Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

brian_m wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a HTC sensation and live in the South East. Over the last week my phone is frequently losing all signal and then going through the 'registering on network screen' in areas where I never had signal issues before. It is also randomly switching itself off... I believe this is related to the device switching between GSM & WDCMA...? Are there any recent problems in the South East with cell coverage in general or are other Sensation customers calling you with the same problems. It is extremely disruptive and annoying

Hi brian_m,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN and I will look into this.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭brian_m

Hi brian_m,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN and I will look into this.

Tony

Hi Tony,

sent, thanks

brian_m wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

sent, thanks

Thanks brian_m,

I will look into this and get back to you shortly.

Tony

rednik wrote: »
    Hi,
    What is the purpose of your customer care and what is their remit?

Hi rednik,

We would have various departments that deal with different aspects of an account or service. The processes (remit) can vary depending on the customer issue or query and is dependent on what may need to be dine in order to get it resolved.

If you have any queries or issues you can post here or PM me and I will be happy to look into it for you.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

To whom it may concern
    , i am contacting you regarding a problem i am having with my Htc sensation, i have this phone since October, when i opened up a bill account with emobile.
    The phone is virtually useless now as it keeps knocking off and then installing app updates and giving false battery readings.
    I have been up to the store last week and i was told to do a factory reset and go back on to gingerbread man.
    When i done this i lost over 20 apps and some numbers from the phone ,but the problem is still there.
    I went up to the Santry store today and explained what was wrong ,they said they could send my phone off to be looked at but had no loan phone to give me, so i went over to your Blanchardstown store and explained what was wrong to them, they gave me a loan of a nokia phone while they were going to send my Htc off to be looked at, when i got home and charged the phone and turned it on the screen was broke so i had to go back up again and all they could offer me was a old nokia that had no Internet and that could not take my sd card which meant i would have no contacts or use of email for a minimum of 2 weeks.
    As i need my phone for work this was no good to me.
    I than rang customer care to see what could be done and i was told that the lend phones are only on a basis of availability.
    I am sorry but that is not my problem i am in a contract on a top plan with emobile and my bills are paid on time every month so my end of the contract is being kept.
    If emobile can not stand over a 400 euro phone that they sold me less than a year ago and provide me with support on it then that end of the contract is not being kept.
    ,i have wasted my whole morning on the phone and driving to stores and find your customer support appalling.
    This is a Htc problem that a number of my friends are having also ,sending this phone off to be fixed will not sort anything on it as it is a firmware and software issue but i was prepared to let it be sent off to be checked , my friends that are having the problems are with other network providers and received excellent support and were offered replacement phones as the the provider has recognised this is a software problem on Htcs

• Advertisement

lb1981 wrote: »
    To whom it may concern
    , i am contacting you regarding a problem i am having with my Htc sensation, i have this phone since October, when i opened up a bill account with emobile.
    The phone is virtually useless now as it keeps knocking off and then installing app updates and giving false battery readings.
    I have been up to the store last week and i was told to do a factory reset and go back on to gingerbread man.
    When i done this i lost over 20 apps and some numbers from the phone ,but the problem is still there.
    I went up to the Santry store today and explained what was wrong ,they said they could send my phone off to be looked at but had no loan phone to give me, so i went over to your Blanchardstown store and explained what was wrong to them, they gave me a loan of a nokia phone while they were going to send my Htc off to be looked at, when i got home and charged the phone and turned it on the screen was broke so i had to go back up again and all they could offer me was a old nokia that had no Internet and that could not take my sd card which meant i would have no contacts or use of email for a minimum of 2 weeks.
    As i need my phone for work this was no good to me.
    I than rang customer care to see what could be done and i was told that the lend phones are only on a basis of availability.
    I am sorry but that is not my problem i am in a contract on a top plan with emobile and my bills are paid on time every month so my end of the contract is being kept.
    If emobile can not stand over a 400 euro phone that they sold me less than a year ago and provide me with support on it then that end of the contract is not being kept.
    ,i have wasted my whole morning on the phone and driving to stores and find your customer support appalling.
    This is a Htc problem that a number of my friends are having also ,sending this phone off to be fixed will not sort anything on it as it is a firmware and software issue but i was prepared to let it be sent off to be checked , my friends that are having the problems are with other network providers and received excellent support and were offered replacement phones as the the provider has recognised this is a software problem on Htcs

Hi lb1981,

I am sorry that you have had a bad customer experience. If you would like to PM me your mobile number and PIN I will be happy to look into this for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

When I log into "My eMobile" login on the website, it logs me in but then logs me out within a second saying "Invalid login. Please try again".

