it to work?

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    Any reply for me on my PM?
    Cheers.
    Sham.

Still waiting for a reply on my Query via PM Tony?
    Nearly 2 weeks :(
    Thanks
    Sham.

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    I sent you a PM last week.
    Could you take a look when you get a chance please?
    All good with the service etc. very happy with it , just a query I need answered.
    Many Thanks
    Sham.

Hi Sham69,

Apologies for the delayed response. Could you PM me your mobile number and pin.

Thanks

Tony

augusta24 wrote: »
    Hi there,

My mother is with Emobile and her package is the Seven-10 any network talk/texts. Basically she tops up with €10 and she gets the any network texts and minutes for a week. She has it set up that the ten euro is automatically being taken from her bank account every week.

She is going on holidays for a week to Spain and I need to know, will her package work while abroad? and if not if she tops up her phone with extra credit will that allow it to work?

Many thanks.

Hi Augusta24,

Once she tops up by €10 the plan will activate as normal but it is only available within Ireland. She would need to top up additional credit on top of this to be able to make calls whilst abroad. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Hi,
    What is the purpose of your customer care and what is their remit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭brian_m

Hi,

I have a HTC sensation and live in the South East. Over the last week my phone is frequently losing all signal and then going through the 'registering on network screen' in areas where I never had signal issues before. It is also randomly switching itself off... I believe this is related to the device switching between GSM & WDCMA...? Are there any recent problems in the South East with cell coverage in general or are other Sensation customers calling you with the same problems. It is extremely disruptive and annoying

Advertisement