Trying again and it's the same.

Even though my details are correct.

It's not my browser that's at fault, as I can't access on either my iPhone/laptop/desktop pc.

Any ideas?

Col200sx wrote: »
    When I log into "My eMobile" login on the website, it logs me in but then logs me out within a second saying "Invalid login. Please try again".

Trying again and it's the same.

Even though my details are correct.

It's not my browser that's at fault, as I can't access on either my iPhone/laptop/desktop pc.

Any ideas?

Hi Col200sx,

Could you PM me your mobile number and PIN and I will check this out for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Hi Col200sx,

Tony

Thanks Tony, pm'd you my details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Tony,
    With this in mind, I dont care about any ongoing investigations regarding your company spamming me, you must have been well aware this (Below) was going on, will you make sure you get on to gareth about my specific query and ensure no more bills arrive at my door.
    I feel vindicated, not to mention it is quite despicable that your company played the eejit claiming I must have mislaid my information or how gareth suggested false documents could be forged, yet your company lost information it had in its possession.
    Seriously, this ties in with my experience very closely that Im suprised it didnt come up before or that I've only come across it now.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0910/emobile-meteor-guilty-of-data-legislation-breach.html
    Meteor and eMobile plead guilty to data legislation breaches

Updated: 22:21, Monday, 10 September 2012

Two telecoms companies have pleaded guilty to multiple breaches of data protection legislation at the Dublin District Court.

Two laptops were stolen containing customer's personal data

They have been ordered to pay a total of €30,000 to two charities.

The charges follow the theft of two unencrypted laptops from the office of Eircom Ltd, trading as eMobile, and Meteor Mobile Communications Ltd, trading as Meteor, in Parkwest in Dublin late in 2011 or early in 2012...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Please don't copy/paste entire articles from other publications, it's a copyright issue.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, pm'd you my details.
    Thanx Col200sx
    Have your details and will be back to you soon.
    Tony

Merch wrote: »
    Tony,
    With this in mind, I dont care about any ongoing investigations regarding your company spamming me, you must have been well aware this (Below) was going on, will you make sure you get on to gareth about my specific query and ensure no more bills arrive at my door.
    I feel vindicated, not to mention it is quite despicable that your company played the eejit claiming I must have mislaid my information or how gareth suggested false documents could be forged, yet your company lost information it had in its possession.
    Seriously, this ties in with my experience very closely that Im suprised it didnt come up before or that I've only come across it now.

Hi Merch

I can advise that as you are not a customer with us, the particular incident would not feature in your particular case. I have of course contacted the Data Protection officer and can see that he did contact you on the 07/08. At this time he had asked for some information. I will PM you now also.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Hi Merch

I can advise that as you are not a customer with us, the particular incident would not feature in your particular case. I have of course contacted the Data Protection officer and can see that he did contact you on the 07/08. At this time he had asked for some information. I will PM you now also.
    Tony

Well, I was highlighting the casualness of your dealings with peoples personal information, I was accused at one stage of being careless by emobile with some documents and that is how you claimed allowed someone to set up numerous accounts at my address, of course that never happened, I know that and the rte article points at emobile as being an organisation that infracts legislation in that regard. Also your post is somewhat inaccurate regarding other information, not just that you suggesting it was the data protection officer that contacted me, he contacted me becuause I contacted you through boards, as you had refused to deal with me until that time.... As I am not currently or for a long time been a customer with that group (meteor/emobile) before emobile existed. so I was unaware if you had my details from previously really and i wondered was this the only instance of leaks of personal information.

I will look out for further communications from the "Data protection officer" I'll assume you use that title loosely.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

I have arrived in UK on business and have absolutely no coverage. Using an iPhone 4s and simply getting 'searching' followed by 'no coverage'. I have restarted device a number of times to no avail.

About 15 mins of free wifi left at airport and need to be making calls now.

Need this sorted immediately.

Previously in northern ireland I had similar issues but lived with it. I can't afford that luxury today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

couple of questions on the 30twenty prepay offer

what way does the 120 free credit work?

and can i call 1890s free on the package?

thanks

M cebee wrote: »
    couple of questions on the 30twenty prepay offer

what way does the 120 free credit work?

and can i call 1890s free on the package?

thanks

Hi M cebee,

The plan does not include 1890 numbers and they are usually charged at a local rate.

In order to avail of the promotional credit you would need to have ported your number to eMobile or upgraded your existing pre pay handset.

You then need to register the details on My eMobile within 30 days.

The €120 credit is then given in €10 installments over a period of 12 months providing a top up of €20 is made each month.

Tony

BarryM3 wrote: »
    I have arrived in UK on business and have absolutely no coverage. Using an iPhone 4s and simply getting 'searching' followed by 'no coverage'. I have restarted device a number of times to no avail.

Previously in northern ireland I had similar issues but lived with it. I can't afford that luxury today!

Hi BarryM3,

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Hi M cebee,

The plan does not include 1890 numbers and they are usually charged at a local rate.

In order to avail of the promotional credit you would need to have ported your number to eMobile or upgraded your existing pre pay handset.

You then need to register the details on My eMobile within 30 days.

The €120 credit is then given in €10 installments over a period of 12 months providing a top up of €20 is made each month.

Tony
    thanks-unfortunately that's prob a dealbreaker for me as the offer debits the 20 euro top-up and my van breakdown cover(for example) is a 1890 number-so i would also have to maintain credit

is it possible to buy an internet add-on using the 10E promotional credit?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Been with emobile for 19 months on a rolling contract ....I asked if there was any thing off a new phone ....Nope
    Think I will be moving

• Advertisement

Vego wrote: »
    Been with emobile for 19 months on a rolling contract ....I asked if there was any thing off a new phone ....Nope
    Think I will be moving

Hi Vego,

Could you PM me your mobile number and pin and I will check this out.

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

No need was just venting had a great conversation on the phone with a rep that did very little to keep me as a customer

Thanks anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

tony, please tell me, when roaming in the uk, are you charged when you;

A; receive calls?
    B; Check voicemail on 171?

BarryM3 wrote: »

emobile did this to me also, very annoying and they need €60 from you to open you up to roaming..........what a joke........for a billpay customer.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Bad enough they do this to you, but they never tell you this will happen, so how the FUNK can you ring anyone to sort it out when it does happen because you have no phone coverage........

...........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........you could'nt make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TamTaRam

Hi. I wanted to avail of the special offer online (at emobile.ie/specialoffer), I entered the discount code that I received by post (which allows me to buy bill plan for 34.50 monthly), but when I went to the last step (step 5) of the checkout process the price of the bill plan changed to ab. 70 euro. The discount code should be automatically applied, and it was in step 1, but not in step 5, so I didn't know whether to finalize the purchase or not. If I avail of this offer online and the amount (with the code entered correctly) of the bill pay plan will show more than 34.50 in the last step, will I still get the discounted price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

MidlandsM wrote: »
    emobile did this to me also, very annoying and they need €60 from you to open you up to roaming..........what a joke........for a billpay customer.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Bad enough they do this to you, but they never tell you this will happen, so how the FUNK can you ring anyone to sort it out when it does happen because you have no phone coverage........

...........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........you could'nt make it up.

To be fair, is that not standard with most operators? Alot of people who don't travel overseas might prefer not to have international calls enabled in case they get stung for charges.

I haven't had a bill phone for years but signed with emobile recently and somehow I was able to figure it out and ring them before I went on holidays:D

TamTaRam wrote: »
    Hi. I wanted to avail of the special offer online (at emobile.ie/specialoffer), I entered the discount code that I received by post (which allows me to buy bill plan for 34.50 monthly), but when I went to the last step (step 5) of the checkout process the price of the bill plan changed to ab. 70 euro. The discount code should be automatically applied, and it was in step 1, but not in step 5, so I didn't know whether to finalize the purchase or not. If I avail of this offer online and the amount (with the code entered correctly) of the bill pay plan will show more than 34.50 in the last step, will I still get the discounted price?

Hi TamTaRam,

Providing you have the vouched code and you entered it then it should be alright to finalize the sale. You should receive confirmation at the very end that the order has been submitted for the correct price. If you have any reservations you can place your order over the phone by calling
    1800 69 00 00.

Let me know how you get on.

Tony

loopymum wrote: »
    To be fair, is that not standard with most operators? :D

no loopy, its not standard and has'nt and was'nt with other operators i was with over the years.

Tony, can you answer my questions please? Just need clarification, thanks:)

MidlandsM wrote: »
    no loopy, its not standard and has'nt and was'nt with other operators i was with over the years.

Tony, can you answer my questions please? Just need clarification, thanks:)

Hi Midlands,

I would not be aware of other compainies policies or procedures but I can advise that with eMobile a €60 euro deposit is required if two bills have not yet been paid to date.

This deposit is immediately applied as a credit to your next bill. Therefore you are not out of pocket by paying this as it puts you in credit on your account. I hope this explains things.

Tony

• Advertisement

Tony, its the total inconvenience of the whole thing........an utter utter shambles.

Also, can you answer my questions now please? I'm beginning to get annoyed now with you being evasive of my questions?????

Advertisement